Did Bevell call that intentional safety?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Pete called it, with a 6 point lead, kicking from the twenty (free kick( is better than the possible on a long snap.

If the game is a 5 point game, he doesn't do it.

TLD0550

Reaction score
I think the only thing un called was the high snap ryan ran straight out of bounds

MrCarey

Reaction score
It made me mad that so many people were angry at this call. It gave our pro-bowl punter a chance to prove his worth when it gave him extra space to kick the shit out of the ball. AND? He did.

The Radish

Reaction score
Other than the snap being high that was a great play. Even if the snap went over his head they still only get 2 points and the same free kick.

I wondered at first but when the kicker ran around a bit in the end zone and didn't go out of bounds until he was almost tackled it became clear.

Then on the replay the gunners never left the LOS, planned all all the way. If they had pulled back and not chased the kicker he could have stayed in the endzone until time ran out.

Tim Ryan was talking about it later with the Fox farting heads. I'll be interested to see how that call is treated this week.

MrCarey

Reaction score
The Radish":10dxk17w said:
Other than the snap being high that was a great play. Even if the snap went over his head they still only get 2 points and the same free kick.

I wondered at first but when the kicker ran around a bit in the end zone and didn't go out of bounds until he was almost tackled it became clear.

Then on the replay the gunners never left the LOS, planned all all the way. If they had pulled back and not chased the kicker he could have stayed in the endzone until time ran out.

Tim Ryan was talking about it later with the Fox farting heads. I'll be interested to see how that call is treated this week.

If it isn't called GENIUS, it is obvious that the talking heads hate us....still.

Soppie

Reaction score
From Clint Greshams Twitter....
https://twitter.com/Gresh49

"Ha ok just for the record everyone, take the safety was intentional, I was trying to snap it out of the back of the end zone."

That clears it up. Great call.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
You could see Gresh on the sideline say that Ryan was supposed to move out of the way, but Ryan catching it and running around took more time off the clock. Great call!

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
Haha, wait what? I get that the safety was better than a short field; but they really wanted a safety? David Greene was before his time I guess?

-SH

HawkWow

Reaction score
Soppie":1a5iddpg said:
From Clint Greshams Twitter....
https://twitter.com/Gresh49

"Ha ok just for the record everyone, take the safety was intentional, I was trying to snap it out of the back of the end zone."

That clears it up. Great call.

It was a standard call under the situation. Nothing brilliant, just smart, and now we learn the punter and the snapper were apparently NOT on the same page. WTF? Suddenly stupid.

The smart play was to just snap it, let the punter kill as much time as posssible, then give up the safety. The only way this gets bothched is by a bad snap. In this case, apparently they were'nt even on the same page. What if Ryan had tipped, or deflected it? Next thing you know, it's 6 for Carolina. I'd sure like to know who asked for the snap to be sailed out of the endzone...and why that person and the snapper failed to inform Ryan of this. I guess it's better to be lucky than good. This time.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":139ttod2 said:
Lol what do you guys think of that play? That was a first.

It was an excellent idea, but the snap was a little too close to being a disaster.. you either want that thing to go 10 feet over Ryan's head out of the back of the end zone, or straight to him so he could run. Had Ryan dropped that crazy snap it could have been absolutely terrible.

But the idea was brilliant. More coaches should do that IMO.

Twisted

Reaction score
someone tell Gresham Ezell's is open till 11:00... mo betta :)