Bruce Irvin: Will he do well this week?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Bruce Irvin: Will he do well this week?
Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:15 pm
  • Not sure about the matchup, but he is at home.

And hey for all the people saying he couldn't get sacks on the road.... HA! :D

Who's he going against, short pass gameplan for Brady? Yada yada yada yada.

Now here's an interesting stat. On only 20 snaps on Sunday, on the road, Irvin got 2 SACKS. Pretty impressive.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• I'm assuming he'll play well just as he has in all the other games. Whether he gets a sack or two, i dont know. Brady historically is pretty tough to sack.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Yeah I don't expect a high sack total this Sunday. Brady is a three-step-throw master. This game will be all about our secondary coverage.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I sacked Brady 4 times with him yesterday.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• 4.5 sacks in 5 games so far. Brady's line is still good, but not really at the elite level he's used to. I don't see any reason why he won't.

aros wrote:This game will be all about our secondary coverage.

Yeah. But it's really important for the rush to make sure he only gets his three step drops. Brady has no problem holding the ball for seven seconds if his line gives it to him. Hopefully we'll be seeing some coverage sacks next Sunday. Irvin and Clemons are so fast that "no pressure" could turn into "sack" really quickly.
    aku
    NET Rookie

• I never really expect a player to get a sack on any given game. We've only had one player in franchise history that had 16+ sacks in a season (and therefore a sack per game average). I just hope that as a team the Seahawks will get to the QB 3+ times.

As long as Irvin is creating pressure and Tom Brady plays at or below Russell Wilson's level as a result, I'll be happy.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Irvins sacks have been on:
    1). Romo
    2). Rodgers
    3). Newton

IMO the 3 that should have been harder to sack of the 5 we have played 96 with Kolb.).

So I see him getting 1 or 2 on Brady.
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• suppaball wrote:Irvins sacks have been on:
    1). Romo
    2). Rodgers
    3). Newton

IMO the 3 that should have been harder to sack of the 5 we have played 96 with Kolb.).

So I see him getting 1 or 2 on Brady.

Good point. I like 2. Let's go with 2. :th2thumbs:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• If the Patriots coaches are as smart as most people give them credit for being, they will come out and dink-and-dunk all day long, and run anywhere but up the middle. If they do this, we almost certainly lose.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:If the Patriots coaches are as smart as most people give them credit for being, they will come out and dink-and-dunk all day long, and run anywhere but up the middle. If they do this, we almost certainly lose.

Now, now, Debbie. :twisted:
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• If the Patriots coaches are as smart as most people give them credit for being, they will come out, score early then make Brady take a knee on every down (a la The Waterboy) to keep our lean mean defensive machine off the field and challenge our offense to beat them.
    Because their O have no chance against our D.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• As long as Irvin gets a good share of hits on Brady I will be pretty happy. We need to hit him and hit him often from multiple positions. Of course, sacks work really, really well too (and I particularly like the variety that end with Red, Mebane or Branch falling on the opposing QB).
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• RolandDeschain wrote:If the Patriots coaches are as smart as most people give them credit for being, they will come out and dink-and-dunk all day long, and run anywhere but up the middle. If they do this, we almost certainly lose.

It's hard to "dink and dunk" if the WR's can't get off the LOS. I hope Sherman and BB are in press coverage all day long. Take away those quick timing routes by jacking up the WR's from making their cuts and getting a good jam on Gronk.

The PATs aren't unbeatable. AZ and Baltimore proved that. I think Seattle has a great chance in this game. Think about GB, they have better weapons and just as good QB and a better defense and we still kept them at bay. The key will be limiting NE to FG's when they get their chances in the redzone. If the 3rd Down defense contines the trend from last week and allowed less than 30% than I think we stand a good chance.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• The beauty of our line is that all the guys are playing at a high level. This is gonna create a long week for the O.C. in N.E.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

We're not losing this game, RoRo.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I predict 2 sacks against Brady for Irvin.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

• 2 sacks for sure............but ill say 3 :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:
    Darrenv17
    NET Rookie

• I have every confidence in the play of our D, it's the O that worries me. We've been seeing incremental improvements though.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• If Irvin is out there getting sacks, then that's a good sign the Pats no huddle offense has been abandoned/isn't working. Because once they see Irvin on the field their going to their no huddle and going to start running the ball. Since Irvin only comes in on passing downs, the Pats are likely to be trying to throw for a first down on the play he comes in. A sack then stops them cold. They convert, however, and he may not get off the field for a while and they may not throw a whole lot of passes during that time.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information