Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Wasn't Omiyale supposed to be the worst OL ever?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:38 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

I'm not advocating for him as a starter, but he's shown excellent versatility AND has been effective whenever called upon.

Perhaps he's just one of those guys who is a born backup. No matter what, he's been a solid pickup. Let's hope he's found his niche!

Post subject: Re: Wasn't Omiyale supposed to be the worst OL ever?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:43 am 
* NET Injury Guru *

MysterMatt wrote:
I'm not advocating for him as a starter, but he's shown excellent versatility AND has been effective whenever called upon.

Perhaps he's just one of those guys who is a born backup. No matter what, he's been a solid pickup. Let's hope he's found his niche!

I think this is the key. He has been effective in short stints on the field. However I suspect that if he had to play for an extended period of time his deficiencies would be more easily exposed.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:45 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

I always regretted letting Polumbus go, but it sounds like Omiyale is stepping into that role nicely.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:46 am 
NET Veteran

I agree with you Matt, I no longer worry when Omiyale comes into the game. Actually I've kind of been relieved when he goes in which is kind of funny. But when you see all these mistakes being made and penalties being called it is nice to get relief mentally. So far he seems to be a solid pick up and much needed depth.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:47 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

He's played well. From what I saw he looked a bit better on the left side than on the right (could be totally off base here, just what I noticed). Solid backup. He's been clutch when we needed him.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:48 am 
* NET Sage *

I would actually like to see him start against the Patriots at RT.

Breno has hurt more than he's helped at this point, and the running game didn't miss a beat with him in there.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:51 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sounds like Omiyale is the "Tjack" of the OL. He's an effective backup.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:53 am 
* NET Baller *

As long as Sean Locklear has a job in the NFL, I don't thing Franky-O has to worry about that.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:58 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

If Giacomini keeps being a moron on the field in regards to penalties, Omiyale will be a de facto starter, if Papa Pete keeps benching him for the stupid penalties.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:25 am 
I'M JIMMY!

MysterMatt wrote:

Totally agreed.

The dude came in on the right and from what I could see (paying some attention) he was more than acceptable. I think he did a fantastic job in Okung's place then gave Breno a much needed sit-down with Papa Pete.

If Breno gets a couple more 15yd, drive killing penalties, I don't have a problem with him starting. I really like Breno's fire and nastiness, but not to the level he takes it sometimes and frankly, the call that got him taken out looked kind of bad to me, in that it looked like they play was still running.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:27 am 
I'M JIMMY!

RolandDeschain wrote:
If Giacomini keeps being a moron on the field in regards to penalties, Omiyale will be a de facto starter, if Papa Pete keeps benching him for the stupid penalties.

Damn Roland... I used my "Papa Pete" name without even seeing yours. Doesn't that make it an automatic fitting name? Or am I just unaware of it's previous use?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:28 am 
NET Veteran

Omiyale and McQuistan. We now have 2 "pork chop Womack's". Can both play multiple positions, and luckily, neither seem to have the injury bug.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:40 am 
NET Veteran

Omiyale was never the worst. Not as long as Alex Barron is alive.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:41 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

He has done pretty well for us so far. And I was one of those that wanted him gone early on.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:34 pm 
NET Rookie

People mostly based their opinion of him on his time with other teams, I think. The problem there is that how good a guy is somewhere else has no real relation to how he plays under Tom Cable. Giacomini was supposed to suck too. Skill wise, that's obviously not the case. (Discipline wise, he's got work to do of course.) I think one of those analysis sites even said he was "one of the better run blockers in the league" at this point.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:40 pm 
NET Veteran

volsunghawk wrote:
Omiyale was never the worst. Not as long as Alex Barron is alive.

Barron is bad, but no where near Kyle Williams' level. Anyone remember that guy? Started in week six of '09 against the Cards after both Big Walt and Locklear went down. Has NO place near an NFL field.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:40 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

loafoftatupu wrote:
Damn Roland... I used my "Papa Pete" name without even seeing yours. Doesn't that make it an automatic fitting name? Or am I just unaware of it's previous use?

I've been saying "Papa Pete" and "Uncle John" for more than a year. Not sure how you haven't noticed it before. I guess your subconscious did, at least; lol.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]