lol...a commercial says it all...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
lol...a commercial says it all...
Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:44 pm
  • Yeah...thats right, a commercial puts it into perspective.
    Hope everyone has seen the commercial (not sure what the product is) but its about your doctor doing your job, and you doing his.
    Let the guys that actually know something about whats going on on the field do their jobs.
    If some of the posters here want to pretend that they know whats happening...pretend away. But at least bring some intelligent argument to the table instead of regurgitating stats.
    For example.....tell us all how we can beat Carolinas D. Since you know so much right? Don't wait until after the fact...and then spew a bunch of stats.
    Tell us, in some detail, how our offense should beat the Panthers D.
    Details like tendencies. Both overall and individual. Stuff like that. Don't bore us with the obvious "no penalties, no turnovers" ...any Joe on the street can pull that outta his arse, so those go without saying . Theres a hell of a lot more to winning games than just those tid bits.
    So let us know oh wise ones.....we're all waiting to hear from you....and now...not later.
    Oh DonkoSpurt We Hardly Knew Ye!
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

Re: lol...a commercial says it all...
Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:46 pm
  • Welcome to the board, Mr Bevell
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:52 pm
  • OK, for this offense to be more productive in the red zone the Hawks need to HAND THE BALL TO MARSHAWN LYNCH ON THIRD AND TWO. Enough with the freakin' cutesy option plays and QB draws in those situations. You have one of the best short yardage backs in the NFL and you waste his talents by not using him? Why did you pay the man a good chunk of change to do these kinds of things unless you are trying too hard to be cute and/or aren't freakin' smart enough to even know what your own strengths are?

There's one for you.....and don't tell me that's being Captain Obvious because Bevell certainly doesn't seem to get it.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:59 pm
  • Here's one:

Where is the 6'7" Evan Moore in the red zone? Last I checked, he is a mismatch for most DBs. We don't even bother trying to utilize it...
    @SeahawkGreg

GIVE US YOUR PINK SLIP, SANTA CLARA WHINERS. WE OWN YOU
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:05 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote: HAND THE GODDAMNED BALL TO MARSHAWN LYNCH ON THIRD AND TWO

All we are saaaaaayiiiiiiiiing. Is give Beast a chaaaaaaaance!

(and I completely agree)
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:06 pm
  • Riley12 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote: HAND THE GODDAMNED BALL TO MARSHAWN LYNCH ON THIRD AND TWO

(and I completely agree)

NICE!! :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:08 pm
  • Our special teams should beat their special teams just on talent alone. However, what we need to do to make certain our special teams beats their special teams is simple: DON'T CALL STUPID ONSIDES KICKS WHEN WE DON'T NEED THEM AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE SURE THEY DON'T GET A CHEAP FAKE FIELD GOAL!!!!
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:10 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:Welcome to the board, Mr Bevell

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:51 pm
  • Riley12 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote: HAND THE GODDAMNED BALL TO MARSHAWN LYNCH ON THIRD AND TWO

(and I completely agree)

Nice one.

Where ya gonna watch the Sunday game?
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:06 pm
  • John Madden told me exactly how they're going to win this game. To start, they gotta get the football and either throw it in the air or run it on the ground to the end of the field. Also known as a touchdown. Then the Seahawks defense has to stop the other guys from doing that same thing against them by tackling the other them and trying to take away the football. If they can do this more times than the other team then they'll have succeeded.
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:10 pm
  • LymonHawk wrote:
    Riley12 wrote:

(and I completely agree)

Nice one.

Where ya gonna watch the Sunday game?

I actually got the inspiration from your little thing on that -other- Seahawks site!

If it's an afternoon game, I say we watch it at Amigo's. I can't guarantee any more enthusiasm on my
    part or a win on the part of the Seahawks, though. Ha!

Of course, if I could guarantee either of those, I'd be more personable and also have Vegas in my back pocket.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:31 pm
  • It's a 1:05 game.

I just spoke with Amigo's and they claim the projection t.v. is fixed...I hope.

Dr. Diags is in, and I'll give Claudia a buzz and see if she wants go.

If anyone else wants to join us, this is the place: http://stanwoodamigos.com/ (But let us know so we can try and save some seats.)

Later,
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:49 pm
  • Great!

See you then.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:02 pm
  • 12thMan1 wrote:John Madden told me exactly how they're going to win this game. To start, they gotta get the football and either throw it in the air or run it on the ground to the end of the field. Also known as a touchdown. Then the Seahawks defense has to stop the other guys from doing that same thing against them by tackling the other them and trying to take away the football. If they can do this more times than the other team then they'll have succeeded.

I sure miss madden.

Would love to hear him call that tate block!

"See what Lee did wrong here is not keep his eyes on the rest of the field. he locked in on his target and BOOM!
    only it wasn't the boom he was expecting!"

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!!!
    The Seahawk Domination is upon us!
    SeahawksRawk
    * #1 TOP SUPPORTER *
    * #1 TOP SUPPORTER *

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:16 pm
  • SeahawksRawk wrote:
    12thMan1 wrote:John Madden told me exactly how they're going to win this game. To start, they gotta get the football and either throw it in the air or run it on the ground to the end of the field. Also known as a touchdown. Then the Seahawks defense has to stop the other guys from doing that same thing against them by tackling the other them and trying to take away the football. If they can do this more times than the other team then they'll have succeeded.

I sure miss madden.

Would love to hear him call that tate block!

"See what Lee did wrong here is not keep his eyes on the rest of the field. he locked in on his target and BOOM!
    only it wasn't the boom he was expecting!"

I just said both quotes in John Madden's voice in my head (or maybe it was Frank Caliendo's voice impersonating John Madden.....not really sure any more), didn't even realize it until I was done.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:31 pm
  • ???This post is a joke right??? A prank? Maybe a troll? Jesus, a monkey can tell you how to beat Carolina. We will need the best game oour Special Teams has had to date, we will need the defense to play balls out like they did against Green Bay and play tighter coverage on 3rd downs. Then the obvious, we will need Flynn to play instead of Wilson. Unless Pete and Bevell let him out of the pocket and open up the offense so he can see the damn field, he cannot and will not be able to out score Cam Newton. I think we have a better chance to win this game with Flynn. Especially if your asking the Qb to stay in the pocket.
    Steve Largent is greatest Seahawk WR of all time
    xCalibur
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:06 pm
  • samwize77 wrote:Don't bore us with the obvious "no penalties, no turnovers" ...any Joe on the street can pull that outta his arse,

any street Joe?

why is it this factor is never addressed?

fans have a certain amount of expectations, they PAY to watch this team, so in essence the Hawks are OUR employees, you don't believe that take away the fans and the NFL will flop as fast as the UFL..

so when we see the obvious we are going to ask that the OBVIOUS be addressed, over and over until its addressed.

minor factors that are completely in your control getting away from you makes everyone look bad, bad calls, penalties and so on and were just supposed to swallow personnel hurting the team for absolutely no reason whatsoever and not say anything, rather we are asked to do the coaches jobs and figure out how to win?

lets say we do this, we offer the winning recipe, and some jaggoff comes along and draws a personal foul putting us out of FG range losing the game? were just NOT supposed to say anything rather offer up another winning recipe

I think most of us would like to see ramifications for avoidable flags that hurt the Seahawks, we don't just want to sweep them under the table when we know the Seahawks desperately need every yard and every first down and every negative yard is the difference between winning and losing..

as for me I'm not offering the advice of fewer penalties, I'm demanding they reduce them, they may be the difference in my participation? remember there are 32 teams in the NFL... ;)

also, there are members providing winning recipes but no ones listening
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 pm
  • also, this issue NOT being addressed either on the field or by way of some form of punishment is another reason I say the Seahawks do not want to win, winners do EVERYTHING in their power to win, losers do everything in their power to lose..
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:27 pm
  • then he says "like tendencies"

OK, certain Seahawks have tendencies to move early on the offense, and some have a tendency to live in the neutral zone, and some have a tendency to let their anger get the best of them...
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:38 pm
  • I'm going to go ahead and put my 2 cents on record so that I can bitch about it later when it doesn't happen.

Wilson needs to be given the ability to check/audible the play based on what he is seeing. I cant name a single time where I have seen RW kill from a run to a pass, or visa versa. To me, this means he has not been given the capability. Why haven't we seen route adjustment communications when obvious blitz's are coming? Why haven't we seen him audible away from a run when they put 8, yes 8, men in the box? This is what I think PC is saying when he says he hasn't opened things up for him. He hasn't given him full control of the offense when he is on the field. He runs the play that's called regardless of how the defense lines up.

The offensive play calling is completely asinine. To start, why would you consistently take your shots on first and third down? So that way you have a high chance of 2nd and 10 or 4th? No, you take your shots on 2nd and 2 or 2nd and 3 when you were successful on first down. That way, if you fail to get decent yardage on first down you still have second and third to make up for it. I'm not saying you shouldn't ever take a shot on first down, but it should not be your offensive philosophy. It puts a ton of pressure on the offense to execute perfectly 2 plays in a row for no real reason. Coincidentally this shows up as a low third down percentage!

Right now, our passing game is incredibly slow to develop. Our receivers aren't breaking into soft spots of zones until around 3 seconds into the play. That puts a MASSIVE amount of pressure on our offensive line to perform. Even the check downs are chipping before dumping out! If any one of our linemen get beat or they blitz us like crazy, there is NOWHERE for Wilson to go. Even if he sees it in his pre-snap, he cant change the play (previous assumption). We absolutely must start incorporating faster developing passing plays to calm that blitz down and slow the rush. Then move into the longer developing deeper option routes that we can get big plays on. Specifically I would like to see quick slants and slot outs incorporated into our offensive bread and butter.

In summary, what I'm saying is: Give Wilson a chance to be effective by putting the offense in winnable situations, give him a chance to take advantage of defensive looks and add plays that account for any deficiencies we may or may not have on the offensive line.
    hidn
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:07 pm
  • yea, many have been saying this since week one, everything appears to be a mystery with this team and I honestly think thats whats dividing fans..

someone from the team needs to release a statement or something regarding the current direction and philosophy of this team regarding the QB and why the offense is stalling, fans deserve this much!

this is nothing more than the political BS you would expect from politicians, no one is stepping up and saying this is why this is and thats why there is so much speculation, controversy and division, which by the way is a great recipe for losing fans, how many GB fans were at the game Monday?

someone needs to pull this in
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:25 pm
  • questions that need to be answered

1. whats the direction of the offense?

2. is this a building year?

3. is RW performing the duties assigned to him? (is he not finding open receivers etc.) if not what are his weaknesses? what are his strengths? what are his goals?

4. what are his capabilities decision wise? who calls the shots?

these answers need to come from staff, not fans, media or so called analysts and experts, they need to come from those that actually allocate duties and call the shots..

many teams press up whats going on with the team in these regards, they profile individual player progress and team progress some even offer up projections, (where they want to be), no ones doing that here, all we get are kudos when they win and excuses when they lose, not healthy.
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:38 pm
  • In all due respect Twisted.....the only person PC needs to answer to is Paul Allen...not the fans..not the media....and not you or me. If you wish to show your unhappiness with the situation, don't go to the games, don't watch them on tv, don't buy the gear. Thats the best way to get their attention. Empty seats and low ratings.
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:06 pm
  • samwize77 wrote:the only person PC needs to answer to is Paul Allen...not the fans..

really?

I have to strongly disagree, if thats his attitude then no wonder they find themselves in this position?

take away the fans you take away the Seahawks, I don't think even PC is pretentious enough to think he doesn't have to answer to fans, without fans there would be no NFL, just look at the UFL, XFL, WFL or USFL.

fans are what drives this league, not egos, owners, coaches or players, don't insult our intelligence by insinuating we don't know this.. :cry:
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:20 pm
  • samwize77 wrote:In all due respect Twisted.....the only person PC needs to answer to is Paul Allen...not the fans..not the media....and not you or me. If you wish to show your unhappiness with the situation, don't go to the games, don't watch them on tv, don't buy the gear. Thats the best way to get their attention. Empty seats and low ratings.

This is why we are Seattle. There is an attitude that needs to be adjusted. Demand more. Be vocal. Don't just put up with the same crap. Thru radio, tv, newspaper, email, letters,... Be vocal and express displeasure. They owe us, the 12th man, a top notch product. If we feel we aren't getting it we need to grill these guys to hell and back.

We have wallowed in mediocrity for 35 years. Enough already.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:24 pm
  • So fire him Mr Fan...see how far that gets you. Or call him up and demand answers.....
    Naw, my guess you'd get better results by not going to games...or watching the games (ads) on tv.....thats how the fans speak
    Mora wasn't long for this team because Mr Allen wasn't happy with what was going on....not you. Sorry to burst your bubble
    If everyone on this site....and every media talking head wanted PC fired....he wouldn't be going anywhere...unless Paul wanted him gone also. How can you possibly think otherwise?
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:41 pm
  • With this offense, if you have a question about a playcall, hand the ball to Lynch. Oh, Lynch just ran a 40 yarder before being tackled? Hand the ball to Turbin for one or MAYBE 2 plays. Then, hand the ball to Lynch. Next, hand the ball to Lynch.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:46 pm
  • samwize77 wrote:So fire him Mr Fan...see how far that gets you. Or call him up and demand answers.....
    Naw, my guess you'd get better results by not going to games...or watching the games (ads) on tv.....thats how the fans speak
    Mora wasn't long for this team because Mr Allen wasn't happy with what was going on....not you. Sorry to burst your bubble
    If everyone on this site....and every media talking head wanted PC fired....he wouldn't be going anywhere...unless Paul wanted him gone also. How can you possibly think otherwise?

fire who?

lol, if Allen wasn't happy, nor was I, sorry to burst YOUR bubble, and btw mines fully in tact.. :?

how did this turn into someone getting fired as apposed to being honest with fans and saying whats really going on with this team and why?

people want to know, is RW doing his job? fans cant tell because NO ONE is telling the fans what RWs job is..

all we have is dark secrecy, I have to say I haven't seen anything like it in the NFL for a long time, we weren't even told why Matt was released?

but go ahead and keep us fans in the dark, there is an element that, you, Allen, PC or fans can alter with their egos alone, its called Karma... ;)

give the fans what they want and they will give you want you want..

I'm wondering if this entire issue isn't simply due to mentalities like yours? keeping everyone in the dark and having fun with all the disrespect and name calling.. ;)

good grief I hope you're not in the PR department :shock:
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:28 am
  • Dude...all I'm saying, is, in the end, they don't have to answer your questions. What is so terribly wrong anyhow that answers should be worth coming? Is this franchise in a total state of disarray? It seems to me we just beat Green Bay, Dallas, and lost 2 games, 1 to a team thats 4-0, and another team thats 2-2 and we lost on the last drive of the game.....hmmmmm...doesn't seem so bad.

They have told the fans what RW's role is...ball control and security....simple, no frills (my words of course)...but thats the jest of it.

Matt wasn't released. He walked because he didn't like the contract offered.....I thought that was common knowledge....
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:45 am
  • And Dom...as much as I enjoy your posts...and I do..believe it......isn't what we are seeing now an answer to the demands from the year of "Mora"? These things don't happen overnight...all the fist pounding, name calling and finger pointing at the organization won't make it happen any faster.
    You're a loyal fan...I get it. Having a great team in Seattle again is overdue....I get it. What do you expect them to do? Draft better? Better free agent signings? More disciplined play (for sure)? Start firing people?...if bevell calls 2 games in a row that suck...fire him...and if the next guy does the same fire him too?....I can take criticism of the team...but when nothing is offered up as an answer...then after awhile its just words. Sort sounds like a child going "I want I want I want". Now if you suggest hitting Breno over the head with a 2x4 until he gets it and we don't see anymore PF calls...then I can get behind that 100%.
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:51 pm
  • hidn wrote:I'm going to go ahead and put my 2 cents on record so that I can bitch about it later when it doesn't happen.

Wilson needs to be given the ability to check/audible the play based on what he is seeing. I cant name a single time where I have seen RW kill from a run to a pass, or visa versa. To me, this means he has not been given the capability. Why haven't we seen route adjustment communications when obvious blitz's are coming? Why haven't we seen him audible away from a run when they put 8, yes 8, men in the box? This is what I think PC is saying when he says he hasn't opened things up for him. He hasn't given him full control of the offense when he is on the field. He runs the play that's called regardless of how the defense lines up.

The offensive play calling is completely asinine. To start, why would you consistently take your shots on first and third down? So that way you have a high chance of 2nd and 10 or 4th? No, you take your shots on 2nd and 2 or 2nd and 3 when you were successful on first down. That way, if you fail to get decent yardage on first down you still have second and third to make up for it. I'm not saying you shouldn't ever take a shot on first down, but it should not be your offensive philosophy. It puts a ton of pressure on the offense to execute perfectly 2 plays in a row for no real reason. Coincidentally this shows up as a low third down percentage!

Right now, our passing game is incredibly slow to develop. Our receivers aren't breaking into soft spots of zones until around 3 seconds into the play. That puts a MASSIVE amount of pressure on our offensive line to perform. Even the check downs are chipping before dumping out! If any one of our linemen get beat or they blitz us like crazy, there is NOWHERE for Wilson to go. Even if he sees it in his pre-snap, he cant change the play (previous assumption). We absolutely must start incorporating faster developing passing plays to calm that blitz down and slow the rush. Then move into the longer developing deeper option routes that we can get big plays on. Specifically I would like to see quick slants and slot outs incorporated into our offensive bread and butter.

In summary, what I'm saying is: Give Wilson a chance to be effective by putting the offense in winnable situations, give him a chance to take advantage of defensive looks and add plays that account for any deficiencies we may or may not have on the offensive line.

Truth.
    I dont get why It's so hard to attempt play-action on 2nd and short after a good run on first down. You can even rollout your qb in 2nd and short when the defense is in run blitz mode. If you cant script an offensive possession try calling in two plays or a set to quicken the tempo. It would be easy to find quick hitting plays to follow such a good run game.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information