So, how are we all doing?

sutz

Reaction score
With the first quarter in the books, I though I'd take a look at my predictions in the archive forum.

Im a little off so far. I predicted 3-1 by now:

My guesses

1 Sun, Sep 9 @ Arizona Cardinals W
2 Sun, Sep 16 vs Dallas Cowboys W
3 Mon, Sep 24 vs Green Bay Packers L
4 Sun, Sep 30 @ St. Louis Rams W

I'm not convinced my predictions were that far off, but reality says I guessed wrong. Especially, our division foes are tougher than I thought and the team road woes are continuing. I thought maybe we would travel better this year than we have so far.

Can we beat Caroliina?

drdiags

Reaction score
I am doing opposite of what I predicted. Which is good since I have the team losing 3 out of the next 4, with the only win being the Panthers.

1 Sun, Sep 9 @ Arizona Cardinals - W
2 Sun, Sep 16 vs Dallas Cowboys - L
3 Mon, Sep 24 vs Green Bay Packers - L
4 Sun, Sep 30 @ St. Louis Rams - W

5 Sun, Oct 7 @ Carolina Panthers - W
6 Sun, Oct 14 vs New England Patriots - L
7 Thu, Oct 18 @ San Francisco 49ers - L
8 Sun, Oct 28 @ Detroit Lions - L

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I think the Panthers are beatable, but I thought we'd shutout the Rams.
I think we beat NE at home.
Niners beat us on a short week at their place
Detroit doesn't seem that good anymore. I think we beat those guys.

That comes to 3-1, but my gut says 2-2.

And I'd be really happy with 2-2.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Honestly, I was concerned and thought with a rookie starting we'd be 1-3 defeating only the Rams. Very happy to be wrong, especially if it comes down to wild card tie breakers with wins over Dallas and Green Bay.

Given what I've seen, I don't know what to think, but would be happy with 2-2 over the next four games. I'd assume that would come with wins over the Panthers and Lions, losing to NE at home and the 49ers on the road.

With the way the schedule is set up 4-4 in the first half could easily lead to 6-2 in the second half of the season... 10-6 should get us in.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If we want to be a "serious Playoff contender"....then we need to have a 3-1 result in the next four games. Remember fans, we are at the bottom of the pile right now! Should we lose to Carolina and New England....we can "kiss our ass good-bye".

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
3-1 sounds right. Lose to the Packers at home and beat everybody else so far.

Damn it.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I NEVER assume defeat at home in Seattle. To anyone. It's bullshit if you do, and I know there are a lot of you who do. I hope you NEVER attend home games cuz we are better off without you.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bestfightstory":2jtzqn8i said:
I NEVER assume defeat at home in Seattle. To anyone. It's bullshit if you do, and I know there are a lot of you who do. I hope you NEVER attend home games cuz we are better off without you.

All stats and trends go out the window when the game's in Seattle.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Strong words there my friend. I live and breathe this team as much as the next person but this is the Seattle Seahawks man. I've watched this team since 1976 and trust me, I may not assume defeat at home but watching 36 years of Seattle Seahawks football has proven to me that they are very much capable of losing at home. Not nearly as much as they do on the road but let's at least be somewhat honest here.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
^Ive got an attitude this year, Todd, and I'm not afraid to share it. This team is solid enough all the way through the roster to expect an NFC Championship game appearance. Minimum. I KNOW that to be true and I'm just gonna be the asshole who accepts nothing less than success this year.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2bl6jgqf said:
^Ive got an attitude this year, Todd, and I'm not afraid to share it. This team is solid enough all the way through the roster to expect an NFC Championship game appearance. Minimum. I KNOW that to be true and I'm just gonna be the asshole who accepts nothing less than success this year.

In order to make that happen.....we just need to play like that first drive last week in St. Louis! :th2thumbs:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
bestfightstory":1ein8ahq said:

I feel ya Brother. Expectations and reality don't always make good bedfellows. But I love and respect the Warrior Mentality.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
bestfightstory":14gbxdc0 said:

I see what you did right there.