Do you have fun watching the Seahawks?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
The most stressful, enjoyable, passive aggressive, aggressive, happy, disgruntled, cheering three hours of the week.

themunn

Reaction score
I have fun watching the Seahawks
Can you honestly say you didn't enjoy last week's game against GB??

seahawks08

Reaction score
I enjoy watching the game, I feel terrible when I dont get to watch the game for some reason, I always go with the mindset that they will win, or there will be good plays. It is hard for me to turn the TV off, if they are not doing well. I feel, they will do well soon and keep waiting, but there is no way I can give up watching the game. I already start waiting for the next one, as soon as the game on Sunday gets over.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I have fun, but I am often left in a very bad mood when they play poorly. It can just be so infuriating. This year has been especially tough at times because my expectations were high, and I disagree with how the team is handling some things. But ultimately I love it and that will never change.

Throwdown

Reaction score
This isn't the 2009 Hawks where they were unbearable to watch. I've had so much fun since Pete took over though and this year isn't any different.

drdiags

Reaction score
It's always good entertainment. It is good versus evil, the little guy overcoming against the golden boy. It's a morality play. It is a rollercoaster. Feelings of pride, disgust, joy, anger, elation and sadness. My family thinks one day I am going to have a heart attack yelling at the TV screen. I thought I was having one at a Seahawks game when Burleson returned that 90+ yd punt against the Rams.

In the 80's I used to get into really foul moods after a loss and it would last most of the week. Then later, as I started looking at playoff possibilities, I would anguish over each loss that I felt the team should have won. I have gotten better at not taking the losses to heart. I also know to avoid this place after a loss for a couple of days. I do like reading the more level-headed folks view on the game to help ease my mind. Todd and Doug used to always talk me down.

I enjoy this team quite a bit but my expectations are now higher for the defense. Love the smashmouth style they have. I just want other teams and fans to know they have to bring their lunch pail when they play the Seahawks. I doubt that I will personally witness a Superbowl victory. Just doesn't seem to be in the cards. But no need to stop loving the game. NFLN and ESPN make it tough to love the game, since they make you view it in their myopic view of teams that count. But that is another story.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Crizilla":1iqkv562 said:
no because we don't score points

Nothing is more frustrating than 3 and outs or giving up a first down on 3rd and 15.

I usually have fun (even when we lose).. if there are plays to cheer for. :th2thumbs:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
taz291819":2hkc9hee said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2hkc9hee said:
Can probably count the games I've enjoyed on one hand. But wouldn't change it for anything - can't beat the usual Sunday stress out.

This. And not to mention, this week really sucked having to listen to Mike Martz.

Do you two have less than 5 fingers? Because that's kind of sad if you can only get up to 2 or 3 fingers. ;)

And yes, I enjoy watching the Seahawks. I like those moments of anticipation - when anything and everything can happen and nothing feels final even after it happens. If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't watch because it is entertainment, and for the most part, I find it highly entertaining.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":3sk9880y said:
It's always good entertainment. It is good versus evil, the little guy overcoming against the golden boy. It's a morality play. It is a rollercoaster. Feelings of pride, disgust, joy, anger, elation and sadness. My family thinks one day I am going to have a heart attack yelling at the TV screen. I thought I was having one at a Seahawks game when Burleson returned that 90+ yd punt against the Rams.

In the 80's I used to get into really foul moods after a loss and it would last most of the week. Then later, as I started looking at playoff possibilities, I would anguish over each loss that I felt the team should have won. I have gotten better at not taking the losses to heart. I also know to avoid this place after a loss for a couple of days. I do like reading the more level-headed folks view on the game to help ease my mind. Todd and Doug used to always talk me down.

I enjoy this team quite a bit but my expectations are now higher for the defense. Love the smashmouth style they have. I just want other teams and fans to know they have to bring their lunch pail when they play the Seahawks. I doubt that I will personally witness a Superbowl victory. Just doesn't seem to be in the cards. But no need to stop loving the game. NFLN and ESPN make it tough to love the game, since they make you view it in their myopic view of teams that count. But that is another story.
You know you're one of my favorite posters here Doc. But damn man, I'm pretty sure you're my age (just turned 56) so PLEASE don't say you think we'll never see a Super Bowl win for the Hawks. It's like a knife to the heart to see something like that. In my opinion, if we accept mediocrity, we are doomed to it for the rest of our time as fans of the team (which means the rest of our lives LOL).

drdiags

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2hyhooq1 said:
You know you're one of my favorite posters here Doc. But damn man, I'm pretty sure you're my age (just turned 56) so PLEASE don't say you think we'll never see a Super Bowl win for the Hawks. It's like a knife to the heart to see something like that. In my opinion, if we accept mediocrity, we are doomed to it for the rest of our time as fans of the team (which means the rest of our lives LOL).

Yep, I turn 58 in march. Don't worry about my prophecy, I get the feeling I may only have < 10 yrs left, so long as you live the good life and don't take those corners too fast I think you can count on seeing us make the promised land. I just want all you jokers still breathing to give your fallen brothers a salute as you go crazy. Hee hee ...

I know. I am melodramatic. :thirishdrinkers:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":3hk8d96r said:
hawksfansinceday1":3hk8d96r said:

Yep, I turn 58 in march. Don't worry about my prophecy, I get the feeling I may only have < 10 yrs left, so long as you live the good life and don't take those corners too fast I think you can count on seeing us make the promised land. I just want all you jokers still breathing to give your fallen brothers a salute as you go crazy. Hee hee ...

I know. I am melodramatic. :thirishdrinkers:
Hope you're wrong about the <10 years left my friend. But if not, you can absolutely count on many salutes (and an extra cold one) from me. :thirishdrinkers:
And I am careful in those corners. It's the dumbasses on 4 wheels and even more so, the deer and elk you might be concerned for me about.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
You guys must have not been watching the Hawks the past few years because that's been a shit show.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Can make you crazy at times but I wouldn't have it any other way.

A

Anonymous

There is nothing that could possibly happen that would have the ability to pull me away from watching the Seahawks game. Save for aliens landing in my front lawn maybe, Seahawks football games have ultimate power in my life, and everyone that knows me is aware of that fact.

Since that first game in '76 I've seen nearly every game that has been broadcast. The only exception being a string of 4 games during the Tom Flores regime when I was out of the country. Even then I was able to watch them on tape. When I moved to Texas I got Sunday Ticket right away to keep the string going.

So, yes. I enjoy watching the Seahawks very much. It hasn't gone very well on numerous occasions, obviously, but it makes the good stuff that much better to see happen.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I LOVE watching the Hawks. I probably watch every game several times.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Well, what I particularly disliked about the Rams game in particular from a "fun" perspective was how after the first admirable drive or two that got us all thinking we were in for a relatively easy W, the way it quite suddenly went downhill after that, as if the Rams' D had just discovered and memorized our playbook. Yes, football games are played all four quarters, but talking about "fun watching" here, well, it wasn't "fun" having Porsche-like expectations of the offense after that beautiful first drive only to be given the problematic rickety Ford Pinto show for a large part of the rest of the game.

In general, though, I still have fun watching them because I keep reminding myself that these guys are awfully young right now and hold a heck of a lot of promise -- that we could well be watching them grow and evolve to eventually become a 12+ win team. And I still have fun witnessing the occasional big play.

The occasional ugly bumps are still to be expected, but they should soon reduce in frequency. But for this to really happen, it is critical that coaching and play-calling grow increasingly shrewd and intense. Now that our coaches and coordinators have decent talent at their disposal, they should begin approaching games more like chess matches and not simply rely on mastering alignments, routes, and plays, and getting everyone comfortable with timing and trusting everyone else.

The best talent in the world won't win many games without shrewd and intense coaching and play-calling.

JKent82

Reaction score
Yes. How the hell couldn't you?! It's the Seahawks! I mean I might get pissed and throw things in the general vicinity of the TV sometimes or be grumpy the rest of the day but Seahawks Sunday is always gonna be fun! It means friends, family, and FOOD. Whats better than sitting down at a random place to watch a game and meeting some new people and cheering for the hawks!

Yeah I can I be stressed out during a game, but to me that's the fun of it! Maybe it's like watching horror movies for some people... (Did not mean for it to come out like that!) I just find it kinda bizarre people wouldn't have fun. I mean I look forward to Sundays and pay attention to hawks more than pretty much anyone I know except probably some of you .netters, and I sure as hell have fun watching.

What fun would it be with out fun?!

Latest posts