Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:46 pm 
* NET Lead Admin *

Brady is amazing to watch in person I will say that. But he's human and if you plant him in the turf a lot his play will begin to deteriorate as the game goes on just like any one else.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:54 pm 
NET Veteran

Pats don't scare me at all. Brady is going to end up on his back all night long. Eventually he will throw a fit on the sidelines and yell at his O-line...then sit on the bench and dream of Jizz-el as we run them over. The Patriots are soft.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:12 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

I do not believe that Tom Brady has ever played a game here, at least not in the Clink/Qwest. The last time the Pats were here, we actually had a chance that was blown late with Cassell at QB.

The previous game in 04, the Hawks were driving to seal up the comeback in NE and the Hawks turned the ball over on the last drive.

The Hawks were in those games, this is a totally different team, with an awfully nasty defense, one that Brady hasn't seen yet. This defense is better than the Ravens' or the Cards and the game is at home which means ANYONE can be beat and frankly probably will.

With #12 on hand, this defense, the running game and a blooming QB the potential for physical beat down with a defensive clinic is very high.

I don't see any team and I mean ANY team coming in HERE and winning right now.

Brady has never experienced what he is going to experience this weekend. This game could affect the rest of his career as a QB, both physically and emotionally.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:39 pm 
NET Veteran

I think the Seahawks win this game and hopefully they learned something from the real reason they lost to the Rams. My former coaches from many moons ago would roll over in their graves if their team ever allowed a sneak play as in the fake field goal that provided the points for the Rams to win. That was just unbeleivable. Also, with such a large staff, I hope PC elects someone to keep track of time outs for a change.

RW is improving and Flynn has a sore arm, why all of the talk of QB changes? For some, RW could pass for 250+ yards, a couple of TD's and win the game and they would still want an unproven (in the Seahawks system) question mark of a QB with a sore arm to start. Their arguments don't even address the actuality of being a "run first team", with a reduced number of passing attempts. Some of Y'all need to keep in mind, no QB is perfect on every play, they all have incompletions and interceptions and have missed receivers, it's a part of the game. Can't we give the rookie RW a break and actually root for him for a change? Bottom line, I think MOST of us on .net want the team to win, back-biting doesn't help get us there. IMO, PC has 5 million reasons to get this right and I for one support and respect him as a coach. Maybe some here were Jim Mora supporters? Great job he did, wasn't it.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:43 pm 
NET Veteran

Prepare to lose !

Seriously, the Patriots scare me because they've been running the ball so damn well lately, something like 2 games in a row with well over 200 yards rushing. That's odd for them and makes them harder to defend. If we can stop the run with 6-7 guys in the box, and our Nickle CB matches up well with Welker, we'll be ok. I think we can run the ball on the Pats, and I'd like to see Wilson improve even more and find some open WRs.

I still have a bad feeling about the game, and it wouldn't be shameful to lose to one of the hottest teams in the NFL right now, even at home.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:48 pm 
* NET Bad Ass *

SoCalSeahawk wrote:
At 6'6" 265 pounds ... Rob Gronkowski is certainly a guy who could potentially be problematic [he ended last season with 1,263 yards -- the 6th most receiving yards]. That said, the Hawks just limited Jason Witten (6'6" 261 pounds) to 4 catches and 58 yards ... and Jermichael Finley (6'5" 247 pounds) to 4 catches and 60 yards. Those are 2 of the best TE's in the game.

On the good side of this, we held Finley and Witten in control while also having to cover some damn good outside receivers, a problem the Patriot's wideouts do not present. On the bad side of this, I remember Witten dropping three or four easy catches and Finley dropping his usual couple. Gronk and Hernandez will probably not be so accommodating. It will be intersting to see how Gronk reacts to having a safety who is big enough to put a real pop on his ass! This is where the bully gets bullied. The first Chancellor/Gronk collision should shorten his arms up a bit.

:snack:

Gronk only has 2" and 40 lbs on our CB's
Thats ridiculous!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:29 pm 
NET Veteran

This Defense is nasty. I'm not saying anything you don't already know.

The amount of trash talk/ banter between plays makes me freaking giddy! It doesn't matter who they are up against they have no fear to the point of almost no respect for the man lining up across from them. They get in their head, fight, push, shove and wrestle, ( in Browners case. BODY SLAM! ) And they all have each others back on the field. What a beautiful thing to watch! I just hope the passing games clicks better!

This Defense will do the same to the Pats. They are already in the Pats head, guaranteed!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:33 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

Hmmm. #1 Defense playing at home in the most DIFFICULT, STIFFLING PLACE TO PLAY IN THE NFL...

I like our chances.

I don't care if Jesus Christ himself comes down from the Heavens to quarterback and play the Seahawks at home this year. He's going down just like every other quarterback.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:35 pm 
NET Veteran

I live for home games. Can't wait.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:47 pm 
NET Veteran

Aros wrote:
Hmmm. #1 Defense playing at home in the most DIFFICULT, STIFFLING PLACE TO PLAY IN THE NFL...

I like our chances.

I don't care if Jesus Christ himself comes down from the Heavens to quarterback and play the Seahawks at home this year. He's going down just like every other quarterback.

Who would tackle Jesus? Wait, yeah, Red Bryant would tackle Jesus. "Im gon git you Jesus!" -Red Bryant

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm 
NET Veteran

Aros wrote:

I like our chances.

But jizzelle (sp) has already prayed to the football gods and Tim Tebow for a double-u.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:25 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

I can't believe those of you that are saying absolutely ridiculous stuff like "I'm not worried about the Pats/Brady." What planet are you on? Yes, we have arguably the best defense in the NFL. Stats don't tell the whole story, to those Pats fans that are lurking; our D has given up two TDs in the last four games. Rest of the points were field goals, a TD on special teams from the Rams, and a pick six.

We match up very, very, well against the Patriots, with our awesome defense and even better secondary. Brady can still carve us up if he comes out en fuego. Some people are taking the Patriots lightly, and you're just asking to be heartbroken with that.

We can definitely win this game, but it's not going to be easy. We have to play pretty much mistake-free football. We've been shooting ourselves in the nuts with penalties on the offense every single game to date this year, (and pretty much all of last year) if we can keep it to say, 3 penalties on the game, I feel THAT is the biggest single thing that will earn us a win.

To Patriots fans reading this, I would temper your expectations and be a little nervous coming into this game. It will hurt less if you lose. I guarantee you that even if you win, you will have spent at least a quarter of the game being very nervous.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:46 pm 
NET Rookie

RolandDeschain wrote:
I can't believe those of you that are saying absolutely ridiculous stuff like "I'm not worried about the Pats/Brady." What planet are you on?

And more importantly, where do they buy their koolaid? We've got a really good shot to win this game at home, but this should be the second hardest game on our schedule this year, behind the SF road game. The Cardinals held them to 18 points. We've only scored more than 18 points in one game this year. If our redzone offense executes, we win this. But so far that hasn't happened. It's gonna be close.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:32 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

aku wrote:
And more importantly, where do they buy their koolaid?

I'm thinking they're spiking it with a little somethin'-somethin' from these guys:

They're drug dealers from the most realistic cop-and-drug-trade show to ever air on television, The Wire.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:30 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

RolandDeschain wrote:
I can't believe those of you that are saying absolutely ridiculous stuff like "I'm not worried about the Pats/Brady." What planet are you on? Yes, we have arguably the best defense in the NFL. Stats don't tell the whole story, to those Pats fans that are lurking; our D has given up two TDs in the last four games. Rest of the points were field goals, a TD on special teams from the Rams, and a pick six.

We match up very, very, well against the Patriots, with our awesome defense and even better secondary. Brady can still carve us up if he comes out en fuego. Some people are taking the Patriots lightly, and you're just asking to be heartbroken with that.

We can definitely win this game, but it's not going to be easy. We have to play pretty much mistake-free football. We've been shooting ourselves in the nuts with penalties on the offense every single game to date this year, (and pretty much all of last year) if we can keep it to say, 3 penalties on the game, I feel THAT is the biggest single thing that will earn us a win.

To Patriots fans reading this, I would temper your expectations and be a little nervous coming into this game. It will hurt less if you lose. I guarantee you that even if you win, you will have spent at least a quarter of the game being very nervous.

Well, I expect to be nervous for 4 quarters, it is the 2012 Seahawk way.
For me, the game comes down to one thing, can the Hoodie do something unexpected? Our one weakness of D this year has been the death by 1000 cuts short yardage offense, the style Kolb ran, the style Rodgers used to come back on us. But the ability if the hawks to adjust to the line of scrimmage option game has me encouraged that we can cloud the issue enough. Brady is great in that 8 to 15 yard game outside the numbers, which is where our pass rush has to be disruptive.

There is one certainty. Win or lose, the Pats will leave Seattle bloodied. That sentiment might be behind most of the exuberance.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:48 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Aros wrote:

I like our chances.

Wow, blasphemy, and I like it :D

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:04 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

Look at the weather, probable rain and light wind.

NFL # 1 defense.

Power of the 12th man.

I like our chances.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:25 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

This a tough matchup, no doubt about it. The Pats defense is better than I'd like to see, and that could be troublesome. The Pats offense knows how to get it done no matter what kind of defense they're playing. This game scares me, home or not. I was more confident earlier in the year, but so far we've learned the Pats defense is a lot stouter than it was before, and their offense still knows how to score and score often.

This game is just too close for me to call. It's going to be a tough scrap the whole 60 minutes. It's going to get ugly. Will the Pats be able to chip away at our defense to score enough? Will our offense be able to overcome third downs and penalties and troubles with the red zone? Tough to tell.

It's going to come down to how well we can handle third downs - on both sides of the ball, how well we avoid penalties, and how well we avoid turnovers on offense and force them on defense.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:35 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

We definitely must shore up the short passing game, and especially over the middle, that seems to be our soft underbelly. Isn't that on the 'backers?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:35 am 
NET Veteran

loafoftatupu wrote:
I do not believe that Tom Brady has ever played a game here, at least not in the Clink/Qwest. The last time the Pats were here, we actually had a chance that was blown late with Cassell at QB.

Really good point. The 12th man and the D need to give Brady the same warm welcome they gave Rodgers.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:47 am 
I'M JIMMY!

volsunghawk wrote:
loafoftatupu wrote:

Really good point. The 12th man and the D need to give Brady the same warm welcome they gave Rodgers.

Brady has won just about everywhere. The guy is a QB machine, typically he is my first pick in the Fantasy draft because somehow, someway he gets his numbers, even if he has stunk it up for 3 quarters.

He might have his numbers, the Seahawks need to keep them to as many FG's as possible. I just feel like this defense is next-level at home and they are only improving. Brady is going to the recipient of the loudest crowd of the season, even more than Monday night against GB.

Tom Brady runs this offense, he IS the coordinator and that coordination is going to be a lot more difficult with this crowd, if anything it will force him to limit his options using silent counts and not being able to call out a variety of plays from under center.

This defense, this crowd. It isn't line the Pats have a stellar pass defense either which plays into the favor of Wilson, who doesn't need to torch them for 300 to be a winner.

In any case, I won't have a voice on Monday.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:50 am 
NET Rookie

RolandDeschain wrote:

I know the Pats culd DEF lose this game, its on the road against a very good team esp Defensively. BUT Seahawk fans should realize your D has NOT faced an O like NE yet either, they have TWO TE in Gronk and Hernandez, that are very hard to cover add in Pesky little Welker and Lloyd and you have a formidable Pass attack. If you go nickle or dime all game the Pats will gash you with the run w ridley and Bolden.
That said it comes down to ONE thing for me if the O line protects Brady the Pats win if they dont they probably lose

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:04 am 
* NET Philistine *

PatsFanNH wrote:
RolandDeschain wrote:

I know the Pats culd DEF lose this game, its on the road against a very good team esp Defensively. BUT Seahawk fans should realize your D has NOT faced an O like NE yet either, they have TWO TE in Gronk and Hernandez, that are very hard to cover add in Pesky little Welker and Lloyd and you have a formidable Pass attack. If you go nickle or dime all game the Pats will gash you with the run w ridley and Bolden.
That said it comes down to ONE thing for me if the O line protects Brady the Pats win if they dont they probably lose

While Benson is no Ridley/Bolden, the Packers passing attack is just as potent (if not more so) as the Patriots, IMO, and Seattle held Rodgers to 0 TDs. I don't expect a repeat of that performance, necessarily, but this defense gets an extra charge from the home field crowd noise as well as the added bonus of getting the same jump as the offensive line.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:08 am 
NET Rookie

Sarlac,

Last year I would agree 100% the Packers O was as potent, but this year they been very average so far. NO IDEA WHY. IMO the Pats make it more difficult to cover for example 2 TE set with Hernandez and gronk, you line up LBers or safeties on them they USUALLY will burn you by beating the coverage, if you bring in a nickle or dime to put corners on them they run it with ridley or bolden. (I have yet see a CB get off a Gronk block, heck he blocked some lineman well 1 on 1 lol) I guess what I am saying the Pats O is very different than almost any other O out there.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:39 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

The biggest problem I see is the Pats no huddle operating like the Oregon Ducks. The Seahawks like to have that DL rotation and I don't see them being able to implement the rotation when the Pats go into this mode. The other advantage the Patriots get out of this is the 12th man doesn't get a chance to ramp up the noise so the fans will need to be on their game recognizing that they cannot depend on relaxing while the next play is being called.

When the Pats lost Hernandez it was a huge hit, sort of like when Carlson went down in the Chicago playoff game. All our game planning went out the window and I think his loss along with the failure of the Patriots kicker is one of the reasons the Cardinals took home the victory. The Blitzburgh attack is not something the Seahawks are going to do. I think our LBs were victimized by the Rams on those 3rd and longs. For whatever reason they kept attacking the LOS opening holes behind them.

I don't expect to see the Patriots drop +40 on the team but I will be impressed if they can keep the Pats under 20. Hope the offense is able to build on last week's game.

But again, this thread isn't about taking a rational look at the game but rather a rallying cry, demanding more of ourselves as fans of the Seahawks. Trying to put that positive feeling out there (you know, like John Shango ... just kidding my brothers. Why so serious?)

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:03 am 
NET Veteran

PatsfanNH: I know Gronk is a great TE, and he's a good blocker, but he's never faced a CB like Browner. Guy is 6'4" and 230lb + ....we've seen him blow up 4 Cardinals on one ST play, and I mean devastate them. He can jam so well, even Gronk will be disrupted off the line (not saying he won't get off the line, but it won't be clean nor easy). We have 2 safeties in Chancellor and GUy that are 6'3" and 235 lbs and can run. We have the personnel to be able to handle most of your guys one on one.

Thing that scares me is our offense. We're terrible....last in the NFL in passing. We run well, but Wilson hasn't handled pressure well yet, and Belichick is good at pressuring QBs. We also lead the league at dumb assed penalties. If we can clean up our game, we have a shot, but NE is too good to keep shooting yourself in the foot like someone else already mentioned.

I'm also in agreement with Roland, that it amazes me that so many people think we're going to just faceroll the Pats. I'm not saying we don't have a shot, but it won't be easy. Completely disregarding a team that has gone back to back 200 yard rushing games, and like Scotte mentioned, is a master at the short yardage passing game that is our defenses achilles heel, is a sure way to disappointment and heartache. Seriously, seeing some of these posts, if the Pats win, I'm expecting a couple of aneurisms.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:07 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

aku wrote:
RolandDeschain wrote:
I can't believe those of you that are saying absolutely ridiculous stuff like "I'm not worried about the Pats/Brady." What planet are you on?

And more importantly, where do they buy their koolaid? We've got a really good shot to win this game at home, but this should be the second hardest game on our schedule this year, behind the SF road game. The Cardinals held them to 18 points. We've only scored more than 18 points in one game this year. If our redzone offense executes, we win this. But so far that hasn't happened. It's gonna be close.

I dunno. I expect to win this game. Do I expect it to be close and hard fought? Sure. But I expect the Seahawks to come out on top. When I feel like this before a game I lose the ability to worry about it. Until kickoff of course, then I'm a mess till that clock hits 0:00.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 am 
NET Rookie

Hawk,

So the seahawks will be in nickle and dime all game? Thats would be a dangerous thing as I doubt either of those 2 beat gronk and Hernandez blocking.. (If they are LBers then they will not be able stay with Hernandez especially )

But hey should be a good game, but all comes down to pressure, if your D needs to blitz to bring it, Brady will kill them if you have pressure with just rushing four it will be a very close game.

I think the true matchup as someone said in here earlier be our D versus your O.. I like our chances there our D is a very good TO machine right now.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:34 am 
*Bacon Eating Crusader*
*Bacon Eating Crusader*

The Pats are an excellent team with a HOF QB, but they have only beaten one team with a winning record the past 24 games.. The ravens in the AFCCG

EDIT: two teams.. the Bronchos were 9-8 in the divisional round...

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:34 pm 
NET Rookie

Barthawk,

What a USELESS Stat! The broncos were 2-2 but oops not a winning record if they beat the Ravens oops not a winning record team and Titans you got a point.. Oh and both losses were VERY VERY Questionable losses. IE Replacement refs screwed up in both games (esp against AZ.. and the missed Baltimore FG being called good) That isnt gonna happen Sunday.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:39 pm 
* Report Button *

PatsFanNH wrote:
Barthawk,

What a USELESS Stat! The broncos were 2-2 but oops not a winning record if they beat the Ravens oops not a winning record team and Titans you got a point.. Oh and both losses were VERY VERY Questionable losses. IE Replacement refs screwed up in both games (esp against AZ.. and the missed Baltimore FG being called good) That isnt gonna happen Sunday.

Um, bulliisht. I watched that Cardinals game - youre line and offense were manhandled. WTF are you talking about? Then, you got gifted an fumble for a FG try, and still lost.

The Hawks defensive line is similar, and what the Cards have in height, the Hawks make up for in speed.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

PatsFanNH wrote:
Barthawk,

The Patriots armor was dented when they lost game 19 of the formerly unbeaten season, and the formula to beat them was set in stone: Physical brutality. Fortunately for the Patriots, the NFL is short on truly nasty squads like that. Now, is that formula foolproof? Nope. But a very physical Ravens team did come within one dropped pass of beating you, and the injuries your team accumulated in that win may very well have cost you the Super Bowl.
That Cardinals team that beat you at home was another physical team that you could not handle. Will you win Sunday? Quite possibly. Will you get physically outmatched? Most definitely. Our squad is one of the 5 or 6 teams in the league that can win a game using brutality as their primary weapon. Watch your injury report, next week it will have more players on it than this week. If you are crying about questionable calls right now, by next week you will be complaining about uncalled personal fouls.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

:1: I'm hungry

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:58 pm 
* NET Moderator *

RolandDeschain wrote:
aku wrote:
And more importantly, where do they buy their koolaid?

I'm thinking they're spiking it with a little somethin'-somethin' from these guys:

They're drug dealers from the most realistic cop-and-drug-trade show to ever air on television, The Wire.

Awh, I miss Bodie. My favorite charachter from the show (and one of my fav from any tv show) along with Omar.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:07 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

The Seahawks are unproven but a up and coming team. It might be tough but will get it done.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:44 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Scottemojo wrote:
PatsFanNH wrote:
Barthawk,

The Patriots armor was dented when they lost game 19 of the formerly unbeaten season, and the formula to beat them was set in stone: Physical brutality. Fortunately for the Patriots, the NFL is short on truly nasty squads like that. Now, is that formula foolproof? Nope. But a very physical Ravens team did come within one dropped pass of beating you, and the injuries your team accumulated in that win may very well have cost you the Super Bowl.
That Cardinals team that beat you at home was another physical team that you could not handle. Will you win Sunday? Quite possibly. Will you get physically outmatched? Most definitely. Our squad is one of the 5 or 6 teams in the league that can win a game using brutality as their primary weapon. Watch your injury report, next week it will have more players on it than this week. If you are crying about questionable calls right now, by next week you will be complaining about uncalled personal fouls.

I think that Cardinals game was the last game like that for them, and they weren't even clicking yet like they are now, and still only lost because of a missed field goal. They have getting past what teams figured out now.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:46 pm 
* Report Button *

You only got to miss that field goal because the Cadinals fumbled while running out the clock. Greg Schiano's victory formation has more street cred.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:48 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Yeah, that fumble is due to the ball being knocked out. Those players are smart and very clutch. You have to play full 60 minutes to even get close to beat them.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:51 pm 
* Report Button *

Or, a boneheaded Cardinal player? I watched that ENTIRE game, because the Cards beat the Hawks week one. The team that deserved to win won tha Sunday. Saying otherwise is foolish. The Cards went to Foxboro and limited your offense - give them credit they defeated the Patriots.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:58 pm 
*Bacon Eating Crusader*
*Bacon Eating Crusader*

The point of that "useless" stat was to point out that while the Pats are a good team, they beat up on the sisters of the poor last year and either lost or struggled mightily against good teams..

The Pats are a good team, but they are definitely beatable and will not have an easy go on Sunday. Seattle is a hungry team that plays exponentially better at home.

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:09 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Aros wrote:
For some reason, the Seahawks are nearly unbeatable at home.

Agreed?

Sure, there's the one or two games a year where you leave CLink and say "WTF"?

But 90 percent of the time, the Seahawks beat whomever they are playing in Seattle. At home. Bliss.

The Patriots are a very, very good AFC team. Tom Brady is a future first-ballot HOF QB.

However, they are not used to playing in the loudest, most disruptive and intimidating stadium in the NFL.

After today's performance, the Seahawks may just have the #1 defense in the entire National Football League.

Think about how SICK our defense will be at home.

Think about how loud the Power of 12 will be.

Win.

Just curious, where the 90% figure comes from. According to this site the hawks are 53-29 all time at the Clink, which works out to around 60 percent of the time. That, in spite of the loudness and noise, does not sound like much of a home field advantage.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:33 pm 
NET Starter

bestfightstory wrote:
I am 5-0 in my last 5 games at Seahawks Stadium.

MNF vs Peckers
MNF last year vs Iggles
Home Opener Last Year vs Cards
BEASTQUAKE
Week 17 game vs Rams (the 'Let's NOT Suck For Luck' game)

Just sayin'.......if anybody has an extra ticket, I wouldn't be a bad place for it to go...

For the love of GOD!!! Somebody get this man a ticket!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:41 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

IndianFan wrote:
Aros wrote:
For some reason, the Seahawks are nearly unbeatable at home.

Agreed?

Sure, there's the one or two games a year where you leave CLink and say "WTF"?

But 90 percent of the time, the Seahawks beat whomever they are playing in Seattle. At home. Bliss.

The Patriots are a very, very good AFC team. Tom Brady is a future first-ballot HOF QB.

However, they are not used to playing in the loudest, most disruptive and intimidating stadium in the NFL.

After today's performance, the Seahawks may just have the #1 defense in the entire National Football League.

Think about how SICK our defense will be at home.

Think about how loud the Power of 12 will be.

Win.

Just curious, where the 90% figure comes from. According to this site the hawks are 53-29 all time at the Clink, which works out to around 60 percent of the time. That, in spite of the loudness and noise, does not sound like much of a home field advantage.

90% is obviously an inflated number but we're really goddam good at home when we're fielding a competitive team. Realistically during the 4-12 and 5-11 type seasons we weren't very good home or not.

When this team is playing generally well I'll put our home field advantage up against an other team, any other sport.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:24 pm 
NET Veteran

There's one recipe for beating the Pats, and that this...punch them in the mouth.

Physical D, Physical run game
I cannot imagine a team more over-hyped then this team. It won't be easy, my only fear is being out-coached like we were in STL.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:08 am 
NET Rookie

Barthawk wrote:
The point of that "useless" stat was to point out that while the Pats are a good team, they beat up on the sisters of the poor last year and either lost or struggled mightily against good teams..

The Pats are a good team, but they are definitely beatable and will not have an easy go on Sunday. Seattle is a hungry team that plays exponentially better at home.

Well since LAST year means NADA for this year, This year their 2 losses by a combines 3 points. Now A stat I found her: http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/takeaways-per-game

Very interesting Pats averaging ROUGHLY 3 TO a game and Seatle 1 roughly. IMO THIS is what will decide the game whichever teams D wins the TO battle.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:03 am 

Interesting tweet from Colin Cowherd, via one of the publishing folks on my feed:

Quote:
Angela James ‏@angelajames
RT @ESPN_Colin: I don't play fantasy football but know many of you do---so a warning--stay away from NE this week. story soon.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:08 am 
NET Rookie

lukerguy wrote:
There's one recipe for beating the Pats, and that this...punch them in the mouth.

Physical D, Physical run game
I cannot imagine a team more over-hyped then this team. It won't be easy, my only fear is being out-coached like we were in STL.

Have you seen any game outside of AZ? because that has not worked matter fact the Pats been the ones laying the smack down (the Ravens game was VERY hard hitting and the Pats Mauled the Bills and Broncos). Now I believe the Seahawks have a very good D, but they have not faced a decent O yet this year (based on this years stats):

AZ -- 31ST Ranked 0
Rams -- 29th ranked O
Carolina -- 22ND Ranked O
Packers -- 21st Ranked O
Cowboys -- 16th Ranked O

Also Fisher < BB as a head coach.. it isnt even close! Looking forward to Sundays game should be a fun game to watch.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:32 am 
* NET Philistine *

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Interesting tweet from Colin Cowherd, via one of the publishing folks on my feed:

Quote:
RT @ESPN_Colin: I don't play fantasy football but know many of you do---so a warning--stay away from NE this week. story soon.

Not that anyone cares, but Stevan Ridley is riding the pine on my team this week.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:29 am 
NET Rookie

Sarlacc83 wrote:
Seahawk Sailor wrote:

Quote:

Not that anyone cares, but Stevan Ridley is riding the pine on my team this week.

Dont forget to put him back in for the Jets game the following week or you will be kicking yourself.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:27 pm 

Here's an interesting tidbit:

Quote:
Liz Mathews 710 ESPN ‏@Liz_Mathews
Per ESPN STATS: Pats have lowest three-and-out percentage (5%) in NFL this season. #Seahawks have best rate in NFL for forcing at 31.5%.

Something's got to give.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]