What to do with Breno Giacomini?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1sudhbte said:
Who replaced Breno when he came out? How'd he do?

Omiyale. Didn't miss a beat in the run game. In fact Lynch's first run was a good one.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
sutz":1pkddedn said:
I though Okung had a relatively clean game today.

No?

He had one O-hold for ten yards today, so I may have been a little pissed from last week. Point being he is just as guilty as anybody for the 65 yards of penalties we incurred today. Our Offense is on the cusp of greatness and the penalties are exacerbating the negatives.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
They either annonced the wrong number on that play or just decided to call a hold for no reason whatsoever, Okung wasn't even in the same stratosphere of a holding penalty on that play, nice clean block by him on that one.

Twisted

Reaction score
SNDavidson":3na8q5zz said:
They either annonced the wrong number on that play or just decided to call a hold for no reason whatsoever, Okung wasn't even in the same stratosphere of a holding penalty on that play, nice clean block by him on that one.

kinda what I thought, everyone payed to watch cam play today so the refs were just doing their part I suppose?

dunceface

Reaction score
I was watching it w/o the sound at a bar and there were a few plays that were non existent on the replay...

canzag

Reaction score
Short leash for sure.I love his edge he plays with but he needs to have more control.Plus the refs cut him no slack.

themunn

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3d53rxpc said:
sutz":3d53rxpc said:
I though Okung had a relatively clean game today.

No?

He had one O-hold for ten yards today, so I may have been a little pissed from last week. Point being he is just as guilty as anybody for the 65 yards of penalties we incurred today. Our Offense is on the cusp of greatness and the penalties are exacerbating the negatives.

that was never a hold in a million years to be fair, the announcers reckoned they got the number wrong because there's no way you could call it a hold

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Eyebrows Giacomini needs to figure his # out right quick! I don't know how Tom Cable hasn't thrown a rock cross at this dude on the sideline of a game yet...

Uffda

Reaction score
CANHawk":2ut2bazp said:
I think we should invest in one of those electric collars they use to train dogs...

Was thinking the same .

remotely controlled since he doesn't appear to control himself. drop him to the ground if he starts stupid crap again.

Largent80

Reaction score
I have heard interviews with him on the radio. He does not appear to be stupid while talking. However his 1 play in this game in the 1st quarter was good for a 70 yard negative. He had 45 net in his last game.

This offense cannot afford this and this is on Cable to get it straightened out.

cover-2

Reaction score
I re-watch Seahawks games looking at specific guys and Breno is getting a bit of an unfair reputation. Of the 3 personal foul penalties on Breno the past two games only one of them was legit...the other two he clearly knocked guys down before the whistle was blown. He is getting flagged on reputation. He finishes off blocks, which really ticks off opposing players, especially the ones he pancakes.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
cover-2":1q5zxhep said:
I re-watch Seahawks games looking at specific guys and Breno is getting a bit of an unfair reputation. Of the 3 personal foul penalties on Breno the past two games only one of them was legit...the other two he clearly knocked guys down before the whistle was blown. He is getting flagged on reputation. He finishes off blocks, which really ticks off opposing players, especially the ones he pancakes.

I agree cover, Breno plays to the whistle. He is a big reason we get those 2-3 extra yards on no gains. He is the fighter in a phone booth. His hold was a hand placement hold. He flat out beat his man. The DE went low and breno leaned on him. His mistake was pulling his left arm round (i think charles) instead on over his shoulder. If he would have gotten his arm completely over the top of the DE's shoulder and pushed down, no call.

O, did decent, I think he might be a slight better in pass pro but he is no where near as good as Breno in the mauling department. He missed on some key blocks at the 2nd level and on the line that cost us big yards.

HawkHack

Reaction score
PC said something pretty funny in his Monday press conference ("PC" -- press conference -- is that a coincidence? I think not).

Asked about the Breno situation and penalties in general, he said something like, "well, whatever I'm doing isn't working that well".

I too like the fact that Breno was benched. Breno > Omiyale, but the big guy needs to learn restraint.