Interesting - from Hawkblogger

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:01 pm
  • Ha! The shock was about the decision, not the player. Lots of assumptions were made about why I was so angry. Unfortunately, it's not something I can share, but next time I will avoid venting publicly. Lesson learned.
    hawkblogger
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:25 am


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:07 pm
  • Lol someone REALLY posted Hugh Millen audio?

    The same guy where if hasselbeck threw a pick it was the receivers fault 100% of the time? Same dude who thought the world of Jim Mora? FOH

    edited, autocorrect can die
    Last edited by Throwdown on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19156
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:12 pm
  • Ya, the way the whole thing came down seemed awful sudden...but Wilson put up the numbers in G3 that were hard to dispute. What I don't get is it seemed that Flynn was clearly the front runner coming out of camp, and all the sudden the decision after the hot game. I wonder still how much was "injury" related. Is there any way to know the scoring of the competition, and who was leading what and when, and how close they were?

    Interested in just how this worked.
    "Improvement" can come from who you play-
    User avatar
    Verndog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1590
    Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:54 pm
    Location: Auburn, Wa


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:36 pm
  • Great discussion. I think both sides are right. Wilson is missing reads, but even great QBs miss reads all the time, so it's hard to tell exactly how good/bad Wilson is in this regard. I also think it's accurate to say that our WRs are not abysmal. Separation is not the main culprit, and fairly often our receivers are wide open and not targeted.

    I also think that this particular Hawkblogger post was not trying to push agenda of any kind. I for one am thankful for the extra information.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11044
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:46 pm
  • Just listened to Hugh Millens take on Wilson. Thank you for posting it for the rest of us to enjoy. I don't like that way some here are attacking Millen because he is down on WIlson. The guy made sense, i used game rewind to watch everything he was talking about and this guy was spot on. For example, everyone is truly saying that 3rd int was not Wilson's fault. Watch the damn tape. Baldwin was open over the middle for an easy first down. Wilson went to the TE and we all know how that turned out. Wilson made the wrong read. It may be he couldn't even see Baldwin. So that is a major issue. Had it been Flynn in that game he would have hit Baldwin for the first down. I know this because i watched him play the Lions last yr and he made that exact over the middle throw. The problem here is that everyone is in love with WIlson. Even Millen uses him to motive his own children. Everyone loves the kid, but it is looking more and more likely with every game he plays that his size is a much bigger issue then anyone wants to admit. We need to accept the fact that this kid is probably the next Seneca Wallace and move on with Flynn. This team is ripe for a winning season now. Top Defense, Top running game. We have wr's who ARE getting open as the tapes show. That was why we where all so pissed at Tjack, the guy couldn't get the ball to the wr's even when they where open. Now we go get one who can in Flynn and we are trying to make some kind if miracle happen. It isn't going to end well. It is a fairytale ending everyone is looking for that can't happen. It isn't Wilson's fault he can't see the field of play in front of him. It is what it is and it is time we move on with Flynn. At least give Flynn a shot. I will tell you this. The next time we are losing a game and Wilson has 2+ int's (which will happen many times this yr) we need to put in Flynn and see how well he moves the chains. I said it before, i will say it again. Flynn had more yards, T'd and less Int's in one game last year then Wilson has in 4 games. Why some are down on Flynn is a mystery to me. Also stop bring up the pre-season. What a joke that was, they give Flynn no one to throw to but that loser TO who dropped everything thrown his way over 2 games. That is not a fair accessment of Flynn's ability. WHile at the same time everyone went crazy over what WIlson did. Yet Wilson did it against 3rd and 4th string players. The KC games a was a fluck. It will always be that until he can repeat it in realtime, real games that count.
    Steve Largent is greatest Seahawk WR of all time
    User avatar
    xCalibur
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 196
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:29 pm
    Location: Santa Barbara


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:50 pm
  • any discrepancies towards Wilson must come from the top, not the media, experts, or blogs, only they know exactly what Wilson was supposed to do at any given moment, anything else is pure speculation
    GO HAWKS!!!
    User avatar
    Twisted
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:55 pm
  • I would rather listen to a Hall of Fame QB.. Bottom line.. Not sure how to put this but bluntly... Wilson is the best QB on the roster. That HAS been established by the coaches (not just pete). He won the competition. So we can live in fantasy land and cheer for Flynn (ala Charlie Whitehurst) or get behind our starting QB. Sorry to put it so bluntly but this is getting ridiculous. Hawksblogger, hogbloger i don't care. Listen to Warren Moon.. He is with the team on daily basis and he seen both and clearly Wilson is THE man for this team. Hasselbeck was clearly the MAN but it took awhile so untie your panties and get a grip.. lol
    end of rant..

    BTW Millen is a hack.. He was saying Flynn had the release of Dan Marino in the preseason. Come on really? how could you say that with a straight face. Miami passed on Flynn. Nothing against Flynn but he is what he is.. a very nice back up. Millan is trying to save face now.
    redeye81
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1239
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
    Location: Boise


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:35 am
  • kmedic wrote:Take a listen to Hugh Millen break down the last interception when McCoy slipped while looking at the stills that Hawkblogger provides. Everyone has been saying it wasn't Wilson's fault that McCoy slipped and he didn't deserve the INT but after listening to this breakdown and looking at the stills, Wilson clearly made the wrong read and throw. Baldwin was WIDE OPEN down the middle!!

    http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/10/3/344 ... arren-moon

    I'm willing to endure Wilson for a few more games but if he continues to make level 101 mistakes like these that lead to bad losses like last week then I really think we need to get Flynn in there.


    Something Hugh Millen said was very interesting. He was quoting Drew Brees who told people in New Orleans:

    "Don't give me a hard time about guys being wide open, I'm going through my progressions. But the wide receivers have to be precise and in the right position at the correct time.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 8478
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:48 am
  • ivotuk wrote:
    kmedic wrote:Take a listen to Hugh Millen break down the last interception when McCoy slipped while looking at the stills that Hawkblogger provides. Everyone has been saying it wasn't Wilson's fault that McCoy slipped and he didn't deserve the INT but after listening to this breakdown and looking at the stills, Wilson clearly made the wrong read and throw. Baldwin was WIDE OPEN down the middle!!

    http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/10/3/344 ... arren-moon

    I'm willing to endure Wilson for a few more games but if he continues to make level 101 mistakes like these that lead to bad losses like last week then I really think we need to get Flynn in there.


    Something Hugh Millen said was very interesting. He was quoting Drew Brees who told people in New Orleans:

    "Don't give me a hard time about guys being wide open, I'm going through my progressions. But the wide receivers have to be precise and in the right position at the correct time.


    A very important point - if getting open was all that mattered, you would just tell WRs to go out and "get into space" and let the QB find them. Instead, they run plays which rely on the QB and WR being on the same page at all times, the WR might be wide open 6 seconds into the play, but if he was supposed to be wide open 4 seconds into the play and wasn't, then the QB is going to move onto his next read.
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2460
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:08 am
  • Brees also said it needs to be perfect in every fashion. That is something that is extremely difficult to learn so add that to the rookie learning curve and you have a recipe for disaster. It is exactly why many here and everywhere else waned to let Wilson acclimate part of the game from the bench. Learn to read defenses and gain chemistry over time with his receivers.

    Millen makes an excellent point about how difficult Brees job is and why we should expect significant time for that type of play.

    I believe Wilson can get there but it won't be for several years and in the mean time we are throwing games away waiting. This team is ready now with the exception of QB. I don't want to see us blow our window waiting for the possibility that Wilson will become the next Brees when everything we have seen so far say's it may not even happen.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3024
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:17 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:You mean like the way you did Hasselbeck?

    Yeah I guess hypocritical works better when it serves your agenda.



    I only ever argued that we shouldn't re-sign Hasselbeck, so I guess it actually works better to make things up when it serves your agenda.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8004
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:35 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:I feel with Wilson his main problem is his stature in this regard. I noticed he has trouble seeing the middle of the field, and a few other areas depending on where he is in the pocket. This is something that can be migated, but only by one thing, and that is pocket presence. I would say 80% of Drew Brees's successs comes from his ability to manipulate the pocket. He is always aware of where the pass rushers, and where his blockers are. He uses this knowledge to not only clear defenders, but read defenses, and if you notice he is always moving around the pocket, but in subtle ways. If Wilson wants to be succesful in the NFL this is the only way he will do it.


    Umm, nope. Brees will admit he cant see 50% of what's going on. His receivers know this and run to spots, like spots within a few inches.



    exactly, everyone working together, aka team work, breeze also gets plenty of protection and thats something you cant say about Seattle's QB..

    give RW protection and give him open receivers and lets see what he can do, I suspect he is going to hit them, long and hard, he's got an arm and an eye, all he has to do is point and shoot but at the moment theres too much pocket management that needs to be addressed if not straight out abandoned for him to just step up pick a receiver and throw the ball..

    man, what game are some people watching?
    GO HAWKS!!!
    User avatar
    Twisted
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:18 pm
  • Twisted wrote:
    give RW protection and give him open receivers and lets see what he can do, I suspect he is going to hit them, long and hard, he's got an arm and an eye, all he has to do is point and shoot but at the moment theres too much pocket management that needs to be addressed if not straight out abandoned for him to just step up pick a receiver and throw the ball.


    The receivers definitely aren't making it easy on Wilson right now. Teams are just stacking the box with 8 or 9 defenders and blitzing the hell out of Wilson on passing downs. This all means our receivers HAVE to beat one on one coverage and run good, clean routes. Neither of which they're doing well.

    If we start burning teams downfield, then it'll stop the blitzes.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3217
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:15 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Twisted wrote:
    give RW protection and give him open receivers and lets see what he can do, I suspect he is going to hit them, long and hard, he's got an arm and an eye, all he has to do is point and shoot but at the moment theres too much pocket management that needs to be addressed if not straight out abandoned for him to just step up pick a receiver and throw the ball.


    The receivers definitely aren't making it easy on Wilson right now. Teams are just stacking the box with 8 or 9 defenders and blitzing the hell out of Wilson on passing downs. This all means our receivers HAVE to beat one on one coverage and run good, clean routes. Neither of which they're doing well.

    If we start burning teams downfield, then it'll stop the blitzes.

    What if they are getting open and Wilson just isn't seeing them? These same receivers were a lot more productive with Jackson under center, could they really have regressed THAT much? Of course Carroll doesn't help either... I'm not seeing many jump balls thrown which is odd since Edwards, and Rice specialize in those kind of plays. I noticed our short passing game is lacking too -- we're having Wilson take 5-7 step drops (probably because of his size) and the ball isn't getting out fast enough. I want to see more plays where our receivers are in position to make YAC, why aren't we getting the ball to Tate in space? Why aren't we utilizing the shotgun more often -- without 5 receiver empty set. Where is Miller? He is a probowl player.. before he came to the Seahawks he was considered one of the best young TEs in the game. Good players dont just "regress" like Miller has.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1401
    Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:31 am


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:20 pm
  • Spin Doctor wrote:These same receivers were a lot more productive with Jackson under center, could they really have regressed THAT much?


    Where is this idea coming from? I've been seeing it a lot lately, and I'm not sure where it's coming from.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11270
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:56 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:These same receivers were a lot more productive with Jackson under center, could they really have regressed THAT much?


    Where is this idea coming from? I've been seeing it a lot lately, and I'm not sure where it's coming from.

    Well, Sidney Rice through 4 games last year had 17 receptions for 264 yards with a 17.1 average and he had 1 TD. Also bear in mind that WHITEHURST was QB for one of these games.

    In 4 games this year Rice has 12 receptions for 132 yards with a 11.0 average and one TD.

    Doug Baldwin had 88 yards through 2 games (i'm using his first two) for 1 TD with an average of 12.4, this year he has 4 receptions for 23 yards with a 5.8 average and zero TDs.

    Golden Tate had 35 yards for a 5.3 average and a TD, this year he has 113 yards for 16.1 yards with 2 TDs. Tate was our 5th receiver on the depth chart at this point.

    Zach Miller had 62 yards for 8.5 while this year he has 90 yards for 10.1. I won't comment on how many times he goes out to catch a pass this year vs. last because I don't know.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1401
    Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:31 am


Re: Interesting - from Hawkblogger
Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:56 am
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:These same receivers were a lot more productive with Jackson under center, could they really have regressed THAT much?


    Where is this idea coming from? I've been seeing it a lot lately, and I'm not sure where it's coming from.

    Well, Sidney Rice through 4 games last year had 17 receptions for 264 yards with a 17.1 average and he had 1 TD. Also bear in mind that WHITEHURST was QB for one of these games.

    In 4 games this year Rice has 12 receptions for 132 yards with a 11.0 average and one TD.

    Doug Baldwin had 88 yards through 2 games (i'm using his first two) for 1 TD with an average of 12.4, this year he has 4 receptions for 23 yards with a 5.8 average and zero TDs.

    Golden Tate had 35 yards for a 5.3 average and a TD, this year he has 113 yards for 16.1 yards with 2 TDs. Tate was our 5th receiver on the depth chart at this point.

    Zach Miller had 62 yards for 8.5 while this year he has 90 yards for 10.1. I won't comment on how many times he goes out to catch a pass this year vs. last because I don't know.


    More of this? First, lets be accurate. Rice missed the first two games last year and had 11 catches in next two. So, after 4 games, he had, not 17, but 11 receptions.
    In those 4 games, Tarvaris had 136 attempts to Wilson's 100, and was playing from behind in 3 of those 4 games. Second, TJ and Rice WERE TEAMMATES in Minnesota, I hope they had some continuity together.
    Other pertinent stats: TJ had more turnovers after 4 games, almost twice as many sacks, and we were all wondering if we were going to be picking Luck first in the draft.

    Results based analysis means nothing unless you consider the process as well.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11079
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Previous


It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information