Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonRud

Reaction score
Next week is going to be another 'heart attack game' that comes down to the wire most likely.

We cannot fall behind in this game with NE. our defense needs a big turnover or score early...and keep the pressure on.

Pats really scare me, their offense has been unconscious the last 6 quarters. Granted it was against inferior competition, but they have weapons all over.

Giants have shown in 2 Super Bowls you need to HIT Brady over and over again to get him off his game.....

This is such a critical game, because SF on the road on a short week [thanks NFL!] is almost impossible. My hope for that game is that the Giants really beat up SF on Sunday as they are known to do...and maybe knock Smith out for the Thursday nighter. NE is not physical like that...so maybe we pick up an advantage there.

Wow this is going to be a long week. Is it really only Monday????

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3jk1bsyp said:
Ssssshhhhhhh.... they're listening and watching from the shadows.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-pat ... page6.html

Hi Pats fans!! :2:

A lot of people on those boards who are downplaying the Hawks defense. I think those people will be in for a rude surprise. (Couple of Pats fan have pointed it out to those select, to be fair, however.)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
twisted_steel2":oxv4l8w8 said:
Ssssshhhhhhh.... they're listening and watching from the shadows.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-pat ... page6.html

Hi Pats fans!! :2:

Haha I got quoted in that thread! Nice.

I don't want my confidence to be taken as arrogance, but I seriously believe we're going to win this game. And not because I underestimate the Patriots, they're really really good and they've been really really good for a long time for a reason. I just believe that at home with our defense playing the way it is and the offense (hopefully) finally bringing it all together they're going to be up to the challenge. I know the 12's will be ready.

bellyfat

Reaction score
Even on a neutral field the Patriots don't scare me. I thought it might be tough to bring down Newton, but lmao Brady is just a statue (especially when he'll see no one open). Irvin, Mebane, Clemens, Red Bryant are going to wreak havoc on him. Forget about him catching up to Brees' TD record lol.

But what's annoying is he's going to start crying to the ref once someone puts a hand on him. So we'll see.

Anyways we'll get to see a lot of old people sporting NE jerseys on Sunday at Century Link, they fell in love with that team after being the new America's team haha. They might even help us out when they're on offense they'll be up making noise like us lmao.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenepatsrule
Lets just hope Brady doesnt get sacked as much as Rodgers did on MNF

NFL Stats: by Team Category
To be fair that was all in one half. Once the packers figured them out, the hawks got owned.

If getting "owned" is giving up 12 points, A. Rodgers throwing 0 TD's, and holding their main RB to 2.6 yards/rush, oh yea and winning! I hope we get "owned" every week. :lol: :roll:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1wqnlsun said:
Originally Posted by thenepatsrule
Lets just hope Brady doesnt get sacked as much as Rodgers did on MNF

NFL Stats: by Team Category
To be fair that was all in one half. Once the packers figured them out, the hawks got owned.

If getting "owned" is giving up 12 points, A. Rodgers throwing 0 TD's, and holding their main RB to 2.6 yards/rush, oh yea and winning! I hope we get "owned" every week. :lol: :roll:

Yup. "Owned" is now defined as one TD drive helped along by bogus penalties.

drdiags

Reaction score
Well it seems that the fans are in mid-week form. Patriots fans shocked at the gall of the lowly Seahawks fans to soil their team by mentioning anything but reverance. Seahawks fans with the glow of victory feeling the need to rally the troops. Good stuff.

Great challenge for the defense. Seems like Hernandez will be back, so the dual-headed TE beast is going to be in play.

Looking forward to gameday. I suspect we will be having a few Patriots fans coming by to enlighten us from our delusion. That should make for a couple hours of point/counterpoint. Hope our debaters bring it.

strohmin

Reaction score
Tom Brady is much smarter than any quarterback we have played and that alone is dangerous. as good as our defensive line is,Tom Brady is fine with throwing quick short passes and we have to be ready to tackle as fast as we can.

Happy

Reaction score
Brady is amazing to watch in person I will say that. But he's human and if you plant him in the turf a lot his play will begin to deteriorate as the game goes on just like any one else.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Pats don't scare me at all. Brady is going to end up on his back all night long. Eventually he will throw a fit on the sidelines and yell at his O-line...then sit on the bench and dream of Jizz-el as we run them over. The Patriots are soft.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I do not believe that Tom Brady has ever played a game here, at least not in the Clink/Qwest. The last time the Pats were here, we actually had a chance that was blown late with Cassell at QB.

The previous game in 04, the Hawks were driving to seal up the comeback in NE and the Hawks turned the ball over on the last drive.

The Hawks were in those games, this is a totally different team, with an awfully nasty defense, one that Brady hasn't seen yet. This defense is better than the Ravens' or the Cards and the game is at home which means ANYONE can be beat and frankly probably will.

With #12 on hand, this defense, the running game and a blooming QB the potential for physical beat down with a defensive clinic is very high.

I don't see any team and I mean ANY team coming in HERE and winning right now.

Brady has never experienced what he is going to experience this weekend. This game could affect the rest of his career as a QB, both physically and emotionally.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks win this game and hopefully they learned something from the real reason they lost to the Rams. My former coaches from many moons ago would roll over in their graves if their team ever allowed a sneak play as in the fake field goal that provided the points for the Rams to win. That was just unbeleivable. Also, with such a large staff, I hope PC elects someone to keep track of time outs for a change.

RW is improving and Flynn has a sore arm, why all of the talk of QB changes? For some, RW could pass for 250+ yards, a couple of TD's and win the game and they would still want an unproven (in the Seahawks system) question mark of a QB with a sore arm to start. Their arguments don't even address the actuality of being a "run first team", with a reduced number of passing attempts. Some of Y'all need to keep in mind, no QB is perfect on every play, they all have incompletions and interceptions and have missed receivers, it's a part of the game. Can't we give the rookie RW a break and actually root for him for a change? Bottom line, I think MOST of us on .net want the team to win, back-biting doesn't help get us there. IMO, PC has 5 million reasons to get this right and I for one support and respect him as a coach. Maybe some here were Jim Mora supporters? Great job he did, wasn't it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Prepare to lose !

Seriously, the Patriots scare me because they've been running the ball so damn well lately, something like 2 games in a row with well over 200 yards rushing. That's odd for them and makes them harder to defend. If we can stop the run with 6-7 guys in the box, and our Nickle CB matches up well with Welker, we'll be ok. I think we can run the ball on the Pats, and I'd like to see Wilson improve even more and find some open WRs.

I still have a bad feeling about the game, and it wouldn't be shameful to lose to one of the hottest teams in the NFL right now, even at home.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":2y5i5521 said:
At 6'6" 265 pounds ... Rob Gronkowski is certainly a guy who could potentially be problematic [he ended last season with 1,263 yards -- the 6th most receiving yards]. That said, the Hawks just limited Jason Witten (6'6" 261 pounds) to 4 catches and 58 yards ... and Jermichael Finley (6'5" 247 pounds) to 4 catches and 60 yards. Those are 2 of the best TE's in the game.

On the good side of this, we held Finley and Witten in control while also having to cover some damn good outside receivers, a problem the Patriot's wideouts do not present. On the bad side of this, I remember Witten dropping three or four easy catches and Finley dropping his usual couple. Gronk and Hernandez will probably not be so accommodating. It will be intersting to see how Gronk reacts to having a safety who is big enough to put a real pop on his ass! This is where the bully gets bullied. The first Chancellor/Gronk collision should shorten his arms up a bit.

:snack:

Gronk only has 2" and 40 lbs on our CB's
Thats ridiculous!

djb28

Reaction score
This Defense is nasty. I'm not saying anything you don't already know.

The amount of trash talk/ banter between plays makes me freaking giddy! It doesn't matter who they are up against they have no fear to the point of almost no respect for the man lining up across from them. They get in their head, fight, push, shove and wrestle, ( in Browners case. BODY SLAM! ) And they all have each others back on the field. What a beautiful thing to watch! I just hope the passing games clicks better!

This Defense will do the same to the Pats. They are already in the Pats head, guaranteed!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmm. #1 Defense playing at home in the most DIFFICULT, STIFFLING PLACE TO PLAY IN THE NFL...

I like our chances.

I don't care if Jesus Christ himself comes down from the Heavens to quarterback and play the Seahawks at home this year. He's going down just like every other quarterback.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Aros":25hsl3eo said:
Hmmm. #1 Defense playing at home in the most DIFFICULT, STIFFLING PLACE TO PLAY IN THE NFL...

I like our chances.

I don't care if Jesus Christ himself comes down from the Heavens to quarterback and play the Seahawks at home this year. He's going down just like every other quarterback.

Who would tackle Jesus? Wait, yeah, Red Bryant would tackle Jesus. "Im gon git you Jesus!" -Red Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.