Chris Mortensen reports what some want to hear.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • MrCarey wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:And for all you so excited to see Flynn, just remember a few things: He didn't do squat in the pre-season, has not thrown the ball much at all the last few months with his elbow, he has the same lack of true targets to throw to as Wilson does, and Bevell is still the play caller.

    Anyone expecting Flynn to ride in on a white horse and throw for 300 yds is going to be very, very disappointed.


    Yeah, but Russell Wilson did things in the preseason and nothing special in regular. Preseason does not matter.


    I think the point is that if Wilson's regular season looks like this in comparison to his preseason, what's Flynn's regular season going to regress to when playing "for realz"?
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18179
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    MrCarey wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:And for all you so excited to see Flynn, just remember a few things: He didn't do squat in the pre-season, has not thrown the ball much at all the last few months with his elbow, he has the same lack of true targets to throw to as Wilson does, and Bevell is still the play caller.

    Anyone expecting Flynn to ride in on a white horse and throw for 300 yds is going to be very, very disappointed.


    Yeah, but Russell Wilson did things in the preseason and nothing special in regular. Preseason does not matter.


    I think the point is that if Wilson's regular season looks like this in comparison to his preseason, what's Flynn's regular season going to regress to when playing "for realz"?


    We have no idea what he will look like "for realz". Preseason means nothing. Kolb looked worse than Whitehurst in preseason and now he is doing pretty decent.
    User avatar
    amill87
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1331
    Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm


  • Source? I need more context.
    Last edited by knownone on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 797
    Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:10 pm


  • bestfightstory wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Here is a challenge for everyone so concerned about QB and want to assign all the blame on him.

    Actually watch his supporting cast today...YOU KNOW?...The people he has to depend on to keep the other team from trying to stop him.

    Start with the middle of the O-Line, then work out from there. Watch his receivers, are they coming back to the ball to help him out if he has to run, and can/will they hold onto the ball when it is thrown their way.......?



    You are the only one who has EVER done this. All those with different opinions than yours have NEVER done this because their bull's eye is trained exclusively on Wilson!

    BRILLIANT!


    Thanks and it actually is brilliant without being an ass.
    Image
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22171
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


  • I think the reality is like alot of fans think is that Pete cannot waste a season to watch a rookie QB struggle all year long especially when you paid a guy starter money that is sitting on the bench.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    User avatar
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Hasselbeck would be in the hospital right now with this team. He would have had to go through early 2011. Our pass protection has barely improved since he left. Hass needed the second best pass-blocking O-line in the league just to get back to an 18-14 TD/INT ratio. We don't need a QB who's that high-maintenance. Tarvaris Jackson got more done with similar talent level than Hass would have.


    I don't get this line of thought. Basically saying that the only way to beat pressure and make up for a bad line is to be mobile? Most NFL QBs are not particularly fleet of foot. Would Hass take some hits? Probably but we all know he can do a three step drop and hit a hot read.

    Kurt Warner went to the Super bowl with a terrible o-line and I don't know if there is a QB in league history less mobile than him. Yes I know he is a hall of famer but the point is there are ways to beat pressure without being mobile.
    User avatar
    amill87
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1331
    Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm


  • If he's monitoring 3rd downs to potentially replace his QB i hope he's also monitoring 3rd downs (specifically 3rd and shorts) to replace his coordinator.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18499
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • amill87 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Hasselbeck would be in the hospital right now with this team. He would have had to go through early 2011. Our pass protection has barely improved since he left. Hass needed the second best pass-blocking O-line in the league just to get back to an 18-14 TD/INT ratio. We don't need a QB who's that high-maintenance. Tarvaris Jackson got more done with similar talent level than Hass would have.


    I don't get this line of thought. Basically saying that the only way to beat pressure and make up for a bad line is to be mobile? Most NFL QBs are not particularly fleet of foot. Would Hass take some hits? Probably but we all know he can do a three step drop and hit a hot read.

    Kurt Warner went to the Super bowl with a terrible o-line and I don't know if there is a QB in league history less mobile than him. Yes I know he is a hall of famer but the point is there are ways to beat pressure without being mobile.



    I think the point is Hass already showed before he left he was getting killed behind this line and it was affecting his play a significant amount. You don't have to be mobile to beat pressure, but Hass at this stage of his career did not handle it well at all the last couple of years he was here.
    Happybelly
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 91
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:09 am


  • JSeahawks wrote:If he's monitoring 3rd downs to potentially replace his QB i hope he's also monitoring 3rd downs (specifically 3rd and shorts) to replace his coordinator.


    Preach brotha!
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    User avatar
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


  • Interesting.......something has got to change is we want to contend. Either Russell needs to take a big step forward, or their needs to be a QB change as much as I would hate to see it.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10852
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


  • I hope he's monitoring the whole team all game to make the best decisions for the entire team all the time.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 13970
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    MrCarey wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:And for all you so excited to see Flynn, just remember a few things: He didn't do squat in the pre-season, has not thrown the ball much at all the last few months with his elbow, he has the same lack of true targets to throw to as Wilson does, and Bevell is still the play caller.

    Anyone expecting Flynn to ride in on a white horse and throw for 300 yds is going to be very, very disappointed.


    Yeah, but Russell Wilson did things in the preseason and nothing special in regular. Preseason does not matter.


    I think the point is that if Wilson's regular season looks like this in comparison to his preseason, what's Flynn's regular season going to regress to when playing "for realz"?


    Yeah, and I'm saying that preseason can't show you anything at all. We've seen some of the best QBs come in during preseason and look like ass, then come into the regular season and play like their normal selves. Can't use preseason to see much more than arm strength, as proven by Russell Wilson. You just don't see them playing against real defense, so you don't get a real feel for who they are and how they can manage a real game.
    User avatar
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1674
    Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm


  • I hope that Pete sticks with Wilson. I've been on record stating that I believe its way too early to bench a QB. However, even though i'm one of the biggest Wilson fans on this board, if Flynn does get a chance I hope he plays amazing and proves that he should have gotten the job all along. Because 1. I love the Seahawks and I want whoever is playing QB to be great and 2. i'm incredibly sick of QB debates around here.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18499
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • If he puts Flynn in and he does great then I'll be happier than a pig in shit... but if he puts Flynn in and he sucks then then hopefully RW can use it as motivation to step his game up.

    I don't care who the QB of this team is, I just want him to be good, and if I'm coach and if he's a rookie then I'm willing to let him learn which ever way we decide is best for him to learn, be it on the bench or on the field.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 13970
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


  • Zebulon Dak wrote:If he puts Flynn in and he does great then I'll be happier than a pig in shit... but if he puts Flynn in and he sucks then then hopefully RW can use it as motivation to step his game up.

    I don't care who the QB of this team is, I just want him to be good, and if I'm coach and if he's a rookie then I'm willing to let him learn which ever way we decide is best for him to learn, be it on the bench or on the field.

    Exactamundo my brotha!

    We went with the rook because coach figured the rook gave us the best chance to win. But in going with a rook, you need to be prepared to struggle through some growing pains out of the gate, which we have. Best way to hammer through a rooks growing pains is to have a great d and run the rock, which we have, and that has got us to within 2 last minute drives of being 4-0.

    If necessary, plug in Flynn (and if he does come in, I hope he plays well cuz I just wanna win), but I don't think its necessary quite yet. The plan is working. We just need to have some patience with the learning curve. As the rook learns how to handle certain situations (and the OC learns how to call plays that play to his strengths), those 3rd down coversions will start clicking and the W's will come.

    Til then, everyone needs to take a xanax and a sip of Zima and chill...
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11193
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • amill87 wrote:Most NFL QBs are not particularly fleet of foot. Would Hass take some hits? Probably but we all know he can do a three step drop and hit a hot read.

    Kurt Warner went to the Super bowl with a terrible o-line and I don't know if there is a QB in league history less mobile than him. Yes I know he is a hall of famer but the point is there are ways to beat pressure without being mobile.


    Hass can't do three-step drops on every single down. Just because there are tactical ways to handle pressure doesn't mean that a statuesque QB is completely safe. And with Hass's arm on the decline, those short passes were mostly all he had, and defenses were crowding the line as a result.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11234
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    amill87 wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:NO ... I'll give him credit if he does. I just don't think it's going to be like flicking a switch - Flynn was check down Charlie in the pre-season. He just looked....blah.
    If they do switch I'll support Flynn. I just think people should temper expectations.

    If Pete does do a switch, and still insists on playing his Quarterback conservatively?, I don't see the point in making any changes, other than maybe Flynn MIGHT have a better touch on his passes.
    I already suspect that behind the scenes, the Quarterbacks are complaining that Carroll and Bevel are hampering the possible success that could be, by attaching the puppet strings.
    I've no doubt that Flynn, and maybe even Wilson are more than likely unhappy with the hampering control, because the Seahawks just may not be where either of these guys wind up their carreers ,and some other teams will weigh their value with their performance while they're with the Seahawks organization.
    Moon has all but said that these guys are being held back.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3377
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • Pete needs to realise that whoever is starting cannot be scared to death to turn it over or face being blamed as the reason for defeat. Turnovers happen. Trust the QB to limit the ones we make but also trust him to make plays and don't fill his head with 'don't turn it over... don't turn it over'.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7926
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


  • If he does that to wilson after its HIS (Pete's) fault we aren't scoring then i hope we go 0 - 13 with Flynn just to see what people say then.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    User avatar
    Seeker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1343
    Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm


Previous


It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online