Did Bevell call that intentional safety?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Did Bevell call that intentional safety?
Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:12 pm
  • Lol what do you guys think of that play? That was a first.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• It was really smart. I'm sure that was a Pete Carroll call. Thats definatly a head coach type decision.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Pete called it, with a 6 point lead, kicking from the twenty (free kick( is better than the possible on a long snap.

If the game is a 5 point game, he doesn't do it.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• I think the only thing un called was the high snap ryan ran straight out of bounds
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

• It made me mad that so many people were angry at this call. It gave our pro-bowl punter a chance to prove his worth when it gave him extra space to kick the shit out of the ball. AND? He did.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• Other than the snap being high that was a great play. Even if the snap went over his head they still only get 2 points and the same free kick.

I wondered at first but when the kicker ran around a bit in the end zone and didn't go out of bounds until he was almost tackled it became clear.

Then on the replay the gunners never left the LOS, planned all all the way. If they had pulled back and not chased the kicker he could have stayed in the endzone until time ran out.

Tim Ryan was talking about it later with the Fox farting heads. I'll be interested to see how that call is treated this week.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:Other than the snap being high that was a great play. Even if the snap went over his head they still only get 2 points and the same free kick.

I wondered at first but when the kicker ran around a bit in the end zone and didn't go out of bounds until he was almost tackled it became clear.

Then on the replay the gunners never left the LOS, planned all all the way. If they had pulled back and not chased the kicker he could have stayed in the endzone until time ran out.

Tim Ryan was talking about it later with the Fox farting heads. I'll be interested to see how that call is treated this week.

If it isn't called GENIUS, it is obvious that the talking heads hate us....still.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• From Clint Greshams Twitter....
    https://twitter.com/Gresh49

"Ha ok just for the record everyone, take the safety was intentional, I was trying to snap it out of the back of the end zone."

That clears it up. Great call.
    When life slips you a Jeffery, stroke a furry wall.
    http://www.yakimamavericks.org
    Soppie
    NET Starter

• You could see Gresh on the sideline say that Ryan was supposed to move out of the way, but Ryan catching it and running around took more time off the clock. Great call!
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• Soppie wrote:From Clint Greshams Twitter....

"Ha ok just for the record everyone, take the safety was intentional, I was trying to snap it out of the back of the end zone."

LOL! Love the call
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Haha, wait what? I get that the safety was better than a short field; but they really wanted a safety? David Greene was before his time I guess?

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Soppie wrote:From Clint Greshams Twitter....

It was a standard call under the situation. Nothing brilliant, just smart, and now we learn the punter and the snapper were apparently NOT on the same page. WTF? Suddenly stupid.

The smart play was to just snap it, let the punter kill as much time as posssible, then give up the safety. The only way this gets bothched is by a bad snap. In this case, apparently they were'nt even on the same page. What if Ryan had tipped, or deflected it? Next thing you know, it's 6 for Carolina. I'd sure like to know who asked for the snap to be sailed out of the endzone...and why that person and the snapper failed to inform Ryan of this. I guess it's better to be lucky than good. This time.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• NJSeaHawk wrote:Lol what do you guys think of that play? That was a first.

It was an excellent idea, but the snap was a little too close to being a disaster.. you either want that thing to go 10 feet over Ryan's head out of the back of the end zone, or straight to him so he could run. Had Ryan dropped that crazy snap it could have been absolutely terrible.

But the idea was brilliant. More coaches should do that IMO.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• someone tell Gresham Ezell's is open till 11:00... mo betta :-)
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• Heads up play by Ryan to kill a few extra seconds regardless!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information