lol...a commercial says it all...

samwize77

Reaction score
Yeah...thats right, a commercial puts it into perspective.
Hope everyone has seen the commercial (not sure what the product is) but its about your doctor doing your job, and you doing his.
Let the guys that actually know something about whats going on on the field do their jobs.
If some of the posters here want to pretend that they know whats happening...pretend away. But at least bring some intelligent argument to the table instead of regurgitating stats.
For example.....tell us all how we can beat Carolinas D. Since you know so much right? Don't wait until after the fact...and then spew a bunch of stats.
Tell us, in some detail, how our offense should beat the Panthers D.
Details like tendencies. Both overall and individual. Stuff like that. Don't bore us with the obvious "no penalties, no turnovers" ...any Joe on the street can pull that outta his arse, so those go without saying . Theres a hell of a lot more to winning games than just those tid bits.
So let us know oh wise ones.....we're all waiting to hear from you....and now...not later.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
OK, for this offense to be more productive in the red zone the Hawks need to HAND THE BALL TO MARSHAWN LYNCH ON THIRD AND TWO. Enough with the freakin' cutesy option plays and QB draws in those situations. You have one of the best short yardage backs in the NFL and you waste his talents by not using him? Why did you pay the man a good chunk of change to do these kinds of things unless you are trying too hard to be cute and/or aren't freakin' smart enough to even know what your own strengths are?

There's one for you.....and don't tell me that's being Captain Obvious because Bevell certainly doesn't seem to get it.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Here's one:

Where is the 6'7" Evan Moore in the red zone? Last I checked, he is a mismatch for most DBs. We don't even bother trying to utilize it...

Riley12

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":23f3pc9u said:
HAND THE GODDAMNED BALL TO MARSHAWN LYNCH ON THIRD AND TWO

All we are saaaaaayiiiiiiiiing. Is give Beast a chaaaaaaaance!

(and I completely agree)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Riley12":34kwaw0u said:
hawksfansinceday1":34kwaw0u said:

(and I completely agree)

NICE!! :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Our special teams should beat their special teams just on talent alone. However, what we need to do to make certain our special teams beats their special teams is simple: DON'T CALL STUPID ONSIDES KICKS WHEN WE DON'T NEED THEM AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE SURE THEY DON'T GET A CHEAP FAKE FIELD GOAL!!!!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Riley12":2fds3ilm said:
hawksfansinceday1":2fds3ilm said:

(and I completely agree)

Nice one.

Where ya gonna watch the Sunday game?

12thMan1

Reaction score
John Madden told me exactly how they're going to win this game. To start, they gotta get the football and either throw it in the air or run it on the ground to the end of the field. Also known as a touchdown. Then the Seahawks defense has to stop the other guys from doing that same thing against them by tackling the other them and trying to take away the football. If they can do this more times than the other team then they'll have succeeded.

Riley12

Reaction score
LymonHawk":js3hqfwu said:
Riley12":js3hqfwu said:
hawksfansinceday1":js3hqfwu said:

(and I completely agree)

Nice one.

Where ya gonna watch the Sunday game?

I actually got the inspiration from your little thing on that -other- Seahawks site!

If it's an afternoon game, I say we watch it at Amigo's. I can't guarantee any more enthusiasm on my
part or a win on the part of the Seahawks, though. Ha!

Of course, if I could guarantee either of those, I'd be more personable and also have Vegas in my back pocket.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
It's a 1:05 game.

I just spoke with Amigo's and they claim the projection t.v. is fixed...I hope.

Dr. Diags is in, and I'll give Claudia a buzz and see if she wants go.

If anyone else wants to join us, this is the place: http://stanwoodamigos.com/ (But let us know so we can try and save some seats.)

Later,

SeahawksRawk

Reaction score
12thMan1":1b3xg9bn said:
John Madden told me exactly how they're going to win this game. To start, they gotta get the football and either throw it in the air or run it on the ground to the end of the field. Also known as a touchdown. Then the Seahawks defense has to stop the other guys from doing that same thing against them by tackling the other them and trying to take away the football. If they can do this more times than the other team then they'll have succeeded.

I sure miss madden.

Would love to hear him call that tate block!

"See what Lee did wrong here is not keep his eyes on the rest of the field. he locked in on his target and BOOM!
only it wasn't the boom he was expecting!"

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
SeahawksRawk":2ngdf06k said:
12thMan1":2ngdf06k said:

I sure miss madden.

Would love to hear him call that tate block!

"See what Lee did wrong here is not keep his eyes on the rest of the field. he locked in on his target and BOOM!
only it wasn't the boom he was expecting!"
I just said both quotes in John Madden's voice in my head (or maybe it was Frank Caliendo's voice impersonating John Madden.....not really sure any more), didn't even realize it until I was done.

xCalibur

Reaction score
???This post is a joke right??? A prank? Maybe a troll? Jesus, a monkey can tell you how to beat Carolina. We will need the best game oour Special Teams has had to date, we will need the defense to play balls out like they did against Green Bay and play tighter coverage on 3rd downs. Then the obvious, we will need Flynn to play instead of Wilson. Unless Pete and Bevell let him out of the pocket and open up the offense so he can see the damn field, he cannot and will not be able to out score Cam Newton. I think we have a better chance to win this game with Flynn. Especially if your asking the Qb to stay in the pocket.

Twisted

Reaction score
samwize77":fte2uivi said:
Don't bore us with the obvious "no penalties, no turnovers" ...any Joe on the street can pull that outta his arse,

any street Joe?

why is it this factor is never addressed?

fans have a certain amount of expectations, they PAY to watch this team, so in essence the Hawks are OUR employees, you don't believe that take away the fans and the NFL will flop as fast as the UFL..

so when we see the obvious we are going to ask that the OBVIOUS be addressed, over and over until its addressed.

minor factors that are completely in your control getting away from you makes everyone look bad, bad calls, penalties and so on and were just supposed to swallow personnel hurting the team for absolutely no reason whatsoever and not say anything, rather we are asked to do the coaches jobs and figure out how to win?

lets say we do this, we offer the winning recipe, and some jaggoff comes along and draws a personal foul putting us out of FG range losing the game? were just NOT supposed to say anything rather offer up another winning recipe

I think most of us would like to see ramifications for avoidable flags that hurt the Seahawks, we don't just want to sweep them under the table when we know the Seahawks desperately need every yard and every first down and every negative yard is the difference between winning and losing..

as for me I'm not offering the advice of fewer penalties, I'm demanding they reduce them, they may be the difference in my participation? remember there are 32 teams in the NFL... ;)

also, there are members providing winning recipes but no ones listening

Twisted

Reaction score
also, this issue NOT being addressed either on the field or by way of some form of punishment is another reason I say the Seahawks do not want to win, winners do EVERYTHING in their power to win, losers do everything in their power to lose..

Twisted

Reaction score
then he says "like tendencies"

OK, certain Seahawks have tendencies to move early on the offense, and some have a tendency to live in the neutral zone, and some have a tendency to let their anger get the best of them...

hidn

Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and put my 2 cents on record so that I can bitch about it later when it doesn't happen.

Wilson needs to be given the ability to check/audible the play based on what he is seeing. I cant name a single time where I have seen RW kill from a run to a pass, or visa versa. To me, this means he has not been given the capability. Why haven't we seen route adjustment communications when obvious blitz's are coming? Why haven't we seen him audible away from a run when they put 8, yes 8, men in the box? This is what I think PC is saying when he says he hasn't opened things up for him. He hasn't given him full control of the offense when he is on the field. He runs the play that's called regardless of how the defense lines up.

The offensive play calling is completely asinine. To start, why would you consistently take your shots on first and third down? So that way you have a high chance of 2nd and 10 or 4th? No, you take your shots on 2nd and 2 or 2nd and 3 when you were successful on first down. That way, if you fail to get decent yardage on first down you still have second and third to make up for it. I'm not saying you shouldn't ever take a shot on first down, but it should not be your offensive philosophy. It puts a ton of pressure on the offense to execute perfectly 2 plays in a row for no real reason. Coincidentally this shows up as a low third down percentage!

Right now, our passing game is incredibly slow to develop. Our receivers aren't breaking into soft spots of zones until around 3 seconds into the play. That puts a MASSIVE amount of pressure on our offensive line to perform. Even the check downs are chipping before dumping out! If any one of our linemen get beat or they blitz us like crazy, there is NOWHERE for Wilson to go. Even if he sees it in his pre-snap, he cant change the play (previous assumption). We absolutely must start incorporating faster developing passing plays to calm that blitz down and slow the rush. Then move into the longer developing deeper option routes that we can get big plays on. Specifically I would like to see quick slants and slot outs incorporated into our offensive bread and butter.

In summary, what I'm saying is: Give Wilson a chance to be effective by putting the offense in winnable situations, give him a chance to take advantage of defensive looks and add plays that account for any deficiencies we may or may not have on the offensive line.