Time to GET BEHIND Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verndog

Reaction score
Terpdragon":9940gdi4 said:
Did anyone else notice he threw behind his receivers on those interceptions? I think he did but will have to watch again to be sure.

Yes, clearly. People can refer to it as a"fluke", but the Lynch int. (although should have been caught), was behind him off his back hip into tight coverage. This will happen to every QB in the league from time to time...and they all count.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1tj0gt9y said:
100% agree. I would love to put all the QB debate behind us. Unfortunatly I dont think its going to happen.

The debate will never be behind us until Wilson plays consistently well each and every week.

I love my Hawks, but it's very frustrating to watch our offense when our defense is so damn good.........and I know it's not all on Wilson. Stupid penalties, poor pass blocking, WR's that can't beat one on one coverage, dropped passes. There's a lot of blame to go around. But the bottom line is if we want to make the playoffs, the offense has to pick it up. We can't keep trying to eek out wins on the last drive. This team has to start putting other teams away, not let bad teams hang around.

pehawk

Reaction score
Verndog":3l80qs79 said:
Terpdragon":3l80qs79 said:
Did anyone else notice he threw behind his receivers on those interceptions? I think he did but will have to watch again to be sure.

Yes, clearly. People can refer to it as a"fluke", but the Lynch int. (although should have been caught), was behind him off his back hip into tight coverage. This will happen to every QB in the league from time to time...and they all count.

Actually agree with you, Sugarpants. That Lynch fumble had alot to do with RW making a bad decision. However, it's only bad decision BECAUSE the RB's, WR's and TE' are still learning how to play with RW. Lynch wan't expecting it, but he will now.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Wilson showed improvement for sure and a lot of his big plays were negated by penalties but I’m not back to drinking the Wilson coolaid just yet. He owes this win to Brandon Browner, or we would be talking about how he’s not the immediate answer for this offense, this year. Many missed opportunities. 3 pts in the red zone when we have a very good running game is not going to cut it against a team like the Pats. The 3-2 record means nothing because that would be the baseline record with our #1 Defense, with any other quarterback including TJack.

Now this week is going to be a tough task. The Patriots have a quick passing attack and a solid RB in Ridley. Our D’s weakness may be the quick passing game. As the top offense in the NFL, they’re going to get their points. If Wilson can at least keep this game close, we’ll talk about getting behind him 100%. If not, the controversy continues.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":26ru2erf said:
We don't know what we have in Flynn seems to be the only defense for not starting him. Well we DO know this: After 5 games, Wilson is averaging 60 yards per game less passing than TJack.

What else do we KNOW? That Flynn was much better than TJack.
Do you know what else we KNOW? Flynn couldn't take the job in open competition and beat the rookie when it counted.

Twisted

Reaction score
geez, the Lynch fumble should have been a reception for positive yards, saying anything else is just saying Lynch is a second rate varsity type player, he knows he had that ball, it happens

Verndog

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2gf45gki said:
SalishHawkFan":2gf45gki said:
We don't know what we have in Flynn seems to be the only defense for not starting him. Well we DO know this: After 5 games, Wilson is averaging 60 yards per game less passing than TJack.

Do you know what else we KNOW? Flynn couldn't take the job in open competition and beat the rookie when it counted.

Don't confuse the word didn't with couldn't. ;)

Flynn is capable, make no mistake. He clearly beat out Tjack, and much can be said about his numbers vs Wilsons numbers, who they played, and with what receivers and running game...ect.

All that is water under the bridge at this point though, and what now is important is who gives us the best chance TODAY. There is no clear answer, so this WILL continue.

This goes way beyond yards. Look at all the numbers, points, int's, QB rating, 1st downs, ect...TJack was better through 5 games with a worse Oline. Ohh...and we beat the SB champ Giants in game 5 last year.

People need to quit comparing Wilson to other rookies and start comparing him to who he is replacing, and who is on the bench...otherwise they are the ones being "retarded".

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Verndog":2mdbr53w said:
BlueTalon":2mdbr53w said:
SalishHawkFan":2mdbr53w said:

Don't confuse the word didn't with couldn't. ;)

Flynn could've beat out Aaron Rodgers for the starting spot as the GB QB, but didn't. Hypothetical limits are fun, aren't they? Except where they meet reality, of course.

Verndog

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":iym2aypw said:
Flynn could've beat out Aaron Rodgers for the starting spot as the GB QB, but didn't. Hypothetical limits are fun, aren't they? Except where they meet reality, of course.

Sample size of 4 full seasons vs 3 halves pre season games is worth this comment?...Please. :roll:
I made a valid point...you sir did not.

edogg23

Reaction score
For those pleased with the offense improvement, let me ask one question. Did you see the Giants play the Panthers in Carolina on Thursday Night? The Panthers Defense was getting absolutely destroyed by backup receivers on the Giants. The game was so bad that they took Manning out in the 4th quarter. It looked like at times the Panthers had 9 guys on the field. Now this same Pather D came out against our fully healthy offense and held us to 1 TD and scored a defensive TD.

This offense is still a problem, it was just less apparent against this mediocre D. I am done on this subject for the week so mods no need to send me PMs for being negative...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Verndog":3mq7pjfm said:
Sarlacc83":3mq7pjfm said:

Sample size of 4 full seasons vs 3 halves pre season games is worth this comment?...Please. :roll:

Only because you and the rest of the Flynnatics take the for granted your assumption that Flynn is the better of the two QBs.

Verndog

Reaction score
edogg23":2b6wd8qa said:
This offense is still a problem, it was just less apparent against this mediocre D. I am done on this subject for the week so mods no need to send me PMs for being negative...

Not according to Carrolls comments today. "Wilson played a fantastic game".

Wow...we are in REAL trouble if he believes that. :179422:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
edogg23":m6izlkfb said:
For those pleased with the offense improvement, let me ask one question. Did you see the Giants play the Panthers in Carolina on Thursday Night? The Panthers Defense was getting absolutely destroyed by backup receivers on the Giants. The game was so bad that they took Manning out in the 4th quarter. It looked like at times the Panthers had 9 guys on the field. Now this same Pather D came out against our fully healthy offense and held us to 1 TD and scored a defensive TD.

Let me ask you one question. Do you think that those who are pleased at the improvement do not desire further improvement and are perfectly content for the offense to remain at this level of production forever and ever?

Or, perhaps, do you think they appreciate seeing progress - a step forward from last week to this week - and anticipate that continued experience and work will lead to more progress?

Okay, so maybe that was two questions.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't know why y'all try with these guys, its never going to register for them.

Verndog

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1br3ux94 said:
Only because you and the rest of the Flynnatics take the for granted your assumption that Flynn is the better of the two QBs.

Lies. You should read twice and post once.

Verndog":1br3ux94 said:
... what now is important is who gives us the best chance TODAY. There is no clear answer, so this WILL continue.

What did I just assume again?? :?:
All I've asked for is what is wrong with giving him a shot.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Verndog":33l7d5a1 said:

I'll answer.

Putting Flynn in takes development time away from Wilson, and Wilson has shown more potential with THIS team than Flynn has - in practice and on the field.

I do not believe for a second that Flynn would put up even remotely similar numbers with THIS team that he did in one game against Detroit, playing with an outstanding WR corps in Green Bay.

I do not believe for a second that Carroll and Bevell would give Flynn a more wide-open passing game than they're giving Wilson. They would clamp down on him the same way they did with Wilson, and the same way they did with Jackson, and the same way they did with Hasselbeck.

In other words, I do not believe - at ALL - that putting Flynn in the lineup would result in a vastly improved passing game or a more explosive offense.

What I DO believe is that putting Flynn in would signal to the team, its fanbase, and everyone watching that Seattle is second-guessing itself and that it can't commit to one guy at the most crucial position on the team. It would signal a lack of faith in a guy they hand-picked. And yes, I believe that Wilson was a hand-picked potential franchise QB while Flynn was a fallback option in case the FO didn't get the guy they wanted. I believe that Wilson's work ethic, arm, and mobility all outrank Flynn's, and that those things are all reasons why Wilson won the starting job in the first place.

I also believe that Wilson needs experience to become a bonafide top-flight starting QB, and that putting Flynn in prevents this without giving us any value in return. I believe that 2013 is where Seattle's SB window is truly and fully open - with more experience for the O-line and perhaps a playmaker at WR - and that this year is crucial for Wilson to gain experience so the offense hits on all cylinders next season. Please don't, however, think that I'm talking about throwing this season away. I think we can still make a run, since anything can happen on any given Sunday. But I think we're better situated for 2013, and that we must get our franchise QB the necessary experience for that to happen. Plus, I disagree that Flynn would be any sort of upgrade, so a developing Wilson is still the top QB on the team.

THAT is what's wrong with giving Flynn a shot.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2fevtyfo said:
Verndog":2fevtyfo said:
I do not believe for a second that Flynn would put up even remotely similar numbers with THIS team that he did in one game against Detroit, playing with an outstanding WR corps in Green Bay.

I don't think anyone's saying Flynn would put up similar numbers.

What some of us are saying is that RIGHT NOW, in 2012 Flynn gives the passing offense a better chance of succeeding over a rookie that's finding his way in the league.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Verndog":a40jz0v1 said:
Sarlacc83":a40jz0v1 said:

Lies. You should read twice and post once.

Verndog":a40jz0v1 said:
... what now is important is who gives us the best chance TODAY. There is no clear answer, so this WILL continue.

What did I just assume again?? :?:

This is a disingenuous argument as your assumption is a constant undercurrent in the past 4 weeks of your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts