NFC West - every team with winning record

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I can't believe I am even seeing this, every team in this division has an above 500 record. Snow cones in Hades.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Lol.. We had to win just to keep our lock on last place.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• NFC West is no longer the NFC Worst it's the NFC Best
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Wenhawk wrote:NFC West is no longer the NFC Worst it's the NFC Best

Not gonna lie, I liked it better when it was the NFC worst.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• for real.....2-3 would have been a deep hole!
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• And every one of the teams in the division is in the top 10 defenses in the league. Incredible.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• The NFC West is, dare I say, one of if not the best division in football.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• and we've lost both our division games....number one on the lame list!

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• San Francisco 4-1
    Arizona 4-1
    St. Louis 3-2
    *Seattle 3-2
    ske4kix
    NET Bench Warmer

• I think it was Mike Sando's blog at espn.com that said this is the first time since the league re-aligned to 4 4-team divisions that all 4 teams in a single division have been above .500 after 5 weeks.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• ske4kix wrote:San Francisco 4-1
    Arizona 4-1
    St. Louis 3-2
    *Seattle 3-2

I didn't think it was funny. Not cool dude. You need to take a page from the BoX and 757Niner books and not be rude on our forums.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    ske4kix wrote:San Francisco 4-1
    Arizona 4-1
    St. Louis 3-2
    *Seattle 3-2

I didn't think it was funny. Not cool dude. You need to take a page from the BoX and 757Niner books and not be rude on our forums.

C'mon man at least have a sense of humor about your guys' good fortune.
    ske4kix
    NET Bench Warmer

• ske4kix wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:
    ske4kix wrote:San Francisco 4-1
    Arizona 4-1
    St. Louis 3-2
    *Seattle 3-2

C'mon man at least have a sense of humor about your guys' good fortune.

Well OK maybe it was a bit harsh. But we didn't have that good of fortune, we got screwed over by the refs as well in that game. We just happened to get some calls our way at the end, and I am not saying the TD catch, I think that was legit. There was a reason that ESPN didn't show any angles from the backend, as that was more conclusive and you could actually see the ball. But we did have something like 3 penalties in a row that were bogus that helped continue our drive.

Good win at home against the Bills today I guess.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Arizona 4-1
    St. Louis 3-2
    *Seattle 3-2

banhammer
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:Well OK maybe it was a bit harsh. But we didn't have that good of fortune, we got screwed over by the refs as well in that game. We just happened to get some calls our way at the end, and I am not saying the TD catch, I think that was legit. There was a reason that ESPN didn't show any angles from the backend, as that was more conclusive and you could actually see the ball. But we did have something like 3 penalties in a row that were bogus that helped continue our drive.

Replacement Refs made a ton of bad calls in all games period...I find it funny you're still trying to give the hard sell when the guy who made the call came out and said he was wrong.

I'll be looking forward to this division staying competitive and these division games having a bit more meaning to them.

Cheers!
    ske4kix
    NET Bench Warmer

• ske4kix wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Well OK maybe it was a bit harsh. But we didn't have that good of fortune, we got screwed over by the refs as well in that game. We just happened to get some calls our way at the end, and I am not saying the TD catch, I think that was legit. There was a reason that ESPN didn't show any angles from the backend, as that was more conclusive and you could actually see the ball. But we did have something like 3 penalties in a row that were bogus that helped continue our drive.

Replacement Refs made a ton of bad calls in all games period...I find it funny you're still trying to give the hard sell when the guy who made the call came out and said he was wrong.

I'll be looking forward to this division staying competitive and these division games having a bit more meaning to them.

Cheers!

Well I'm pretty sure he said the call was wrong on the PI on the last play, which it obviously was. And yeah I guess.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:Well I'm pretty sure he said the call was wrong on the PI on the last play, which it obviously was. And yeah I guess.

Sorry, the head ref who announced, " the ruling on the field stands." said he would have called it an interception along with another replacement ref. Either way you guys got away with one and can enjoy the good fortune.
    ske4kix
    NET Bench Warmer

Arizona 4-1
    St. Louis 3-2
    *Seattle 3-2

Oh boy here we go. Gettin nervous? 1 play and we'd be tied with your team. You realize that right?
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• ske4kix wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Well OK maybe it was a bit harsh. But we didn't have that good of fortune, we got screwed over by the refs as well in that game. We just happened to get some calls our way at the end, and I am not saying the TD catch, I think that was legit. There was a reason that ESPN didn't show any angles from the backend, as that was more conclusive and you could actually see the ball. But we did have something like 3 penalties in a row that were bogus that helped continue our drive.

Cheers!

Incorrect. None of the referees said that they were wrong. The replay referee upheld the call but he did say that he "probably would have called it an int." but what do you expect him to say? He's not going to say anything that will piss people off.

You haveno idea whether the call was right or wrong.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• SeatownJay wrote:I think it was Mike Sando's blog at espn.com that said this is the first time since the league re-aligned to 4 4-team divisions that all 4 teams in a single division have been above .500 after 5 weeks.

I think i read that too.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Best division DEFENSIVELY in football - in offense, I wouldn't say we're all that great. Funny how the swinging door of offense/defense so rarely comes at the same time. Dare I say all 4 teams must bear down and compete on defense because their offenses are so bad?
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

• ske4kix wrote:Sorry, the head ref who announced, " the ruling on the field stands." said he would have called it an interception along with another replacement ref. Either way you guys got away with one and can enjoy the good fortune.

Who gives a crap. This time next year the only ones biotching about this will be Packers fans. Or trolls wanting to get a rise out of whatever accomplishments this team makes this year. Congrats on the win. I will take the asterisk, I am sure the Steelers fans feel the same about their *XL label. Probably not.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• ivotuk wrote:Incorrect. None of the referees said that they were wrong. The replay referee upheld the call but he did say that he "probably would have called it an int." but what do you expect him to say? He's not going to say anything that will piss people off.

You haveno idea whether the call was right or wrong.

Replay officals don't have the authority/power to overturn calls, they simply help decide wether a call is eligible for review. The referee under the hood (head ref) is the one who ulitmatlely determines the call.

Is it odd that most everyone...except Hawks fans and Roger Godell think it was an interception?
    ske4kix
    NET Bench Warmer

• drdiags wrote:
    ske4kix wrote:Sorry, the head ref who announced, " the ruling on the field stands." said he would have called it an interception along with another replacement ref. Either way you guys got away with one and can enjoy the good fortune.

Who gives a crap. This time next year the only ones biotching about this will be Packers fans. Or trolls wanting to get a rise out of whatever accomplishments this team makes this year. Congrats on the win. I will take the asterisk, I am sure the Steelers fans feel the same about their *XL label. Probably not.

Meant it to be funny/light hearted, but apparently it's still a touchy subject.

No doubt take the win and run with it.
    ske4kix
    NET Bench Warmer

• You say that like it's a good thing, I'd much rather have the rest of division lose when we win :mrgreen: :49ersmall: :tardssmall: :ramssmall-2:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• We're like the SEC of the NFL. Great defense, terrible offense.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• This is the division of kings,

funny thing is, word on the street is that this is also known as the "bad boys" division. hard yards. you run cross that middle, you gon get hit and you gonna spit the dope out!

goodbye "finesse" persona.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• ske4kix wrote:
    drdiags wrote:
    ske4kix wrote:Sorry, the head ref who announced, " the ruling on the field stands." said he would have called it an interception along with another replacement ref. Either way you guys got away with one and can enjoy the good fortune.

Meant it to be funny/light hearted, but apparently it's still a touchy subject.

No doubt take the win and run with it.

No worries, ske4kix, but take a look at the whole game (or at least the second half) and notice that BOTH teams benefited from crappy calls. It's hard to say what would have ("should have") happened, but just looking at the last play -- which was, possibly, a gift to us -- is not seeing the whole picture.

I think that's what irks us Seahawk fans: that ESPN showed the LAST PLAY over and over again but failed to show any of the OTHER PLAYS that were affected by poor officiating.

That, plus the fact that that ONE CALL overshadows our dominant first-half defensive performance.
    HawkHack
    NET Rookie

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information