Time to GET BEHIND Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1a3f77gw said:
100% agree. I would love to put all the QB debate behind us. Unfortunatly I dont think its going to happen.

You guys, as mods, can make it happen. Just sayin'. Maybe some smashmouth "officiating" in QB threads, lol; or perhaps have one giant gazillion-page-long thread where QB talk is allowed during the week and no new threads about it, making it easier to avoid? IDK.

hawktawk

Reaction score
Who was the best quarterback on the field today? Mr. Wilson is one hell of a leader and a gift to us in the third round. Listen to the specific praise his teammates heap on him for his hard work, his quest for greatness, and mental toughness. Cam has exceptional physical characteristics, no doubt, but Mr. Wilson has a lot of Larry Bird, Magic, and MJ in his personality. This quarterback has the potential to lift the potential of his teammates simply by the example he himself sets.

kearly

Reaction score
Somebody set up us the bomb

pehawk":2y0a36al said:
I dont get any of the doubt. I maybe SOOOO wrong, but I've seen progress EVERY WEEK. Every week adding throws and eliminating mental errors.

Yup, for the most part.

Week 1: Mostly bad performance
Week 2: Excellent performance
Week 3: Mostly bad performance (but better than vs. AZ)
Week 4: Solid performance that was marred by 3 fluke INTs
Week 5: Very good performance that was hurt some by a fluke INT and a deluge of questionable, momentum killing penalties.

Oh and hey, remember not that long ago when Wilson had an overthrow problem? He hasn't had a blatantly overthrown pass for a while now. I'm definitely seeing development- particularly in regards to pocket presence and poise.

Happybelly

Reaction score
kearly":2jq70vc1 said:
pehawk":2jq70vc1 said:
I dont get any of the doubt. I maybe SOOOO wrong, but I've seen progress EVERY WEEK. Every week adding throws and eliminating mental errors.

Yup, for the most part.

Week 5: Very good performance that was hurt some by a fluke INT and a deluge of questionable, momentum killing penalties.

Oh and hey, remember not that long ago when Wilson had an overthrow problem? He hasn't had a blatantly overthrown pass for a while now. I'm definitely seeing development- particularly in regards to pocket presence and poise.

Agreed on all accounts. I would like to see him quit that habit of always bailing right, though. He's gotten better with it, but it's still a bit of an issue.

endzorn

Reaction score
kearly":3h0led6a said:

Week 4: He was really bad. That's the only conclusion I could come up with.

He limited mistakes in week 2 and took what was available, but that was his only real solid effort.

I like Wilson and I think he'll turn into something solid, but I feel like we're having to overcome his play rather than feed off it. That's not to say he won't turn a corner later in the season and we can hang our hat on his play, but if our defense was even average the Draft Forum would be going crazy right now.

chris98251

Reaction score
Saw improvement today, penalties have hurt Wilson and the offense, our third down play calling also hurts Wilson. I did see him looking at more of the field today, hitting some different guys and letting them make plays. His decision making still has to speed up and he needs to be decisive when it does. Thats the pro game speed and at some point giving his work ethic and study it should slow down. Seemed they let him play more today, yeah a couple picks but those mistakes can be learned from. It happens to every QB.

Now if we continue to let him play a bit more every week and can get him to see more and react faster I think things are moving as well as we could expect.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":11wrph4w said:
The guy is 3-2 as a rookie starter, former third round pick. Is he perfect? Absolutely not. Is he doing better than most other rookie QB's, especially considering he's not the storied #1 overall or top-5 pick who is expected to be great? Absolutely yes.

What rookies would those be? Out of curiosity.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Not sure what everyone was expecting but Russell Wilson's progression has been steady and for the most part pretty normal. Maybe because he showed so much promise during the preseason people thought it would carry over to the regular season. I have been sitting on the sidelines in disbelief sometimes how people are starting to call for Flynn already. We are such a knee jerk society we want instant gratification for everything. So much so that our sports franchises and corporations cave in to this most selfish of all human emotions. This leads to crappy products that are force fed down our throats which have not gone through their natural maturation process. Then we sit around and belly ache about how crappy everything is. Would you rather flip flop between Wilson and Flynn until we blow this thing up again in three years or should we let Wilson get his battle scars and lead us to a championship? You can't have both. Flynn should be a solid backup now. End of story and lets move forward.

Twisted

Reaction score
why is it Wilson needs to improve but his line doesnt? :?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's Wilson's job to GET everybody behind him. Until then, he's not earned loyalty.

That said, however, he's unlikely to do that until he posts 300 yards against a Top 5 defense, and I hope I'm not breaking anyone's hearts when I say that that won't be happening this year. Until then, we've got Matt Flynn buzzing around offering a tempting bypass for our rookie QB struggles, the type of bypass that's very familiar to Seahawks fans and that may or may not be a mirage.

Sounds like the debate will continue.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
He will have the 12th Man in his corner next Sunday. I'm expecting that it will be a "whale of a game"! Should we beat NE, we are Playoff contenders!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":16s9pgzj said:
It's Wilson's job to GET everybody behind him. Until then, he's not earned loyalty.

That said, however, he's unlikely to do that until he posts 300 yards against a Top 5 defense, and I hope I'm not breaking anyone's hearts when I say that that won't be happening this year. Until then, we've got Matt Flynn buzzing around offering a tempting bypass for our rookie QB struggles, the type of bypass that's very familiar to Seahawks fans and that may or may not be a mirage.

Sounds like the debate will continue.

I agree with some of this. I'm not so sure that 300yds against a top 5 defense is really all that important though. Show me some points somewhere in that effort and I'd say you have something. From today's game, he was about 30yds short of that figure (if not for the call back for holding on the 50+yd pass) and we weren't behind by much. If we ever end-up playing from a larger points deficit, I could see him passing for 300+, but that is meaningless if it stops short of or in the red zone.

Oh, and as for the bypass, let me get some of that action: "Dilfer, Dilfer, Dilfer!!"

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":16962tt8 said:
I'm not so sure that 300yds against a top 5 defense is really all that important though.

Oh, it's not. But that's the only benchmark for success some people have around here.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
rastahawk":18rh1p36 said:
Not sure what everyone was expecting but Russell Wilson's progression has been steady and for the most part pretty normal. Maybe because he showed so much promise during the preseason people thought it would carry over to the regular season. I have been sitting on the sidelines in disbelief sometimes how people are starting to call for Flynn already. We are such a knee jerk society we want instant gratification for everything. So much so that our sports franchises and corporations cave in to this most selfish of all human emotions. This leads to crappy products that are force fed down our throats which have not gone through their natural maturation process. Then we sit around and belly ache about how crappy everything is. Would you rather flip flop between Wilson and Flynn until we blow this thing up again in three years or should we let Wilson get his battle scars and lead us to a championship? You can't have both. Flynn should be a solid backup now. End of story and lets move forward.

'Ding ding,' WINNER!

:34853_tinfoil: :34853_tinfoil: But wait minute, I can order and get exactly what I want from Amazon in a day or so. Not like it took awhile to develop the product; it just gets posted to the website and BAM, it's ready to go! ...and Madden players never take that long to develop..I call BS on this! :177692:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1tf4dy79 said:
The noise coming from the 12th man this season sounds EXACTLY like the noise coming from Baltimore fans in 2008. EXACTLY. And quarterback and team performance has so far matched it almost identically.

Stop forcing that silly analogy.

Nobody cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts