The 4 year plan

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1ml49lj9 said:
Tech Worlds":1ml49lj9 said:
I think when i go to my next job that I am just going to tell my boss from the get go that it will be 4 years before my job performance meets expectations.

Sneer all you want. The 49ers are pretty happy right now.

Hell ya they are. Coach walks in year one and wins. We may have to do something like that in the near future.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":t2w8hpbv said:
MontanaHawk05":t2w8hpbv said:
Tech Worlds":t2w8hpbv said:
I think when i go to my next job that I am just going to tell my boss from the get go that it will be 4 years before my job performance meets expectations.

Sneer all you want. The 49ers are pretty happy right now.

Hell ya they are. Coach walks in year one and wins. We may have to do something like that in the near future.

You know what I meant.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1gy8p974 said:

Well if you were rebuilding the World Trade Center or the Alaska Pipeline and told your boss you’d be done in one year, you’d probably get the same reaction as if you told an NFL GM you were going to rebuild his team in one year…

Odds are they get a nice chuckle and you don’t get the job…

By the way, now that you’ve moved from GF where are we going to have that beer at???
:thirishdrinkers:

Seeker

Reaction score
Screw four years,
this Defense is ready now
this special teams is ready now
if you want "we don't need touchdowns just don't turn it over" offense bring in #15
but Wilson is better than that if you take the reigns off.

Mick063

Reaction score
Bump....from 2012. Wilson's rookie year. The Seahawks 2-2. Fans freaking out because Flynn isn't playing.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Team's come a long way since then. I kind of hate these thread resurrections, though.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":37hsh1wo said:
I still am wondering if Pete Carroll should be on the hot seat.
He should. At least this Sunday. Gonna be gdam cold.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Kearly, this isn't fair. You gave your thoughts and they were fair. You just didn't count on our boy to actually get it in year four. Enjoy it you deserve it. Ignore the haters because I do.

themunn

Reaction score
Just re-read this thread.

Easy for me to remind myself why you're my favourite poster here Scott.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
themunn":ztodwn2s said:

I did skim. So what's up? I mean I knew he was HoF from the start like Tyler Lockett given I actually watched both in person. So please inform me given I'm not a football guru.

Being a Seahawks fan right now is eerily similar to being a Pittsburgh fan in the 1970's. Just ask my brothers. Big time drafts and more coming.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Definitely fun reading through this thread from 35k feet high on my way to Minnesota. Really entertaining and how different we all think. I was very excited for picking up Russ. I became his fan from the preseason game we played against Kansas City on the road. I was thinking finally we have someone who can throw the ball and on target with an awesome arm. Then games like against GB Pattiots the Hail Mary, the throw to Siney Rice, those were the ones that made me a solid believer in Russ. Lucky to have him, lucky to be a Seahawks fan.

themunn

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2t4f7iul said:
themunn":2t4f7iul said:

I did skim. So what's up? I mean I knew he was HoF from the start like Tyler Lockett given I actually watched both in person. So please inform me given I'm not a football guru.

Being a Seahawks fan right now is eerily similar to being a Pittsburgh fan in the 1970's. Just ask my brothers. Big time drafts and more coming.

I'm not quite sure what the question is here, but Scott's always been a great poster, and him keeping a level head and addressing everyone's concerns with great points and opinions was a perfect example.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
themunn":6ftjxgzk said:
MizzouHawkGal":6ftjxgzk said:
themunn":6ftjxgzk said:

I'm not quite sure what the question is here, but Scott's always been a great poster, and him keeping a level head and addressing everyone's concerns with great points and opinions was a perfect example.
I got you. I thought it was directed to me. Scottemojo is among the best and level headed. That's why I told you I did in fact skim. I wasn't totally sure your post was directed at me so I felt I needed to explain my position a bit.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
This thread shows it's a good thing we are not the ones in charge of the team. Even though some arguments for Flynn made sense it still would have meant we wouldn't have won a Superbowl and would probably have been pretty mediocre right now.

I wonder what 2016 thread will be revived in 2020 that sounds absolutely crazy then.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Patience is the most difficult thing is sports.

And I am not any kind of expert. But thanks for the nice words.

I will share what my thought were, and why.

I disliked Flynn as our QB intensely, even the day after his huge game for GB I said some stupid team is going to pay that guy a lot of money. I watched his Detroit game over and over and despite the numbers, saw a couple of bad habits, and posted such, and got a bit roasted by some for it. Conversely, through preseason, Russ showed a quick release and could make plays without being in the gun. After the opening loss to the Cards, I was higher than ever about the future. I was 6 rows back in the endzone where we could not score a TD to win that game, and saw Russ put an outgunned offense in position to win, then saw him give players chances to catch tds that they could not quite catch. We lost, but the tools were plain.

I now subscribe to the idea that while Flynn was brought in to compete, he also served a perfect smokescreen to pick Russell. I also gained a ton of respect for Pete, who endured a lot of second guessing for sticking with Russ the first half of that season.

Anyone remember the miserable look on Flynn's face during a postgame celebration? IIRC, he got the game ball for being in victory formation or something like that. Everyone else is happy, and he looks like a bird shit on his lip. Pete has mastered the art of subtley being a a dick to guys who don't really buy in, and that was one of those moments. I knew Flynn was gone after the year right then.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Flynn's game against Detroit was the six most overrated touchdowns in NFL history.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2kwxugng said:
Anyone remember the miserable look on Flynn's face during a postgame celebration? IIRC, he got the game ball for being in victory formation or something like that. Everyone else is happy, and he looks like a bird shit on his lip. Pete has mastered the art of subtley being a a dick to guys who don't really buy in, and that was one of those moments. I knew Flynn was gone after the year right then.

I don't remember that, but I do remember Flynn's face on the sideline at KC in the preseason. Dude knew he was totally screwed.