Regarding Seahawks.net DONATE&HELP Update: $3000 total!!!

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
I have been coming to site for years as well, and since I found decent employment I will be putting in a donation this year as well.

Marked on my calendar. Again, thank you mods for keeping this site up an running.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Ok, where's the ticker. I donated and I'd like to see the totals so I know if I need to donate more. It'd be nice to have a little celebration once we know the total has been met! :229031_thewave:

Long Live .NET!!!

A

Anonymous

At present, I'm in the midst of finishing the new shop and am virtually penniless. Every red cent I make is paying for new vehicle lifts, shop and safety equipment, garage insurance payments, (et. al.). Trust me, If I had it, I would donate, post haste. In fact, I had to write a $10,700.00 check yesterday to cover my portion of the general contractor's fee.

Come this time next month, I will make a donation that should make significant progress toward the goal or if already met, should give you a head start on the next one. If a dude that owes me pays sooner than I expect, I'll make it happen.

schkoot

Reaction score
I am not really sure about when a .net becomes a .com, but here is a suggestion that I've seen work on a site where I have just short of 20,000 posts.

The first thing I would do to this site is to make things like avatars/forum searches/thread posts only available to donating "team members." While I appreciate having these options here, and I do love that this site exists, I don't think that it would be unreasonable to ask those of us who use these features to cough up a little dough--say like maybe ~$25--for a basic membership. I would also have "restricted access" forums like a "First string board" or something.

As for ME, I do plan on donating to this site...as soon as I finally get my post 9/11 GI bill BAH stipend (which may be a loooooong time). Until then, the single income here at my place goes towards taking care of my kids.

Until then, I just want to say THANK YOU for this awesome site. I do pledge to donate some $$$ as soon as it becomes available, and would happily buy a team membership if the plan I suggested were actually implemented.

drdiags

Reaction score
Just made a donation but as I think Volsung pointed out, the donation tally doesn't seem to update. Maybe once Rock accepts payment? Anyway, if it is possible to get the latest donation levels displayed that would be useful, in case one wants to donate again later if we are missing on making the goal?

pehawk

Reaction score
I did see an auction idea floated before the board had to be restored. I also think a cool idea would be meeting at a local dive, reserve a few tables, and everyone kickdown $20 bucks. Good cause, good oppurtunity to meet cool people. Ill auction a free punch to my midsection, whatever it takes.

Ya know, I've been living relatively okay off severance, but not enough to donate. Well, not being able to donate has me debating working. That sounds oddly horrible, but, its truth.

Whatever it takes.

endzorn

Reaction score
drdiags":99fc0vwi said:
Just made a donation but as I think Volsung pointed out, the donation tally doesn't seem to update. Maybe once Rock accepts payment? Anyway, if it is possible to get the latest donation levels displayed that would be useful, in case one wants to donate again later if we are missing on making the goal?

I donated a couple nights ago and it appears everything went through, but an update on the total would be nice so I know if I need to kick in some more.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
The update feature had stopped working and since panic has been the norm the last week Mark hasn't gotten it all updated yet.

My understanding is he is working on it. I think he might be gone for the weekend with his trailer. As I recall they had plans and reservations made weeks ago.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

UPDATE: We've more than met our yearly goal now! You've unbelievably donated over $1,000 in the past week. Wow, and thank you to everyone!

And Les is exactly right; sorry for the delay in the amounts showing up, but I had posted most of them 2 nights ago, and then we lost the data and I have to start all over again. We're camping up a mountain near Mt Rainier so no internet (I'm sending this via phone when I found a small signal). I'll try to get it posted up and your status updated by Monday.

Again, thank you all. This will get us moving on the newer, bigger, and better hosting situation right away. Thank you again.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
RockHawk":1y0p4914 said:
Hey everyone!

UPDATE: We've more than met our yearly goal now! You've unbelievably donated over $1,000 in the past week. Wow, and thank you to everyone!

And Les is exactly right; sorry for the delay in the amounts showing up, but I had posted most of them 2 nights ago, and then we lost the data and I have to start all over again. We're camping up a mountain near Mt Rainier so no internet (I'm sending this via phone when I found a small signal). I'll try to get it posted up and your status updated by Monday.

Again, thank you all. This will get us moving on the newer, bigger, and better hosting situation right away. Thank you again.

Awesome! Thanks to everybody who donated!

RockHawk

Reaction score
Oh, and indeed the auto-update feature stopped working a year or so ago, and Neal has been a bit busy to fix it so I've had to manually enter each one in.

Total donated to date: $2,623.00

In 2013, we'll need to up the goal amount to cover the new expenses (probably around $3500) so keep that in mind when looking to help out next year.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
RockHawk":1jjm2677 said:
Oh, and indeed the auto-update feature stopped working a year or so ago, and Neal has been a bit busy to fix it so I've had to manually enter each one in.

Total donated to date: $2,623.00

In 2013, we'll need to up the goal amount to cover the new expenses (probably around $3500) so keep that in mind when looking to help out next year.

So we hit the goal for the year? Woohooo!!!

$3500 should be no sweat. I'm not scared.

grizbob

Reaction score
:thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs: :229031_thewave: :229031_victory: :fam: :happydrunks: :icon_jig: :retard_clap: :spaz: :thumbup: :180670:

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
And that doesn't even cover several that are waiting for Mark's address to send money orders, checks etc. Glad we can get switched over now.

THANKS A LOT FROM US TO ALL OF YOU!

:th2thumbs:

schkoot

Reaction score
RockHawk":2d0cwxlo said:
Hey everyone!

I will still kick in some $$$ when it becomes possible! This is a great site--it's the least I can do. :D

sutz

Reaction score
I know you don't like to ask for money, but I think that when the Amazon deal kicked in, many people might have assumed that would be enough and the idea of donating may have slipped their minds.

These reminders should pop up periodically, enough to nudge people to send some financial help, but not enough to be annoying, if you get my drift.

As evidenced recently, this is actually a pretty generous community overall and most are willing to give and keep the site running for those less fortunate as well as for themselves. Personally, I need to Gibbs-slap myself from time to time to remind myself what is really important, like Seahawks football and friends.

:th2thumbs:

HAWKNUTZ

Reaction score
schkoot":27yap4ui said:
RockHawk":27yap4ui said:
Hey everyone!

I will still kick in some $$$ when it becomes possible! This is a great site--it's the least I can do. :D

Speakin of which, I sent a pm over a week ago asking for the address and have yet to recieve a response. Still looking to donate :th2thumbs:

Latest posts