West Virginia Vs Texas

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm really intrigued and excited for this game. I love watching WVU play and it will be interesting to see how they play against a good (or at least better then they've been going up against) defense. I'm hoping West Virginia blows them out, i hate UT fans.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Coach Mack Brown might be the most over rated besides Kiffen.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3rzx4orn said:
Coach Mack Brown might be the most over rated besides Kiffen.

No argument on that. Mack Brown does less with more talent then any coach in the country.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Mack Brown knows how to delegate, however, I think that's because he has no coaching ability whatsoever. WVU will move the ball up and down the field, but Texas will make them work. Whats the over/under on this one?

Snohomie

Reaction score
Brown is either a great "face of the program", or he's a master recruiter. Or both. Somehow he gets who he wants in Texas, and while he has a great recruiting homeland, it takes some chops to bring in the classes he does. He seems to have a very stable program. There is a good culture there, it's not a rudderless ship or anything like that, and the players like it there and tend to stay in school at a high rate. He's done some good things from a leadership, running the program perspective. Plenty of teams don't have that.

But his best talent tends to stagnate rather than develop (it seems like the best guys in each class end up being lowly ranked recruits) and I wonder what some other coaches could do with what has to be one of the top jobs in college football.

pehawk

Reaction score
WVU just plays what IMO college football should be; no defense and freaky offensively. Like Oregon, but with out the Phil Knight signed checks.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it'd be Cougar style to win, Cougin it for the entire Pac-12.