Chris Mortensen reports what some want to hear.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I hope he's monitoring the whole team all game to make the best decisions for the entire team all the time.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1qlktjyu said:
MrCarey":1qlktjyu said:
FlyingGreg":1qlktjyu said:
And for all you so excited to see Flynn, just remember a few things: He didn't do squat in the pre-season, has not thrown the ball much at all the last few months with his elbow, he has the same lack of true targets to throw to as Wilson does, and Bevell is still the play caller.

Anyone expecting Flynn to ride in on a white horse and throw for 300 yds is going to be very, very disappointed.

Yeah, but Russell Wilson did things in the preseason and nothing special in regular. Preseason does not matter.

I think the point is that if Wilson's regular season looks like this in comparison to his preseason, what's Flynn's regular season going to regress to when playing "for realz"?

Yeah, and I'm saying that preseason can't show you anything at all. We've seen some of the best QBs come in during preseason and look like ass, then come into the regular season and play like their normal selves. Can't use preseason to see much more than arm strength, as proven by Russell Wilson. You just don't see them playing against real defense, so you don't get a real feel for who they are and how they can manage a real game.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I hope that Pete sticks with Wilson. I've been on record stating that I believe its way too early to bench a QB. However, even though i'm one of the biggest Wilson fans on this board, if Flynn does get a chance I hope he plays amazing and proves that he should have gotten the job all along. Because 1. I love the Seahawks and I want whoever is playing QB to be great and 2. i'm incredibly sick of QB debates around here.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
If he puts Flynn in and he does great then I'll be happier than a pig in shit... but if he puts Flynn in and he sucks then then hopefully RW can use it as motivation to step his game up.

I don't care who the QB of this team is, I just want him to be good, and if I'm coach and if he's a rookie then I'm willing to let him learn which ever way we decide is best for him to learn, be it on the bench or on the field.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":35mmct7s said:
If he puts Flynn in and he does great then I'll be happier than a pig in shit... but if he puts Flynn in and he sucks then then hopefully RW can use it as motivation to step his game up.

I don't care who the QB of this team is, I just want him to be good, and if I'm coach and if he's a rookie then I'm willing to let him learn which ever way we decide is best for him to learn, be it on the bench or on the field.
Exactamundo my brotha!

We went with the rook because coach figured the rook gave us the best chance to win. But in going with a rook, you need to be prepared to struggle through some growing pains out of the gate, which we have. Best way to hammer through a rooks growing pains is to have a great d and run the rock, which we have, and that has got us to within 2 last minute drives of being 4-0.

If necessary, plug in Flynn (and if he does come in, I hope he plays well cuz I just wanna win), but I don't think its necessary quite yet. The plan is working. We just need to have some patience with the learning curve. As the rook learns how to handle certain situations (and the OC learns how to call plays that play to his strengths), those 3rd down coversions will start clicking and the W's will come.

Til then, everyone needs to take a xanax and a sip of Zima and chill...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
amill87":14ejd59b said:
Most NFL QBs are not particularly fleet of foot. Would Hass take some hits? Probably but we all know he can do a three step drop and hit a hot read.

Kurt Warner went to the Super bowl with a terrible o-line and I don't know if there is a QB in league history less mobile than him. Yes I know he is a hall of famer but the point is there are ways to beat pressure without being mobile.

Hass can't do three-step drops on every single down. Just because there are tactical ways to handle pressure doesn't mean that a statuesque QB is completely safe. And with Hass's arm on the decline, those short passes were mostly all he had, and defenses were crowding the line as a result.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2g1yh1fu said:
amill87":2g1yh1fu said:
FlyingGreg":2g1yh1fu said:
NO ... I'll give him credit if he does. I just don't think it's going to be like flicking a switch - Flynn was check down Charlie in the pre-season. He just looked....blah.
If they do switch I'll support Flynn. I just think people should temper expectations.
If Pete does do a switch, and still insists on playing his Quarterback conservatively?, I don't see the point in making any changes, other than maybe Flynn MIGHT have a better touch on his passes.
I already suspect that behind the scenes, the Quarterbacks are complaining that Carroll and Bevel are hampering the possible success that could be, by attaching the puppet strings.
I've no doubt that Flynn, and maybe even Wilson are more than likely unhappy with the hampering control, because the Seahawks just may not be where either of these guys wind up their carreers ,and some other teams will weigh their value with their performance while they're with the Seahawks organization.
Moon has all but said that these guys are being held back.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Pete needs to realise that whoever is starting cannot be scared to death to turn it over or face being blamed as the reason for defeat. Turnovers happen. Trust the QB to limit the ones we make but also trust him to make plays and don't fill his head with 'don't turn it over... don't turn it over'.

Seeker

Reaction score
If he does that to wilson after its HIS (Pete's) fault we aren't scoring then i hope we go 0 - 13 with Flynn just to see what people say then.