Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots
Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:14 pm
  • For some reason, the Seahawks are nearly unbeatable at home.

Agreed?

Sure, there's the one or two games a year where you leave CLink and say "WTF"?

But 90 percent of the time, the Seahawks beat whomever they are playing in Seattle. At home. Bliss.

The Patriots are a very, very good AFC team. Tom Brady is a future first-ballot HOF QB.

However, they are not used to playing in the loudest, most disruptive and intimidating stadium in the NFL.

After today's performance, the Seahawks may just have the #1 defense in the entire National Football League.

Think about how SICK our defense will be at home.

Think about how loud the Power of 12 will be.

Win.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Amen Bro
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

• Ohh..I also drive by your exit every Monday and Thursday..lol, ill be sure to yell GO HAWKS every time from now on. Or stop in for a quick beer at your local dive..let me know..haha
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

• Need this kind of thread to counter all the 'prepare' to lose' bullshit we will see this week.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Unless the Texans post a shutout tomorrow (entirely possible, btw) we'll have the number 1 scoring defense in the league. We're not number one in yards (although still towards the top in both rushing and passing), but games aren't won or lost by yards. Offenses just don't really score on us. It's all about our offense, and I expect them to continue on the path to improvement, especially in front of the home crowd. The Patriots have the 24th ranked passing defense and are prone to giving up passing touchdowns. I think this is the perfect game for Russ & the boys to really break out and show what they're capable of.

This team is about to hit it's stride. The Patriots have no idea what they're getting themselves into. I almost feel sorry for them.

Edit: I must have been looking at the stats last night before they were updated. Seahawks are #1 overall defense and Patriots are #30 against the pass. Put that in your cap and smoke it.
    Last edited by Zebulon Dak on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:This team is about to hit it's stride. The Patriots have no idea what they're getting themselves into. I almost feel sorry for them.

Now THAT is the spirit.

4-2. Sounds awfully nice doesn't it?

BELIEVE IT.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:This team is about to hit it's stride. The Patriots have no idea what they're getting themselves into. I almost feel sorry for them.

Now THAT is the spirit.

4-2. Sounds awfully nice doesn't it?

BELIEVE IT.

Oh I believe brother!!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I'm ready to prefunk....

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:I'm ready to prefunk....

Tell me about it!!!!

This whole preseason/regular season feels like a prefunk for the playoffs!

I'm so hyped I can't even sleep sometimes.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• I love this goddam team.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I will make love to our defense. In a non-sexual kind of way.

Just kidding.

Or am I?

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• According to NFL.com's stats section the Seahawks are #1 in total yards given up and tied for first with the Cards and Texans for least TDs given up and 3 for least points given up as well.

I think its ok to refer to the Legion of Boom and Friends as the #1 defense right now.... Knock on wood!

oh and to put it in perspective, the Bills have the 31st ranked defense when it comes to points given... at almost 100 points more than the Seahawks!
    tubbs51
    NET Starter

• Pete definitely wants to beat the team that 86ed him back in the day, but Bill knows this and will have his hands team working on recovering onside kicks all week.

I think we have a chance (at home) if our offense doesn't turn the ball over and our D can limit NE to 21 pts. Even then, our D will likely have to score, or at least set the O up with excellent field position thru-out the contest for us to have a chance in this one. I don't believe there is a defense in the league better suited to stop NE than us.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• I am 5-0 in my last 5 games at Seahawks Stadium.

MNF vs Peckers
    MNF last year vs Iggles
    Home Opener Last Year vs Cards
    BEASTQUAKE
    Week 17 game vs Rams (the 'Let's NOT Suck For Luck' game)

Just sayin'.......if anybody has an extra ticket, I wouldn't be a bad place for it to go...
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Manhandling receivers will help, but if even one of them has a tiny bit of separation for a small period of time, Brady will get them the ball. This team rarely loses because everybody on offense "does their job" and aren't trying to hit home runs.

To win this game, the pass rush must be brutal and relentless like it was in the NE/Arizona game without much blitzing. Brady will be controllable if the pressure starts annoying him. The rush needs to be there or he will "dink and dunk" all the way to the end zone. They will throw the ball a lot and guys are going to get their catches but if they can make Brady less than great in important parts of drives and keep Ridley out of the game there's a good chance to win this.

The Seahawks won't win turning the ball over like the last couple of games because it's very improbable they can hang in a shootout. If the Patriots offense can be slowed running the ball an insane amount of time will keep the Patriots offense off the field and the score low. That's how I like my new-school Seahawks football, anyway.

I really hate the Patriots and I want this win pretty badly. I hope Clemons, Irvin, Mebane, and Jones keep putting that dude in the dirt all day and ruin his manicure.
    bmorepunk
    NET Starter

• bestfightstory wrote:Need this kind of thread to counter all the 'prepare' to lose' bullshit we will see this week.

No kidding. To hell with all that noise I'm prepared for BLOOD.

Hawks are going to beat the poo out of Brady and company.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• Seriously. This team gets taken down by Arizona in their house and we're still supposed to fear the Patriot brand name? No sir. I won't feign confidence that I think we're a lock or anything, but in no way do I go into any Seahawk home game expecting to lose.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

• we have a chance because our home turf IS A MOTHER for teams. So yeah, anything can happen here.

Oh and time to get behind this:

Look at that. It's like gold...with feet!!
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

• Just look at what the Seahawks have done thus far this year ...

Yesterday, the Seahawks absolutely destroyed Steve Smith (one of the best WR's in all of the game over the past several years). Smith got only 4 catches for 40 yards and was a complete non-factor in that game. His "holding" penalty against Sherman (in which he looked more like a Pro Wrestler) was the result of total frustration on his part. And that was on the road mind you. Well, Smith is 5'9" 185 pounds -- the exact same size as Wes Welker. Think Sherman, Browner, and crew can't do the same thing to the Pats leading WR as well -- AT HOME?

Brandon Lloyd is a guy who has some recent history against Seattle. In 2010 as a member of the Broncos, Lloyd had 3 catches for 53 yards on 9/19 and really, was a non-factor in that game. Last year with the Rams, he caught 5 balls for 67 yards and a TD on 11/20 (the Hawks won 24-7) ... and 5 balls for 82 yards on 12/12 (the Hawks won 30-13). Lloyd has put up respectable numbers ... but he certainly hasn't been a true difference maker in any of the recent games he's played against us. Heck, the Hawks secondary just limited Jordy Nelson (who ended last season as the 9th best WR) to 19 yards on 2 catches. Brandon Lloyd can provide some match-up problems for opposing secondaries ... but he's no Jordy Nelson.

At 6'6" 265 pounds ... Rob Gronkowski is certainly a guy who could potentially be problematic [he ended last season with 1,263 yards -- the 6th most receiving yards]. That said, the Hawks just limited Jason Witten (6'6" 261 pounds) to 4 catches and 58 yards ... and Jermichael Finley (6'5" 247 pounds) to 4 catches and 60 yards. Those are 2 of the best TE's in the game.

Given that Seattle is giving up a paltry 66.6 Rushing Yards/Game [3rd Best in the NFL] AND that this game is being played in the CLINK ... I very much like our chances.
    Last edited by Hawkscanner on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• GGGOOOOO SEAHAAAWWWWWWKS!!!!. woops. Sorry for the outburst. I just can't help it. lol :0190l:
    rawkhawk
    NET Starter

• The backfield for the Pats is going to get shocked by the 'hawks D. I don't think they can handle the tenacity this team plays with. They've played Baltimore, and teams with good defenses, but this Seahawk's D is on a whole new level. Look forward to those young guys VS the Hawks Defense, and the frustration that should ensue. That just means more Brady passes, but I look forward to seeing him test the mettle/make up of The Legion and the guys up front. Keeping an eye on Wagner, like what I'm seeing this kid develop into thus far.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• SouthSoundHawk wrote:The backfield for the Pats is going to get shocked by the 'hawks D. I don't think they can handle the tenacity this team plays with. They've played Baltimore, and teams with good defenses, but this Seahawk's D is on a whole new level. Look forward to those young guys VS the Hawks Defense, and the frustration that should ensue. That just means more Brady passes, but I look forward to seeing him test the mettle/make up of The Legion and the guys up front. Keeping an eye on Wagner, like what I'm seeing this kid develop into thus far.

Agreed completely. And as I said in another thread, I think you have to qualify the Patriots and the offensive numbers that they've put up a little bit. The Patriots offense put up ...

390 Yards and 34 Points against the Titans Defense (who rank 31st in Overall Defense (27th in Passing Yards/Game [285.0] ... and 27th in Rushing Yards/Game [136.5])
    The Titans Defense has given up 151 Points (MOST in the NFL)

and 580 Yards and 52 Points against the Bills Defense (who rank 25th in Overall Defense (23rd in Passing Yards/Game [269.5] ... and 28th in Rushing Yards/Game [137.0])
    The Bills defense has given up 131 Points (30th in the NFL)

That can tend to pad those offensive numbers a little bit. Don't get me wrong, Brady and company are good ... I'm just not sure they're quite AS good as the numbers indicate.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• Pat's have lost against the only two good defenses they have played...Brady has been sacked 12 times, and their defense is middle of the road.
    If the Hawks can minimize the idiotic mistakes, and Russ and the receivers can work over their suspect secondary...
    It should be a long day for the Brady Bunch.
    Go Hawks!
    Wartooth
    NET Veteran

• You know you can just go to nfl.com and get this information anytime you want. This season after week 5 not counting MNF, the Seattle Seahwawks defense is:
    #1 in total yards allowed
    #5 in passing yards allowed
    #3 in rushing yards allowed
    #5 in sacks
    tied for #1 in touchdowns allowed
    #3 in total points allowed
    #20 in interceptions
    #21 in tackles
    Daddy Love
    NET Bench Warmer

• Also, I believe Tez's number will be retired at this game, so the crowd will have that even as an extra boost to hype them up (as if they needed it).
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• bestfightstory wrote:Need this kind of thread to counter all the 'prepare' to lose' bullshit we will see this week.

Uck 'em...
    fay.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We're looking for grit"
    Pete Carroll
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• Yesterday evening, I was thinking about the Patriots game and I thought I'd break my current streak of picking Seattle in every game in the Aros thread. Then I woke up this morning, and damn, do I want to beat the Patriots. I hate them and their smug, smarmy baseball fans. I want to see the Brady we all know and love who yells at refs when he's getting hit and who slaps at the ground and acts like he's 2 years old. I want Bruce Irvin to make the Chandler Jones talk go away, and I want, most of all, to see 4-2 when after the Rams loss, bunch of crybabies were bemoaning our 'surefire' 2-6 mark by week 8.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• The Pats game will be like every other game this year, if the D can give Wilson short fields with turnovers, and Washington can get some nice returns, then we'll have a shot at winning.

What I'm worried about is Bill Belichick, he's the best schemer in the league, and believe me he's going to be Wilson's worst nightmare Sunday afternoon. So don't expect a whole lot from our offense. Once again, this game will be on the defense's shoulders on whether they can shut Brady down.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• At 6'6" 265 pounds ... Rob Gronkowski is certainly a guy who could potentially be problematic [he ended last season with 1,263 yards -- the 6th most receiving yards]. That said, the Hawks just limited Jason Witten (6'6" 261 pounds) to 4 catches and 58 yards ... and Jermichael Finley (6'5" 247 pounds) to 4 catches and 60 yards. Those are 2 of the best TE's in the game.

On the good side of this, we held Finley and Witten in control while also having to cover some damn good outside receivers, a problem the Patriot's wideouts do not present. On the bad side of this, I remember Witten dropping three or four easy catches and Finley dropping his usual couple. Gronk and Hernandez will probably not be so accommodating. It will be intersting to see how Gronk reacts to having a safety who is big enough to put a real pop on his ass! This is where the bully gets bullied. The first Chancellor/Gronk collision should shorten his arms up a bit.

:snack:
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• My big want for this game is a severe pass rush. As amazing as our D is, they still don't scare anyone with their pass rush. Yesterday I saw a lot of plays where Cam Newton had all day to pass. Fortunately he sucked balls but a better quarterback like Brady will make us pay. I want to see some safety or corner blitzes mixed in with our regular blitzing on Sunday. We cannot let Brady have 8 seconds back there.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Our defense just has the feel of a team on the verge of one of those 5 take away games. We were an eyelash away from 2 picks agaisnt Carolina, and all season it has been on the verge of one of those games. Brady likes his jersey clean. It won't be. And the Hawks love these get up games.

But Gronk is just as tough as anyone on our team. Lloyd's numbers on the Rams should hold up, he is actually getting targeted more in NE. But Browner, who gave up a lot of the stuff to Lloyd, is also better than last year.

I also like the matchup for our offense, I feel like we match up well OK what New England tries to do. They have keyed on stopping the run in New England this year, that is part of the reason the Patriots pursued Red Bryant last year. But they are vulnerable to cutbacks.

The wildcard is the coaching matchup. I have an irrational fear of Bill Belichick, and I suspect he will have some wrinkle to his gameplan that Pete will not expect, like running 10 times in a row from the gun or something like that. But it won't matter, the crowd noise will fuel our defensive lines getoff and create some big plays.

This will be another cardiac game, but I think we have the defensive matchups to win this thing.

Then on to the brawl by the Bay. That is going to be the fistfight of the year. Winning games is always the goal, but the SF game is going to have a very different feel. Win or lose, winning the battle of physicality has to be THE goal in that game.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I think the Pats are succeptable to being bullied and physical play. On first down, I'll gladly take a roughing he passer, Breno chucking somebody, or sending Kam in to hit Brady.

Over the past few years THAT'S been the key to beating New England - punch tem in the mouth.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• :13: likin the smarmy reference thier fans are.
    rawkhawk
    NET Starter

• I can see the defense playing out of their minds a la the MNF game.

Not to mention the cross-country trip is just as tough on east coast teams as it is west coast teams.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• pehawk wrote:I think the Pats are succeptable to being bullied and physical play. On first down, I'll gladly take a roughing he passer, Breno chucking somebody, or sending Kam in to hit Brady.

No. No. No.

They need to cut that stupid penalty shit out. I'm sorry.

Plenty of ways to be physical and play smart. Teams like the Ravens and 49ers do it every Sunday.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I think the Pats are succeptable to being bullied and physical play. On first down, I'll gladly take a roughing he passer, Breno chucking somebody, or sending Kam in to hit Brady.

No. No. No.

They need to cut that stupid penalty shit out. I'm sorry.

Plenty of ways to be physical and play smart. Teams like the Ravens and 49ers do it every Sunday.

Preferably, yes. But the Ravens and 49ers are older and AREN'T identified as thugs by refs.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:Preferably, yes. But the Ravens and 49ers are older and AREN'T identified as thugs by refs.

Probably because they don't have an O-lineman with Joe Flacco's eyebrows who likes to commit stupid ass penalties every game.

We can beat a team like the Panthers with a stupid penalty or 2 (or 7) .. not the Patriots. I agree, I want the defense to punch them in the mouth, but do it during the play.. not some bonehead roughing the QB call (Clemons) or personal foul out of bounds or when the play has been blown dead (Breno x100)
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• dang, Joe was lookin for those the other day
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• yup, those penalties are excruciating, especially when the play was pretty much over, let him go maybe Seattle picks up a roughing the passer? players have to know when they can let their man go or just keep pushing to get the job done and when holding is absolutely necessary, if its less than a ten yard sac let it go, he beat his man then tackled him?

sometimes defenders fall and make it look like they were shoved especially if they think someone will fall on top of them, lots of theatrics in this sport..
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• Next week is going to be another 'heart attack game' that comes down to the wire most likely.

We cannot fall behind in this game with NE. our defense needs a big turnover or score early...and keep the pressure on.

Pats really scare me, their offense has been unconscious the last 6 quarters. Granted it was against inferior competition, but they have weapons all over.

Giants have shown in 2 Super Bowls you need to HIT Brady over and over again to get him off his game.....

This is such a critical game, because SF on the road on a short week [thanks NFL!] is almost impossible. My hope for that game is that the Giants really beat up SF on Sunday as they are known to do...and maybe knock Smith out for the Thursday nighter. NE is not physical like that...so maybe we pick up an advantage there.

Wow this is going to be a long week. Is it really only Monday????

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• Ssssshhhhhhh.... they're listening and watching from the shadows.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-pat ... page6.html

Hi Pats fans!! :2:
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• LOL...we are going to kick their ass.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• twisted_steel2 wrote:Ssssshhhhhhh.... they're listening and watching from the shadows.

A lot of people on those boards who are downplaying the Hawks defense. I think those people will be in for a rude surprise. (Couple of Pats fan have pointed it out to those select, to be fair, however.)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• twisted_steel2 wrote:Ssssshhhhhhh.... they're listening and watching from the shadows.

Haha I got quoted in that thread! Nice.

I don't want my confidence to be taken as arrogance, but I seriously believe we're going to win this game. And not because I underestimate the Patriots, they're really really good and they've been really really good for a long time for a reason. I just believe that at home with our defense playing the way it is and the offense (hopefully) finally bringing it all together they're going to be up to the challenge. I know the 12's will be ready.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Even on a neutral field the Patriots don't scare me. I thought it might be tough to bring down Newton, but lmao Brady is just a statue (especially when he'll see no one open). Irvin, Mebane, Clemens, Red Bryant are going to wreak havoc on him. Forget about him catching up to Brees' TD record lol.

But what's annoying is he's going to start crying to the ref once someone puts a hand on him. So we'll see.

Anyways we'll get to see a lot of old people sporting NE jerseys on Sunday at Century Link, they fell in love with that team after being the new America's team haha. They might even help us out when they're on offense they'll be up making noise like us lmao.
    bellyfat
    NET Starter

• Originally Posted by thenepatsrule
    Lets just hope Brady doesnt get sacked as much as Rodgers did on MNF

NFL Stats: by Team Category
    To be fair that was all in one half. Once the packers figured them out, the hawks got owned.

If getting "owned" is giving up 12 points, A. Rodgers throwing 0 TD's, and holding their main RB to 2.6 yards/rush, oh yea and winning! I hope we get "owned" every week. :lol: :roll:
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Originally Posted by thenepatsrule
    Lets just hope Brady doesnt get sacked as much as Rodgers did on MNF

NFL Stats: by Team Category
    To be fair that was all in one half. Once the packers figured them out, the hawks got owned.

If getting "owned" is giving up 12 points, A. Rodgers throwing 0 TD's, and holding their main RB to 2.6 yards/rush, oh yea and winning! I hope we get "owned" every week. :lol: :roll:

Yup. "Owned" is now defined as one TD drive helped along by bogus penalties.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Well it seems that the fans are in mid-week form. Patriots fans shocked at the gall of the lowly Seahawks fans to soil their team by mentioning anything but reverance. Seahawks fans with the glow of victory feeling the need to rally the troops. Good stuff.

Great challenge for the defense. Seems like Hernandez will be back, so the dual-headed TE beast is going to be in play.

Looking forward to gameday. I suspect we will be having a few Patriots fans coming by to enlighten us from our delusion. That should make for a couple hours of point/counterpoint. Hope our debaters bring it.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Tom Brady is much smarter than any quarterback we have played and that alone is dangerous. as good as our defensive line is,Tom Brady is fine with throwing quick short passes and we have to be ready to tackle as fast as we can.
    strohmin
    NET Starter

Next

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information