Brian Billick on Seattle

mikeak

Reaction score
Funny I was thinking Billick won a super bowl with the ultimate Game Manager and yet somehow this is now a bad thing? Funny how the world turns

And I do think RW will be more than a game manager - I expect him to be what we see in the 2 minute drills a qb that can move the team down the field

manders2600

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":50ray44r said:
manders2600":50ray44r said:
HansGruber":50ray44r said:
What did you expect from a rookie? 400 yards a game?

Immediately following RW's 160 yd performance on Sunday . . .

Ryan Tannehill: 431 yds passing vs Arizona

RW in Week 1: 153 yds passing vs Arizona

Just saying . . . :th2thumbs:

How many dozens of times did Tannehill throw downfield, and compare that to Wilson...

Tannehill attempted 41 passes against Arizona, and RW attempted 34 passes against Arizona.

OP
OP
K

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":1vjhqaki said:
manders2600":1vjhqaki said:
How many dozens of times did Tannehill throw downfield, and compare that to Wilson...

Tannehill attempted 41 passes against Arizona, and RW attempted 34 passes against Arizona.

How many were on that last drive, on a short field?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Most coaches I respect. He on the other hand is a dumbass. Stop listening to yourself talk and do some research, dimwit.

manders2600

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":2pvsp38a said:
KitsapHawk":2pvsp38a said:
manders2600":2pvsp38a said:

How many were on that last drive, on a short field?

I have no idea, and don't really care to look it up (though you should feel free). ;)

The point, I think, was that blaming RW's struggles on his rookie QB status would be more convincing if there were any rookie QB playing worse than RW.

Basis4day

Reaction score
The point, I think, was that blaming RW's struggles on his rookie QB status would be more convincing if there were any rookie QB playing worse than RW.

Brandon Weeden? There is more to a Qb than simple passing yards, especially desperation yards near the end of games.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HansGruber":398onlph said:
Billick - you were a garbage coach and owe EVERYTHING to Belichick.

mj-laughing.gif

What the hell does he owe Belichick? Do you even know who Brian Billick is?

Love how when someone like Warren Moon praises Wilson - it means something because he played QB. But when other media pundits criticize him, it means nothing because of (insert reason here).

manders2600

Reaction score
Basis4day":3hlj9ibi said:

Brandon Weeden? There is more to a Qb than simple passing yards, especially desperation yards near the end of games.

Yes, there is.

Have you watched Weeden play? He's gotten better each week, though I really don't think he'll be that good in the end.

RW, on the other hand, has regressed. As defenses realize he does not have the ability to throw short passes or step up into the pocket, he becomes easier to defend.

Weeden, Tannehill, RG3, and Luck are showing the ability to do new things each week, which makes them less predictable, and provides hope that they are going to get better.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
manders2600":1ed00z5v said:
Basis4day":1ed00z5v said:

Yes, there is.

Have you watched Weeden play? He's gotten better each week, though I really don't think he'll be that good in the end.

RW, on the other hand, has regressed. As defenses realize he does not have the ability to throw short passes or step up into the pocket, he becomes easier to defend.

Weeden, Tannehill, RG3, and Luck are showing the ability to do new things each week, which makes them less predictable, and provides hope that they are going to get better.

Weeden has only Trent Richardson too. Wilson has many more weapons at his disposal, and yet Weeden is still playing far better than him IMO. Take away his first game which was ugly, and his last 3 look very good:

879 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT.

And again.. he plays in NFL purgatory.

OP
OP
K

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1hg5h91y said:
HansGruber":1hg5h91y said:
Billick - you were a garbage coach and owe EVERYTHING to Belichick.

mj-laughing.gif

What the hell does he owe Belichick? Do you even know who Brian Billick is?

Love how when someone like Warren Moon praises Wilson - it means something because he played QB. But when other media pundits criticize him, it means nothing because of (insert reason here).

You obviously have not got a clue; Bill Belichick built the Cleveland Browns Team before it moved to Baltimore and won a superbowl... We all know who Billick is man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Cleve ... wns_season

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":15nakn40 said:
You obviously have not got a clue; Bill Belichick built the Cleveland Browns Team before it moved to Baltimore and won a superbowl... We all know who Billick is man.

You're right.. without Bill Belichick sucking, the team wouldn't have drafted Ray Lewis and then... added a ton of other pieces the following FIVE years

Belichick created Billick. The end.

:lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm amazed at how many people take criticism of Wilson almost personally in here, lashing out at others and people like Billick who are doing nothing more than stating the obvious........Wilson is. Not. Playing. Well.

Are you Russell apologist defending him because he's a rookie? Must be cause if this was Flynn or T-Jack throwing up these horrible passing numbers, you'd all be screaming for change.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I certainly hope our pass rush can become more consistent! I'd love to see Cam sacked 3-4 times this weekend!

Rodgers

Reaction score
I didn't see the game, couldn't a WR have at least tried for "simultaneous possession"? They only had to touch the ball. I think the WRs let this team down last week. :lol:

HansGruber

Reaction score
This thread reached epic status the second Tannehill was compared favorably to Wilson.

I just... wow... just wow.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2n8wgru8 said:
I'm amazed at how many people take criticism of Wilson almost personally in here, lashing out at others and people like Billick who are doing nothing more than stating the obvious........Wilson is. Not. Playing. Well.

Are you Russell apologist defending him because he's a rookie? Must be cause if this was Flynn or T-Jack throwing up these horrible passing numbers, you'd all be screaming for change.
Seahawk fans (not Russell apologists, condescension drips off that and you know it) who like Russell like him because of his potential. Do you imagine during Peyton Manning's rookie season some Colts fans were saying he was Not. Playing. Well? Because he wasn't.

Stop basing your opinion purely on results, and start examining the process. You will have more fun, maybe even a bit more hope.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":192fde7s said:
KitsapHawk":192fde7s said:

You're right.. without Bill Belichick sucking, the team wouldn't have drafted Ray Lewis and then... added a ton of other pieces the following FIVE years

Belichick created Billick. The end.

:lol:
My response to this got erased in the "blackout". I always assumed you were a contrarian because you disagreed with how Pete ran things, but now I see it might just be your personality.

Bill Belichick and Ozzie Newsome had zeroed in on Ray Lewis during Bill's last season in Cleveland. Bill's Cleveland team was leading the division when the move to Baltimore was announced, then his team tanked. Ozzie Newsome to this day gives Bill all the credit for showing him how to draft players.

Now I realize that looking this kind of stuff up is time consuming and doesn't serve your argument. It certainly would cut into your passive aggressive schtick and ruin your snark, but you would be smarter. Maybe, right before you post, you could think about the old NBC public service announcement, "the more you know".