A House divided: Seattle Seahawks

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
A House divided: Seattle Seahawks
Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:42 am

Re: A House divided: Seattle Seahawks
Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 am
  • Agree'd. But only if all Flynn fans swear their undying loyalty to Wilson first. Otherwise... :box:
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:02 am
  • "Can't we all just get along".
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:04 am
  • Talk about bait and switch.

It should say Seattle Seahawks fans, a house divided.

:141847_bnono:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:43 am
  • All we are saying.....................................
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:22 am
  • I feel like we need to string enough wins together to make the playoffs, then looout! I expect us to be on a 4-5 game winning streak when the playoffs hit, and then we roll em over to get to the big dance...in stride...hand in hand. go 12! go hawks!
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:40 am
  • lukerguy wrote:http://seattle.sbnation.com/2012/10/2/3443568/seattle-seahawks-a-house-divided

Scott is absolutely on point. Let's unite rather than proportioning blame, and pointing fingers. Read the article- let's choose to stand united, rather than divided. We're better than this.

We all we got, we all we need.

peace.

LW

I'm disappointed as hell that we didn't take care of buisness in the St L. Rams game, but I ain't slitting my wrist or throwing in with a lynch mob (except maybe the Marshawn LYNCH mob that is).
    Just don't need someone telling me that I need to just get over the bad feeling about that loss ,and to plant a smile on my face, and "Bundle"
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:44 am
  • I hope people actually read this article and take something from it.

People don't need to be hateful and personally insulting towards players, coaches, other fans. You can be passionate, and you can have differing opinions without attacking people.

And this whole going on twitter to attack players: Absolutely pathetic. If any of you do that, you need to get a grip on reality and get a damn life.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:15 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:http://seattle.sbnation.com/2012/10/2/3443568/seattle-seahawks-a-house-divided

Scott is absolutely on point. Let's unite rather than proportioning blame, and pointing fingers. Read the article- let's choose to stand united, rather than divided. We're better than this.

We all we got, we all we need.

peace.

LW

Just don't need someone telling me that I need to just get over the bad feeling about that loss ,and to plant a smile on my face, and "Bundle"

No one is telling you that you need to do this. Not me, not this article. No one is telling you you can be upset with the game- if you saw me watching it (my wife can attest), you would know that I had the furthest thing from a smile on my face.

The article talks about unity in struggle. I think that we should be able to disagree with who is the starting QB, or who's fault it is while maintaining courtesy, civility, and completely overreacting.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:16 pm
  • So we get a tree fort with this club of belonging? j/k

:lol:
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:19 pm
  • LymonHawk wrote:All we are saying.....................................

................is give peace a chance.
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:37 pm
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    LymonHawk wrote:All we are saying.....................................

................is give peace a chance.

All us old guys got that one right away.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:49 pm
  • Amen my brotha! :th2thumbs:

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:23 pm
  • bellingerga wrote:I hope people actually read this article and take something from it.

People don't need to be hateful and personally insulting towards players, coaches, other fans. You can be passionate, and you can have differing opinions without attacking people.

And this whole going on twitter to attack players: Absolutely pathetic. If any of you do that, you need to get a grip on reality and get a damn life.

Agreed. I've looked forward to seeing Flynn at the helm since he became a free agent. I had even hoped for a sign and trade from GB to assure us of getting him. I like Wilson (who couldn't?) but I want to see what Flynn can do. I've backed this team in rediculous, sometimes humiliating fashion since the team's beginning. Because I expressed, in another thread, that I wanted to see if Flynn could get us some pts, I was attacked by some yoyo who called me a "pretend fan" and "a troll". Granted, the guy probably had like a room temperature IQ, but why should us SEAHAWK fans be bashed for wanting our SEAHAWKS to win football games?

I emphasize the word SEAHAWK ..because I am a fan of the team moreso than any single player. Having to defend a well thought out opinion against apparent groupies is something one would expect in a Philly forum, but not here. We are supposed to be a smarter fan base in Seattle.

If I were a player, I wouldn't even have these Twitter accounts. Why put yourself through random attacks from random idiots? Plus, a quantity of these players lack the social skills necessary to speak to 100 million people at the push of a button. Things get said in the heat, or excitement, of a moment that could end people's careers. Other than the "hey, I have 123,000 followers", are there other benefits to having such an account? I honestly don't know. Can you get like a free banana muffin with your starbucks if you have more than 100,000 followers, or is pretty much just an ego thing?
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:28 pm
  • bellingerga wrote:
    People don't need to be hateful and personally insulting towards players, coaches, other fans.

Somebody should send this to W. Moon btw
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:02 pm
  • Win forever baby!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:20 pm
  • We may be "divided" on opinion of who should play quarterback.. if our wide receivers stink.. the coaching.. etc.

But I think as a Seahawk fan we all want the same thing - the Super Bowl title that we came so close to getting in 2005-06.

With that, the fan base is very much united. We just want to win.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 pm
  • CAN'T YOU SEE THAT THIS FIGHTING IS TEARING THIS FAMILY APART! :180670:

Naw, but really, it's more like a marriage between fans. A fanship! You Jackson supporters piss me off sometimes, but I still love ya cus you still love the Hawks.

You Wilson haters are a pain in the [expletive] sometimes, but we both love Beastmode so it's all good.

You guys who are saying that our offense will never kickstart unless we put Flynn in need to go rethink your lives and understanding of football, but you get your rocks off on the D, just like me.

They're just opinions, mine isn't any better than Jacksonfans (well, actually.... :P), but we're always united in our Hawk passion. It's not like we're 9er or Raider fans. :stirthepot:
    Spectre
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:12 pm
  • I think the nature of the only-16 game season ramps up the significance and emotional intensity for each game. In the longer season of other sports, a few losses are insignificant. So is a player's subpar performance for a stretch of games. A coach or manager can usually rest a player, drop him in the order, or make other roster adjustments to help a player get his groove back. Benching a player in the NFL is a more serious move . Benching a veteran does not impact his confidence as it might affect a rookie, so fans don't always consider the options that Pete may or may not have available to him. This is why I thought it best that Pete start the veteran Flynn, and relieve with Wilson if necessary. A veteran should be more understanding of being replaced if he is not effective. A rookie might have his confidence trashed. I don't know how Pete prepared Wilson for the possibility of being replaced by Flynn if Pete though Wilson needed a break from the hellhole. But I do think the Wilson vs. Flynn controversy is more of a referendum on Good Pete vs. Bad Pete decisions - and fans should discuss that more directly. Losing games that fans think were winnable but for the choice of QB will cause friction all season.
    Hawkfeathers
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information