Wasn't Omiyale supposed to be the worst OL ever?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I'm not advocating for him as a starter, but he's shown excellent versatility AND has been effective whenever called upon.

Perhaps he's just one of those guys who is a born backup. No matter what, he's been a solid pickup. Let's hope he's found his niche!
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• MysterMatt wrote:I'm not advocating for him as a starter, but he's shown excellent versatility AND has been effective whenever called upon.

Perhaps he's just one of those guys who is a born backup. No matter what, he's been a solid pickup. Let's hope he's found his niche!

I think this is the key. He has been effective in short stints on the field. However I suspect that if he had to play for an extended period of time his deficiencies would be more easily exposed.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• I always regretted letting Polumbus go, but it sounds like Omiyale is stepping into that role nicely.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• I agree with you Matt, I no longer worry when Omiyale comes into the game. Actually I've kind of been relieved when he goes in which is kind of funny. But when you see all these mistakes being made and penalties being called it is nice to get relief mentally. So far he seems to be a solid pick up and much needed depth.
    YaktownHawK
    NET Veteran

• He's played well. From what I saw he looked a bit better on the left side than on the right (could be totally off base here, just what I noticed). Solid backup. He's been clutch when we needed him.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I would actually like to see him start against the Patriots at RT.

Breno has hurt more than he's helped at this point, and the running game didn't miss a beat with him in there.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Sounds like Omiyale is the "Tjack" of the OL. He's an effective backup.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• As long as Sean Locklear has a job in the NFL, I don't thing Franky-O has to worry about that.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• If Giacomini keeps being a moron on the field in regards to penalties, Omiyale will be a de facto starter, if Papa Pete keeps benching him for the stupid penalties.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• MysterMatt wrote:I'm not advocating for him as a starter, but he's shown excellent versatility AND has been effective whenever called upon.

Totally agreed.

The dude came in on the right and from what I could see (paying some attention) he was more than acceptable. I think he did a fantastic job in Okung's place then gave Breno a much needed sit-down with Papa Pete.

If Breno gets a couple more 15yd, drive killing penalties, I don't have a problem with him starting. I really like Breno's fire and nastiness, but not to the level he takes it sometimes and frankly, the call that got him taken out looked kind of bad to me, in that it looked like they play was still running.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• RolandDeschain wrote:If Giacomini keeps being a moron on the field in regards to penalties, Omiyale will be a de facto starter, if Papa Pete keeps benching him for the stupid penalties.

Damn Roland... I used my "Papa Pete" name without even seeing yours. Doesn't that make it an automatic fitting name? Or am I just unaware of it's previous use?
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Omiyale and McQuistan. We now have 2 "pork chop Womack's". Can both play multiple positions, and luckily, neither seem to have the injury bug.
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

• Omiyale was never the worst. Not as long as Alex Barron is alive.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• He has done pretty well for us so far. And I was one of those that wanted him gone early on.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• People mostly based their opinion of him on his time with other teams, I think. The problem there is that how good a guy is somewhere else has no real relation to how he plays under Tom Cable. Giacomini was supposed to suck too. Skill wise, that's obviously not the case. (Discipline wise, he's got work to do of course.) I think one of those analysis sites even said he was "one of the better run blockers in the league" at this point.
    aku
    NET Rookie

• volsunghawk wrote:Omiyale was never the worst. Not as long as Alex Barron is alive.

Barron is bad, but no where near Kyle Williams' level. Anyone remember that guy? Started in week six of '09 against the Cards after both Big Walt and Locklear went down. Has NO place near an NFL field.
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:Damn Roland... I used my "Papa Pete" name without even seeing yours. Doesn't that make it an automatic fitting name? Or am I just unaware of it's previous use?

I've been saying "Papa Pete" and "Uncle John" for more than a year. Not sure how you haven't noticed it before. I guess your subconscious did, at least; lol.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information