Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
The backfield for the Pats is going to get shocked by the 'hawks D. I don't think they can handle the tenacity this team plays with. They've played Baltimore, and teams with good defenses, but this Seahawk's D is on a whole new level. Look forward to those young guys VS the Hawks Defense, and the frustration that should ensue. That just means more Brady passes, but I look forward to seeing him test the mettle/make up of The Legion and the guys up front. Keeping an eye on Wagner, like what I'm seeing this kid develop into thus far.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2nbkjm5h said:
The backfield for the Pats is going to get shocked by the 'hawks D. I don't think they can handle the tenacity this team plays with. They've played Baltimore, and teams with good defenses, but this Seahawk's D is on a whole new level. Look forward to those young guys VS the Hawks Defense, and the frustration that should ensue. That just means more Brady passes, but I look forward to seeing him test the mettle/make up of The Legion and the guys up front. Keeping an eye on Wagner, like what I'm seeing this kid develop into thus far.

Agreed completely. And as I said in another thread, I think you have to qualify the Patriots and the offensive numbers that they've put up a little bit. The Patriots offense put up ...

390 Yards and 34 Points against the Titans Defense (who rank 31st in Overall Defense (27th in Passing Yards/Game [285.0] ... and 27th in Rushing Yards/Game [136.5])
The Titans Defense has given up 151 Points (MOST in the NFL)

and 580 Yards and 52 Points against the Bills Defense (who rank 25th in Overall Defense (23rd in Passing Yards/Game [269.5] ... and 28th in Rushing Yards/Game [137.0])
The Bills defense has given up 131 Points (30th in the NFL)

That can tend to pad those offensive numbers a little bit. Don't get me wrong, Brady and company are good ... I'm just not sure they're quite AS good as the numbers indicate.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Pat's have lost against the only two good defenses they have played...Brady has been sacked 12 times, and their defense is middle of the road.
If the Hawks can minimize the idiotic mistakes, and Russ and the receivers can work over their suspect secondary...
It should be a long day for the Brady Bunch.
Go Hawks!

Daddy Love

Reaction score
You know you can just go to nfl.com and get this information anytime you want. This season after week 5 not counting MNF, the Seattle Seahwawks defense is:
#1 in total yards allowed
#5 in passing yards allowed
#3 in rushing yards allowed
#5 in sacks
tied for #1 in touchdowns allowed
#3 in total points allowed
#20 in interceptions
#21 in tackles

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Also, I believe Tez's number will be retired at this game, so the crowd will have that even as an extra boost to hype them up (as if they needed it).

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Yesterday evening, I was thinking about the Patriots game and I thought I'd break my current streak of picking Seattle in every game in the Aros thread. Then I woke up this morning, and damn, do I want to beat the Patriots. I hate them and their smug, smarmy baseball fans. I want to see the Brady we all know and love who yells at refs when he's getting hit and who slaps at the ground and acts like he's 2 years old. I want Bruce Irvin to make the Chandler Jones talk go away, and I want, most of all, to see 4-2 when after the Rams loss, bunch of crybabies were bemoaning our 'surefire' 2-6 mark by week 8.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Pats game will be like every other game this year, if the D can give Wilson short fields with turnovers, and Washington can get some nice returns, then we'll have a shot at winning.

What I'm worried about is Bill Belichick, he's the best schemer in the league, and believe me he's going to be Wilson's worst nightmare Sunday afternoon. So don't expect a whole lot from our offense. Once again, this game will be on the defense's shoulders on whether they can shut Brady down.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
At 6'6" 265 pounds ... Rob Gronkowski is certainly a guy who could potentially be problematic [he ended last season with 1,263 yards -- the 6th most receiving yards]. That said, the Hawks just limited Jason Witten (6'6" 261 pounds) to 4 catches and 58 yards ... and Jermichael Finley (6'5" 247 pounds) to 4 catches and 60 yards. Those are 2 of the best TE's in the game.

On the good side of this, we held Finley and Witten in control while also having to cover some damn good outside receivers, a problem the Patriot's wideouts do not present. On the bad side of this, I remember Witten dropping three or four easy catches and Finley dropping his usual couple. Gronk and Hernandez will probably not be so accommodating. It will be intersting to see how Gronk reacts to having a safety who is big enough to put a real pop on his ass! This is where the bully gets bullied. The first Chancellor/Gronk collision should shorten his arms up a bit.

:snack:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My big want for this game is a severe pass rush. As amazing as our D is, they still don't scare anyone with their pass rush. Yesterday I saw a lot of plays where Cam Newton had all day to pass. Fortunately he sucked balls but a better quarterback like Brady will make us pay. I want to see some safety or corner blitzes mixed in with our regular blitzing on Sunday. We cannot let Brady have 8 seconds back there.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Our defense just has the feel of a team on the verge of one of those 5 take away games. We were an eyelash away from 2 picks agaisnt Carolina, and all season it has been on the verge of one of those games. Brady likes his jersey clean. It won't be. And the Hawks love these get up games.

But Gronk is just as tough as anyone on our team. Lloyd's numbers on the Rams should hold up, he is actually getting targeted more in NE. But Browner, who gave up a lot of the stuff to Lloyd, is also better than last year.

I also like the matchup for our offense, I feel like we match up well OK what New England tries to do. They have keyed on stopping the run in New England this year, that is part of the reason the Patriots pursued Red Bryant last year. But they are vulnerable to cutbacks.

The wildcard is the coaching matchup. I have an irrational fear of Bill Belichick, and I suspect he will have some wrinkle to his gameplan that Pete will not expect, like running 10 times in a row from the gun or something like that. But it won't matter, the crowd noise will fuel our defensive lines getoff and create some big plays.

This will be another cardiac game, but I think we have the defensive matchups to win this thing.

Then on to the brawl by the Bay. That is going to be the fistfight of the year. Winning games is always the goal, but the SF game is going to have a very different feel. Win or lose, winning the battle of physicality has to be THE goal in that game.

pehawk

Reaction score
I think the Pats are succeptable to being bullied and physical play. On first down, I'll gladly take a roughing he passer, Breno chucking somebody, or sending Kam in to hit Brady.

Over the past few years THAT'S been the key to beating New England - punch tem in the mouth.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I can see the defense playing out of their minds a la the MNF game.

Not to mention the cross-country trip is just as tough on east coast teams as it is west coast teams.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":2xsygdgg said:
I think the Pats are succeptable to being bullied and physical play. On first down, I'll gladly take a roughing he passer, Breno chucking somebody, or sending Kam in to hit Brady.

No. No. No.

They need to cut that stupid penalty shit out. I'm sorry.

Plenty of ways to be physical and play smart. Teams like the Ravens and 49ers do it every Sunday.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":o3rnrtyv said:
pehawk":o3rnrtyv said:

No. No. No.

They need to cut that stupid penalty shit out. I'm sorry.

Plenty of ways to be physical and play smart. Teams like the Ravens and 49ers do it every Sunday.

Preferably, yes. But the Ravens and 49ers are older and AREN'T identified as thugs by refs.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":l6m9f6jr said:
Preferably, yes. But the Ravens and 49ers are older and AREN'T identified as thugs by refs.

Probably because they don't have an O-lineman with Joe Flacco's eyebrows who likes to commit stupid ass penalties every game.

We can beat a team like the Panthers with a stupid penalty or 2 (or 7) .. not the Patriots. I agree, I want the defense to punch them in the mouth, but do it during the play.. not some bonehead roughing the QB call (Clemons) or personal foul out of bounds or when the play has been blown dead (Breno x100)

Twisted

Reaction score
dang, Joe was lookin for those the other day

Twisted

Reaction score
yup, those penalties are excruciating, especially when the play was pretty much over, let him go maybe Seattle picks up a roughing the passer? players have to know when they can let their man go or just keep pushing to get the job done and when holding is absolutely necessary, if its less than a ten yard sac let it go, he beat his man then tackled him?

sometimes defenders fall and make it look like they were shoved especially if they think someone will fall on top of them, lots of theatrics in this sport..

Status
Not open for further replies.