BRUUUUUCCCEE

bellingerga

Reaction score
Where would we be without an elite defense this year? I shudder to think.

I hope the offense shows some more improvement next week, no more regressions. If we can start scoring in the red zone this team is going to be scary good. We've been in the red zone so much/..... if we could just start sealing the deal.

I know the struggles have been frustrating as hell but I don't think everyone realizes how close this team is...... it really comes down to scoring once we get in the red zone and our defense is going to give us ALOT of chances all year.

I just feel like we're on the edge of a breakthrough..... it's coming.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Entire defense was top notch today! I can't believe they held Carolina to 3 offensive points!

Verndog

Reaction score
The sack / fumble was awesome, but when he swatted Newton's leg and brought him down like a Gumby doll, that was incredible! I wasn't for this move on draft day and had my doubts...I'll gladly eat those questions with his play of late. :th2thumbs:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Verndog":116te8kt said:
The sack / fumble was awesome, but when he swatted Newton's leg and brought him down like a Gumby doll, that was incredible! I wasn't for this move on draft day and had my doubts...I'll gladly eat those questions with his play of late. :th2thumbs:

Ditto. That was a huge play and the kid will likely surpass my expectations for him. From a sack perspective, I felt he needed no less than 8 in his rookie year to show that he was worth the pick. He will surpass that and equally impressive to me is his motor. I think he must have played every snap in pre-season and he just goes and goes.

Desires to learn, has blazing speed and is absolutely relentless. Barring the I word ( I won't say it), he's gonna' be a monster for a long time. OCs will start game planning for him starting now. Good luck with that.

dunceface

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1i7cllo0 said:
Did he do the wipe me down?

I saw it on the first sack but if he did it at the end of the game they didnt show it on tv...BRRRRUUUUUUUUUCCCEEE

Twisted

Reaction score
bellingerga":gcskc6f7 said:
Every year some tool calls one or two of our rookies a bust after a couple pre-season games... its silly.

Another two I'd throw into this conversation are Okung and Carpenter.... Okung has been a little hit n miss this year but he's panning out to be a good player and Carpenter has flat out stunned me with his miraculous recovery and more than solid play since he came back.

Anyway, back on topic.... BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE. Love that dude! Bruce and CLem, such a great combo.

no false starts for Okung today? he must have got sum... :D

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Twisted":2t4ivd47 said:
bellingerga":2t4ivd47 said:
Every year some tool calls one or two of our rookies a bust after a couple pre-season games... its silly.

Another two I'd throw into this conversation are Okung and Carpenter.... Okung has been a little hit n miss this year but he's panning out to be a good player and Carpenter has flat out stunned me with his miraculous recovery and more than solid play since he came back.

Anyway, back on topic.... BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE. Love that dude! Bruce and CLem, such a great combo.

no false starts for Okung today? he must have got sum... :D

Too bad Okung got the iffy holding penalty. I see a definite improvement the games he's played in so far this season. GiImmaGuacamole deservedly rode the pine for awhile. I hope that helps him get his head straight.

amill87

Reaction score
I'm not impressed.

Upshaw would've already had 8 sacks this far into the season.

ErikG803

Reaction score
That's a nice little stat from Hawkblogger. Bruce becomes the 14th player in NFL history to reach 4.5 sacks in his first 5 games

:179422:

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Someone get the draft experts on the phone and tell them thye hit the nail on the head! TOTAL BUST.

/sarcasm

Love this guy! I don't have enough money to purchase a Jersey for every player on the defense!

Basis4day

Reaction score
ErikG803":1phbnjlw said:
That's a nice little stat from Hawkblogger. Bruce becomes the 14th player in NFL history to reach 4.5 sacks in his first 5 games

:179422:

Not only that. Hawkblogger also pointed out that Courtney Upshaw, Melvin Ingram, Quintan Coples, and Chandler Jones have combined for fewer sacks (3.5) than BRUUUUUUUCEEEE.

To be fair, Jones has three and Upshaw has .5 (Don't forget he dropped to round 2).

Latest posts