Jimmy Johnson Mocking the Seahawks

hawksfan515

Reaction score
ensett":1jhfv6q5 said:
that was just a bad throw. has nothing to do with opening anything up

No offense meant, but this is stupid right here. When you open up the offense, it means take more chances, pass the ball more, try to fit it in to smaller windows. That's what happened on the pick 6, Wilson took a shot, tried to fit it in a small window after being rushed, and didn't take the sack.

That was definitely a byproduct of opening the offense up. There's a reason opening the offense up isn't really being done. It's not like when we open the offense up Wilson's gonna pass for 400 yards, get real. We are not built to open up the offense, so why do you want to?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson needs to take more boner pills and shut his face.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Kind of funny his name consists of two nicknames for the very thing those pills are for, I find that humorous.

The Radish

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson has walked the walk in college & pros both. He's used to being considered a football God.

Get used to it, that board is made of people form the big name teams of their day and the Seattle Seahawks ain't on his play board. They don't want to admit that the time of their "money" teams might be changing and God forbid Seattle be one of those up and coming teams.

Its funny to me how he bad mouths Pete as being a college coach when that is what he is.

What will he say next week after Seattle beats NE? Well remember it won't be Seattle winning it will be New England losing.

Its been that way for years and its going to continue for more years. Lets hope the next Fox board is made up of heros of todays teams, not last years. And if you want to feel better just remember that his 'Boys have very little chance of making it to the playoffs again this year.

:les:

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":1v27mqbj said:
Folks on here mock the Seahawks offence constantly, but we're offended when a non-Seahawks fan does it? I have the same reaction; show me Mr. Carroll, instead of just saying every week about how the offence is on the cusp of mediocrity.

If "you guys" would start spelling it with an "S" we might get touchdowns!!! hehe

-SH

HawkWow

Reaction score
JOhnson is and always has been a blow hard. I recently saw some show (American greed?) where the makers of Extense, the product Johnson touts, were being brought on charges for BSing the public about this male enhancement stuff. I forget how they are getting around this in continuing to sell the stuff but it speaks volumes about who Jimmy Johnson is: Do anything for a buck conman.

He and his cronies have managed to ruin pre-game Sundays for me. Their skits and (wanna be) comedy routines, IMO, our for the very weak minded. The crap is not clever or remotely funny. I don't watch any of the shows other than NFL net...and there's too much ass-grabbin and clownin' around there too.

While on a roll here, I am also sick to death of Ray Lewis and the portrayal that he is some modern day MLK or something. Whether he actually comitted any murders or not, we don't know for sure...but he was there and his bros killed some kids in his presense. Everybody makes mistakes and most deserve a second chance..but no way should he be depicted as the ambassador for the NFL and there is no reason he should be as celebrated as he is.

ensett

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2uxwk4bb said:
ensett":2uxwk4bb said:
that was just a bad throw. has nothing to do with opening anything up

No offense meant, but this is stupid right here. When you open up the offense, it means take more chances, pass the ball more, try to fit it in to smaller windows. That's what happened on the pick 6, Wilson took a shot, tried to fit it in a small window after being rushed, and didn't take the sack.

That was definitely a byproduct of opening the offense up. There's a reason opening the offense up isn't really being done. It's not like when we open the offense up Wilson's gonna pass for 400 yards, get real. We are not built to open up the offense, so why do you want to?

If you're gonna call anything stupid, watch the play. He threw it way behind mccoy. It was his worst throw of the game, had nothing to do with any play calling. There is no way to defend this play

kearly

Reaction score
Before anybody rips Jimmy Johnson too hard, in the context of the comment it was more about playfully ripping Curt Menefee than the Seahawks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
kearly":1swgklfe said:
Before anybody rips Jimmy Johnson too hard, in the context of the comment it was more about playfully ripping Curt Menefee than the Seahawks.

Good point, they did give Curt props at half time.

MrMoneyShot489

Reaction score
I Wish that someone had a video copy of Jimmy Johnson's reaction to opening up the Seattle offense. It's funny reading all the posts on this topic and how wrong everyone is about how good the Seattle offense can be.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
What about dem Cowboys!

Sorry coach , they are soft and we put the pads on them. He needs to give the hawks the respect they earned

scutterhawk

Reaction score
truehawksfan":1351snf7 said:
Meh. I feel the same. The offense doesn't scare me either.
You bet!, the pretenders only got 108 points in the last two games,,It just pisses me off that Pete didn't pull out all the stops in those games, and run the score up until the opponents pissed their pants and started crying (they came close to doing the crying jag anyways)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He's now better known for this brilliant sound bite from halftime against the Cardinals:

If you're the Cardinals' head coach, you're down 38-0, you've lost eight in a row, you need to go into the locker room, look your team in the eye, and say..."You've got no shot."

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Nice retrospective. How many of you early nay-sayers are gonna show up and admit that maybe PC is a damn good coach and new just when and how to bring this offense along? I see a lot of "he should do this an that" but very little "you know, things are looking good, maybe he knew what he was doing all along."

bellingerga

Reaction score
kearly":1cfg4hzb said:

I watched it when it happened. you are just flat out wrong. It was in the context of "OOOH THEY"RE GONNA OPEN IT UP OOOO" in a way that he was implying NO ONE is scared of seattles offense, at all. It was very obvious.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
At the time, no one WAS scared of Seattle's offense. Our defense was keeping us in games and our offense was vanilla. Pete was wise to keep the training wheels on and take them off bit by bit, but it's easy to jab someone with 20-20 hindsight. At the time, his assessment of our offense was correct.