Which NFL team is laying the blueprint for Seattle?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Watch the Texans. They've had some REAL hard luck injuries and luck. But, the Texans are a good example of patience and longer-term plans.

That's who the Seahawks are going to be, and soon.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: Watch the Texans
Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:42 pm
  • That's who I bet on to win the AFC (prolly vs Ravens OR Pats) and Seattle to beat in the Super Bowl.

Would be a fun battle
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:43 pm
  • THAT'S what Seattle wants to be and modeling their franchise after, IMO.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:46 pm
  • Honestly I think our D is already better than the Texans.
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:49 pm
  • I always imagine Baltimore as our blue print. But the Texans are a good example as well.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:50 pm
  • They should fire Kubiack. Remember that?
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:52 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I always imagine Baltimore as our blue print. But the Texans are a good example as well.

Baltimore passes too much.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:53 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I always imagine Baltimore as our blue print. But the Texans are a good example as well.

Baltimore passes too much.

Yea, this year they seem to be airing it out a lot more. But the last few years they've been pretty grind it out.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I knew before I opened this thread you were going to steal the Texans. Lots of similarities except the pure 3-4.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• That's the difference - I dont see the Texans ever deviating. You could put Tom Brady there, and Kubiak would still run first. Lots of play action. Offensively, THAT'S who Seattle wants to be.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Well and good, and a thoughtfull OP, but, I would prefer to ask, are the Hawks setting the blueprint for others, and if so, who?
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

• On further thought, I think the 49ers, even more then the Texans, might be our blue print. I say that because we rely quite a bit on tight ends as SF does and we dont have anything comparable to Andre Johnson.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• The Texans were the mid-90s Seahawks until they got incredibly lucky and landed Wade Phillips.

I think Carroll is blazing his own trail. No one plays with the style of defensive front and size of defensive secondary we do and he is determined to be different on offense.
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• hasn't Shaub been in the league like 8 years now? if he peaks he may have a few good years left, post season can be tough on QBs physically, the best of the best are coming at you, again and again and again, teams might want to mature faster than 8 years so they can get a decent return on their investment by way of titles, but yea, the Texans are tough but currently in the worst division in the NFL so?
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• Texans and Baltimore are two good comparisons, specifically the Ravens defensive mindset. I'd throw in Atlanta Falcons during their 2010 season, at least offensively, because, well, Pete Carroll specifically said that they were a team he inspired the Seahawks to be.

Both, the Falcons and Ravens have both been throwing the ball a lot more, lately, though. It remains to be seen if Carroll wants to go that direction, even with a really good quarterback like Atlanta and Baltimore have.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• endzorn wrote:The Texans were the mid-90s Seahawks until they got incredibly lucky and landed Wade Phillips.

Wow - I have to know how they're similar. Record wise, maybe, yeah, before last year. But, those mid-90's Hawks weren't building towards anything, had no identity, and we'r a hodge podge of speed from The U, underrated RB's and overpriced WR's.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Seattle is the blue print for Seattle.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Recon_Hawk wrote:Texans and Baltimore are two good comparisons, specifically the Ravens defensive mindset. I'd throw in Atlanta Falcons during their 2010 season, at least offensively, because, well, Pete Carroll specifically said that they were a team he inspired the Seahawks to be.

Both, the Falcons and Ravens have both been throwing the ball a lot more, lately, though. It remains to be seen if Carroll wants to go that direction, even with a really good quarterback like Atlanta and Baltimore have.

Good call on the Falcons.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Twisted wrote:hasn't Shaub been in the league like 8 years now? if he peaks he may have a few good years left, post season can be tough on QBs physically, the best of the best are coming at you, again and again and again, teams might want to mature faster than 8 years so they can get a decent return on their investment by way of titles, but yea, the Texans are tough but currently in the worst division in the NFL so?

Schaub has been pretty good the last few years, though. They could have easily contended for the Title last year if he hadn't got injured and two years ago if the defense was anywhere where they are now.

I think the Texans situation just proves how hard it is to to have a solid defense/running game/quarterback all peaking at the right time. Three things needed to win a championship unless you are truly elite in one or two of those categories.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:Seattle is the blue print for Seattle.

exactly, I for one would like to see Seattle play a lot more aggressively in the playoffs than the Ravens, Baltimore and the Titans have historically, again whats made these teams look so good just like the 2010 Saints is a weak schedule.

have a look at some of these divisions, 6 games where your not getting pounded into the turf, whichever makes it in the NFC west no one will be able to say that team had an easy or lite schedule

Falcons, 5-0 AFCS tied for worst division in the league!

Texans, 5-0 NFCS tied for worst division in the league!

schedule strength means a lot especially in your division, your not getting pounded on a weekly basis by your own division and the second game is easier to scheme
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• Or, 2005 Seahawks, right Twisted?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• I remember Pete saying after the falcons game last year that they are a team that he wanted to be built like.
    Tremendous balance on offense, discipline - least penalized team in NFL--, tremendous possession team, turnovers were great in their favor, solid in the kicking game..."
    Hawkaholic
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information