Tell me- Have you ever noticed this.....

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Tell me- Have you ever noticed this.....
Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:51 pm
  • There seems to be some horrible virus going around the NFL and it's following US- We beat the livin snot out of the Cowgirls and all you heard nationally was WHAT IS WRONG WITH DALLAS ??? Then came Monday night with the Pack- Remember, "What's wrong with Aaron Rodgers and the offense ??? Now today it's "Cam Newton is trending downward", I think I figured it out- It's a conspiracy !!! The rapid decline in all 3 teams offense, was purely the product of our "Kick your ass and suck the life outta ya Defence"
    But the National headlines never credit the Hawks, The other teams lost to our sorry team on a fluke..Upset stomach or flatulence...Maybe HaHaHaHa I love it- Up yours hacks.
    TVHAWK
    NET Rookie

• Same story different day. Been like this forever.
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

• Are you new here?
    * NET Staff *

• If you crush a team with defense, the media ask what is wrong with the offense that couldn't score. If you crush a team with offense, the media thinks you have a contender. Just look at how they are talking about the 49ers now that they've laid down some serious points and have a tough defense. It is just the nature of reporting.

Defense wins championships but with just a fair to good offense this team just isn't going to be the sexy pick and I kind of like that. I just wouldn't know what to do if the Seahawks had continuous national acclaim, although I would say that this old dog wouldn't mind learning that trick.
    BullHawk33
    NET Rookie

• Hawkstorian wrote:Are you new here?

LOL

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:
    Hawkstorian wrote:Are you new here?

LOL

So perfect.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• Hawkstorian wrote:Are you new here?

+1
    gtcotcakya
    NET Rookie

• so at what point will the media change their story lines ? after we win the superbowl ? oh wait... it will still be " [blank team] just wasn't playing up to their regular season game, that 2 weeks off played a huge toll and.... "
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

• I like the fact that entire teams can't see straight after playing us.

Aaron Rodgers really looks like he's trending downward.

WK OPP YDS TD I/F
    1 SF 303 2 1 / 0
    2 Chi 219 1 1 / 0
    3 @Sea 223 0 0 / 0
    4 NO 319 4 1 / 0
    5 @Ind 243 3 1 / 0
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    DROPPIN' THE NOISE HAMMER AT THE SOUTH ALASKA INSANE ASYLUM
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

• djTOY2000 wrote:so at what point will the media change their story lines ? after we win the superbowl ? oh wait... it will still be " [blank team] just wasn't playing up to their regular season game, that 2 weeks off played a huge toll and.... "

The only damn way anyone in the national media will ever take us serious is if we have a serious dynasty.
    BullHawk33
    NET Rookie

• TheHawkster wrote:I like the fact that entire teams can't see straight after playing us.

Aaron Rodgers really looks like he's trending downward.

WK OPP YDS TD I/F
    1 SF 303 2 1 / 0
    2 Chi 219 1 1 / 0
    3 @Sea 223 0 0 / 0
    4 NO 319 4 1 / 0
    5 @Ind 243 3 1 / 0

Jason Whitten still thinks Kam Bam is waiting for him if he catches a ball. It's quite entertaining.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

• I understand being frustrated with the national media and Hawks coverage in particular --- people just need to understand that it is NEVER NEVER NEVER going to change.

Even winning multiple superbowls, it would only improve for those few years, then it would revert.

I'm OK with it because I don't see any way it actually hurts our team or my enjoyment of it.
    * NET Staff *

• In fairness to the media, it wasn't Newtons FIRST bad game this year, and GB has had problems scoring ALL year... So those two are easy to see why they started that line of questioning. And well Romo just went from beating a very good team to playing like well ROMO again. The Rams no one pays attention too, and well did anyone pay att to seatle v Az?
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• Also in all fairness, there have been quite a few articles this year written about how good Seattle's D is.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• HawkFan72 wrote:Also in all fairness, there have been quite a few articles this year written about how good Seattle's D is.

Seatle has a VERY good D, but questioning the other teams inemptness on O shouldnt take away from it. Especially when it is Newton and Romo you are talking about.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• People have asked what's wrong with Dallas just about every year since they last won a playoff game, which has been quite a while.

People have asked what's wrong with the Packers just about all year because their offense hasn't been in sync and Rodgers isn't on pace to throw for 5,000 yards and 40 TD's like he did last year.

People have been asking what's wrong with Newton all year. He didn't just stink last week against Seattle, he's stunk all year.

Sorry to burst your "OMG THE MEDIA HATES US!" bubble, but other than the Hawks being on these teams schedule, these teams were already underachieving before, and after the Hawks played them.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information