The Pats are likely to neutralize our defense.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • oasis wrote:Unfortunately, I would say the Pats and broncos are the only offenses in my opinion that can beat our D handily. Our D is designed with big DB's to overpower the downfield threats of the NFL. But with teams that specialize in short-game efficiency, I feel they can pick us apart. Remember the preseason game when Peyton Manning had those drives where he was able to move downfield at will? It's the same concept.

Therefore, I would say
    -we are heavy underdogs next week, even at home
    -the only way we can beat them is in either a shootout, or in playing "keep-away" or whatever you call it when we try to keep the ball away...

Totally disagree. The Pat's offense is the same spread offense that the Packers run, with similar amazing QB's.

Our DB's are the EXACT TYPE of DB's you want to stop the spread attack of the Patriots. Spread offenses are predicated on timing and mismatches. Our defense is perfect for disrupting spread offenses. On top of that we have the best run defense in the league, so everyone peeing all over the Pats new found run game can forget that nonsense on Sunday.

This game will be lost or won with our offense scoring. If we lose, it'll be a 10-3 or 16-10 type score where once again we couldn't generate enough offense.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• I think the Hawks are going to play 3 safetys alot vs the Pats.Johnson is a key guy vs the Pats.
    canzag
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Seattle will need to look like the Green Bay/Carolina games on defense and the Dallas second half on offense in order to beat the Patriots. The Hoodie will try to dink-and-dunk us to death in order to neutralize our pass rush, and he has the QB to do it, so we'll just have to shorten the clock and answer their drives. We've definitely got a chance, but that's the formula.

I concur.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• bestfightstory wrote:kearly is cool with us losing.

For some reason.

To be fair to him, the 2nd half of our schedule seems to be much easier than the first half. So a 3-4 start doesn't mean the team is out of contention. They could still rattle off 6 or 7 wins in their last 9.

That said, beating the Patriots would be a huge win. 4-2 going into a short week matchup against (IMO) the best team in football right now.

On paper the Seahawks should be a contender in the NFC, this game will reveal a lot about the 2012 Seattle Seahawks.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• If the current stats hold up, pending the outcome of tonight's Texans/Jets game, then it will the #1 total offense going against #1 total defense.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• oasis wrote:The Pats are likely to neutralize our defense.

Seattle's D is most likely going to neutralize the Pats, should be a game then right? and Brady might not last the entire game... ;)
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Seattle will need to look like the Green Bay/Carolina games on defense and the Dallas second half on offense in order to beat the Patriots. The Hoodie will try to dink-and-dunk us to death in order to neutralize our pass rush, and he has the QB to do it, so we'll just have to shorten the clock and answer their drives. We've definitely got a chance, but that's the formula.

Yeah. I think Pete is gameplanning this is exact formula.
    oasis
    NET Starter

• I was honestly more worried about the Packer's offense than the Patriots and our D calmed my fears. I'm not going to worry about this weekend until I have to based on results.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• I would not be surprised to see Brady have an empty backfield for at least a couple entire drives and running no huddle. I remember him doing it a few times against tough defenses like Pittsburgh and Baltimore and using Gronk/Hernandez like crazy.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• If you look at the teams who have beat the Patriots in the past, one thing they've all had in common are physical Ds with good pass rush.

That's how the Cards beat the min Foxboro...

Ravens, Steelers, Giants

We'll have a shot as long as we can put 3 TDs on the board.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• lukerguy wrote:If you look at the teams who have beat the Patriots in the past, one thing they've all had in common are physical Ds with good pass rush.

That's how the Cards beat the min Foxboro...

Ravens, Steelers, Giants

We'll have a shot as long as we can put 3 TDs on the board.

Has this team done anything to make you think 3 offensive TDs is a reasonable expectation? Maybe if they can get a pick 6 or something...
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• The D may have the make up to stop the deep threat and run, but that's what GAME PLANNING is for. As long as Pete and Co. come up with a good scheme, there should be no reason not to have faith in the Defense. Back your team.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:I actually think we are well suited to beat the Pats offense except if they go hurry up the entire game. That is our only weakness. We are dependent on personnel switching to make our defense go. Otherwise we can stuff the run, disrupt the short passing game, cover the deep passes and rush the QB - but only if we have the right guys in.

Otherwise -

1) They have no deep threat.

2) Their offensive line is good but not great.

3) They are depending on their run game to get first downs.

4) Their wrs are susceptible to being bumped off the line.

If Hernandez plays it definitely creates a mismatch for us but I am sure that we will deal with it.

That will play a big part right there.Pats play as fast as any team I have ever seen in the NFL.I can see them catching us in unfavorable personell at times and really exploiting it or force us into our base d (which is pretty damn good)and making substitutions really tough.Could be tough getting our pass rushers into the game when we want to.I'm stoked to see how we match up could be a great chess match.I think we will need at least 20 points to win this game
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information