lol...a commercial says it all...

Twisted

Reaction score
yea, many have been saying this since week one, everything appears to be a mystery with this team and I honestly think thats whats dividing fans..

someone from the team needs to release a statement or something regarding the current direction and philosophy of this team regarding the QB and why the offense is stalling, fans deserve this much!

this is nothing more than the political BS you would expect from politicians, no one is stepping up and saying this is why this is and thats why there is so much speculation, controversy and division, which by the way is a great recipe for losing fans, how many GB fans were at the game Monday?

someone needs to pull this in

Twisted

Reaction score
questions that need to be answered

1. whats the direction of the offense?

2. is this a building year?

3. is RW performing the duties assigned to him? (is he not finding open receivers etc.) if not what are his weaknesses? what are his strengths? what are his goals?

4. what are his capabilities decision wise? who calls the shots?

these answers need to come from staff, not fans, media or so called analysts and experts, they need to come from those that actually allocate duties and call the shots..

many teams press up whats going on with the team in these regards, they profile individual player progress and team progress some even offer up projections, (where they want to be), no ones doing that here, all we get are kudos when they win and excuses when they lose, not healthy.

OP
OP
samwize77

samwize77

Reaction score
In all due respect Twisted.....the only person PC needs to answer to is Paul Allen...not the fans..not the media....and not you or me. If you wish to show your unhappiness with the situation, don't go to the games, don't watch them on tv, don't buy the gear. Thats the best way to get their attention. Empty seats and low ratings.

Twisted

Reaction score
samwize77":279evp2x said:
the only person PC needs to answer to is Paul Allen...not the fans..

really?

I have to strongly disagree, if thats his attitude then no wonder they find themselves in this position?

take away the fans you take away the Seahawks, I don't think even PC is pretentious enough to think he doesn't have to answer to fans, without fans there would be no NFL, just look at the UFL, XFL, WFL or USFL.

fans are what drives this league, not egos, owners, coaches or players, don't insult our intelligence by insinuating we don't know this.. :cry:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
samwize77":38vvh5ro said:
In all due respect Twisted.....the only person PC needs to answer to is Paul Allen...not the fans..not the media....and not you or me. If you wish to show your unhappiness with the situation, don't go to the games, don't watch them on tv, don't buy the gear. Thats the best way to get their attention. Empty seats and low ratings.

This is why we are Seattle. There is an attitude that needs to be adjusted. Demand more. Be vocal. Don't just put up with the same crap. Thru radio, tv, newspaper, email, letters,... Be vocal and express displeasure. They owe us, the 12th man, a top notch product. If we feel we aren't getting it we need to grill these guys to hell and back.

We have wallowed in mediocrity for 35 years. Enough already.

OP
OP
samwize77

samwize77

Reaction score
So fire him Mr Fan...see how far that gets you. Or call him up and demand answers.....
Naw, my guess you'd get better results by not going to games...or watching the games (ads) on tv.....thats how the fans speak
Mora wasn't long for this team because Mr Allen wasn't happy with what was going on....not you. Sorry to burst your bubble
If everyone on this site....and every media talking head wanted PC fired....he wouldn't be going anywhere...unless Paul wanted him gone also. How can you possibly think otherwise?

MrCarey

Reaction score
With this offense, if you have a question about a playcall, hand the ball to Lynch. Oh, Lynch just ran a 40 yarder before being tackled? Hand the ball to Turbin for one or MAYBE 2 plays. Then, hand the ball to Lynch. Next, hand the ball to Lynch.

Twisted

Reaction score
samwize77":14wt6qo4 said:
So fire him Mr Fan...see how far that gets you. Or call him up and demand answers.....
Naw, my guess you'd get better results by not going to games...or watching the games (ads) on tv.....thats how the fans speak
Mora wasn't long for this team because Mr Allen wasn't happy with what was going on....not you. Sorry to burst your bubble
If everyone on this site....and every media talking head wanted PC fired....he wouldn't be going anywhere...unless Paul wanted him gone also. How can you possibly think otherwise?

fire who?

lol, if Allen wasn't happy, nor was I, sorry to burst YOUR bubble, and btw mines fully in tact.. :?

how did this turn into someone getting fired as apposed to being honest with fans and saying whats really going on with this team and why?

people want to know, is RW doing his job? fans cant tell because NO ONE is telling the fans what RWs job is..

all we have is dark secrecy, I have to say I haven't seen anything like it in the NFL for a long time, we weren't even told why Matt was released?

but go ahead and keep us fans in the dark, there is an element that, you, Allen, PC or fans can alter with their egos alone, its called Karma... ;)

give the fans what they want and they will give you want you want..

I'm wondering if this entire issue isn't simply due to mentalities like yours? keeping everyone in the dark and having fun with all the disrespect and name calling.. ;)

good grief I hope you're not in the PR department :shock:

OP
OP
samwize77

samwize77

Reaction score
Dude...all I'm saying, is, in the end, they don't have to answer your questions. What is so terribly wrong anyhow that answers should be worth coming? Is this franchise in a total state of disarray? It seems to me we just beat Green Bay, Dallas, and lost 2 games, 1 to a team thats 4-0, and another team thats 2-2 and we lost on the last drive of the game.....hmmmmm...doesn't seem so bad.

They have told the fans what RW's role is...ball control and security....simple, no frills (my words of course)...but thats the jest of it.

Matt wasn't released. He walked because he didn't like the contract offered.....I thought that was common knowledge....

OP
OP
samwize77

samwize77

Reaction score
And Dom...as much as I enjoy your posts...and I do..believe it......isn't what we are seeing now an answer to the demands from the year of "Mora"? These things don't happen overnight...all the fist pounding, name calling and finger pointing at the organization won't make it happen any faster.
You're a loyal fan...I get it. Having a great team in Seattle again is overdue....I get it. What do you expect them to do? Draft better? Better free agent signings? More disciplined play (for sure)? Start firing people?...if bevell calls 2 games in a row that suck...fire him...and if the next guy does the same fire him too?....I can take criticism of the team...but when nothing is offered up as an answer...then after awhile its just words. Sort sounds like a child going "I want I want I want". Now if you suggest hitting Breno over the head with a 2x4 until he gets it and we don't see anymore PF calls...then I can get behind that 100%.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
hidn":qw73b9lc said:
I'm going to go ahead and put my 2 cents on record so that I can bitch about it later when it doesn't happen.

Wilson needs to be given the ability to check/audible the play based on what he is seeing. I cant name a single time where I have seen RW kill from a run to a pass, or visa versa. To me, this means he has not been given the capability. Why haven't we seen route adjustment communications when obvious blitz's are coming? Why haven't we seen him audible away from a run when they put 8, yes 8, men in the box? This is what I think PC is saying when he says he hasn't opened things up for him. He hasn't given him full control of the offense when he is on the field. He runs the play that's called regardless of how the defense lines up.

The offensive play calling is completely asinine. To start, why would you consistently take your shots on first and third down? So that way you have a high chance of 2nd and 10 or 4th? No, you take your shots on 2nd and 2 or 2nd and 3 when you were successful on first down. That way, if you fail to get decent yardage on first down you still have second and third to make up for it. I'm not saying you shouldn't ever take a shot on first down, but it should not be your offensive philosophy. It puts a ton of pressure on the offense to execute perfectly 2 plays in a row for no real reason. Coincidentally this shows up as a low third down percentage!

Right now, our passing game is incredibly slow to develop. Our receivers aren't breaking into soft spots of zones until around 3 seconds into the play. That puts a MASSIVE amount of pressure on our offensive line to perform. Even the check downs are chipping before dumping out! If any one of our linemen get beat or they blitz us like crazy, there is NOWHERE for Wilson to go. Even if he sees it in his pre-snap, he cant change the play (previous assumption). We absolutely must start incorporating faster developing passing plays to calm that blitz down and slow the rush. Then move into the longer developing deeper option routes that we can get big plays on. Specifically I would like to see quick slants and slot outs incorporated into our offensive bread and butter.

In summary, what I'm saying is: Give Wilson a chance to be effective by putting the offense in winnable situations, give him a chance to take advantage of defensive looks and add plays that account for any deficiencies we may or may not have on the offensive line.

Truth.
I dont get why It's so hard to attempt play-action on 2nd and short after a good run on first down. You can even rollout your qb in 2nd and short when the defense is in run blitz mode. If you cant script an offensive possession try calling in two plays or a set to quicken the tempo. It would be easy to find quick hitting plays to follow such a good run game.