No. 1 vs. No 1

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Next Sunday the number 1 offense in the NFL (NE) takes on the number 1 defense. Yes, boys and girls, our Seattle Seahawks are the number 1 defense in the NFL! FWIW, the Seahawks are the number 27 offense and the Patriots are the number 22 defense. Should be fun.

TLD0550

Reaction score
oh boy Im getting my popcorn ready Im so exciteeedddd

Dreo

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2q8bf4f1 said:
Definatly glad its at home.

I say we win.

I like that prediction. And I'll be at the game doing whatever I can to make it come true.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Our defense matches up very well with their offense IMO.

It's the offense against their defense that has me very concerned.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The Pat's shall fall! That it has been spoken, so let it be written. :)

Seriously, who does this team have to square off against to get some respect in this league! Pittsburgh... again!

sutz

Reaction score
One of the reasons NE is #1 on Offense is that we did a number on GB for a game. ;)

Twisted

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":dotm6whu said:
The Pat's shall fall! That it has been spoken, so let it be written. :)

Seriously, who does this team have to square off against to get some respect in this league! Pittsburgh... again!

Ben was on a heater today

A

Anonymous

This was what I would call a fairly typical weekend across the league. According to who was or is leading the stats, so they showed it today on the field. Nothing really stuck out for me as being an anomoly besides maybe the GB loss...

The Patriots have talent in some very key areas that they can go to at will. The Panthers had the talent, but fewer of them for us to deal with. I go into next week thinking that instead of having to cover a few guys confidently, we're going to have to cover a bunch of them adequately. That spells more big gainers, less of the dropsies from receivers than we saw tonight, and more decisive and accurate quarterback play. They may score on us more than other teams have been. Get ready for that, mentally. If we blanket Welker and Gronk with constant attention, they'll just adjust to two of the other 8 go-to guys and smoke us. We'll have to be ready to see the play and make quick adjustments to keep the score manageable.

On Offense, I say we tear them a new one. The Patriots defense is porous and is easily scored upon. IMO, the worst D we'll have seen so far this year.

We will win.

SE174

Reaction score
I already called it in my "2012 Bold Predictions" thread. Their OL is going to struggle with the pressure we're gonna bring. Their WRs are gonna have a rough day too, getting jammed constantly. Heavy dose of the BEAST, a couple clutch plays by the Rook, and #1 Defense multiplied by the power of 12 should be enough to put this one away. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
If our defense puts the hurt on their receivers it may affect them enough to keep Brady from lighting it up. He'll be under pressure. For the first time in years I have total confidence in our ability to mount a 4 man rush and get pressure on the QB. Our 12th man will be needed, however.

Offensively, I hope we see tangible improvement, especially from the oline's propensity to get flagged. If the refs and breno screw us again, the Pats are too good for us to overcome it.

Atradees

Reaction score
I never thought we would have the number one d. That is a dream come true as a loyal fan. Hot.

samwize77

Reaction score
To take out Brady, we HAVE to do what NYG did against them in the 1rst SB they played.....pressure pressure pressure...thats the way to take Brady out of the game. I think we're set up to do that pretty well.

themunn

Reaction score
the scary thing is, when our offense starts to click it's only going to help the defense improve (take the 49ers and Texans as a perfect example, both excellent defenses that get better when they don't have to do as much)

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
This is going to be fun. I do see Brady dumping it off underneath in the middle of the field a lot. That's the only "hole" I notice during game day, inbetween my fits of extreme happiness and let down after seeing the flags fly. Teams have cued in on the toughness of the D, and play safe a lot. It's REALLY annoying to see, but better than long runs and deeper passes. Thinking I just want to see COMPLETE, consistent, domination on all areas of the field when the 'hawks defense takes the field!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
sutz":19vgmam3 said:
One of the reasons NE is #1 on Offense is that we did a number on GB for a game. ;)

AND also the fact that they racked up ...

390 Yards and 34 Points against the Titans Defense (who rank 31st in Overall Defense (27th in Passing Yards/Game [285.0] ... and 27th in Rushing Yards/Game [136.5])
The Titans Defense has given up 151 Points (MOST in the NFL)

and 580 Yards and 52 Points against the Bills Defense (who rank 25th in Overall Defense (23rd in Passing Yards/Game [269.5] ... and 28th in Rushing Yards/Game [137.0])
The Bills defense has given up 131 Points (30th in the NFL)

That can tend to pad the stats a little bit. Don't get me wrong, these guys are good ... I'm just not sure they're quite THAT good.

Latest posts