Do you have fun watching the Seahawks?

Riley12

Reaction score
I love watching home games and staying down at the stadium all day long (8AM - 5 PM), win or lose.

But away games are another story. If I'm watching at home, I get stressed and either yell or cheer at the TV until
I feel like I' annoying other people. If I go to a bar it's better, especially if there is a lot of good company around,
but the game itself is secondary in those cases.

Yesterday, I just started feeling ill while watching the game - either another long 3rd down given up by the defense or
another failed 3rd down conversion by the offense and had to turn off the TV. I felt so much better then.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
VaporHawk":2x4dvivo said:
I can enjoy a game even if they lose if I am attending. Watching on TV, losses are 10x worse.

You are not kidding!
I cant stand watching it on tv. Glad I'm going to Miami too!

Verndog

Reaction score
Honestly, I had more fun last year (or any year) I had lesser expectation. This year I got caught on the hype and expectation and have been way more disappointed in the poor play that I was able to blow off in the past. The more you think you know, the worse it gets...(in my case)

taz291819

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2l0vqucq said:
Can probably count the games I've enjoyed on one hand. But wouldn't change it for anything - can't beat the usual Sunday stress out.

This. And not to mention, this week really sucked having to listen to Mike Martz.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
What a good idea for a post.

If i ever have a heart attack or stoke (too young but thats not the point) it will be while watching a Seahawks game. The only time this season I have relaxed is last in the 4th quarter of the Dallas game when I knew they didn't have enough time to come back.

I have to watch on game rewind most of the time, because im too cheap for sunday ticket and i live in South Carolina, so I'm watching at midnight est time in the dark by my self in my living room usually. This last game from the fake FG on I couldn't bring myself to sit down. The rest of the game I stood up, pacing or swinging back and forth.

The team is extremely stressful to watch since they have flashes of brilliance and yet some of the most boneheaded mistakes you could imagine. Just when I feel like they have a good drive going, Breno Giacomini gets a 15 yard penalty. Just when I think our defense stops a drive, we let them convert on a 3rd and freaking 15.

There have been losses that have still been fun. If we had lost the GB game it still would have been fun to watch. This last St. Louis game was excruciating 90% of the time. My blood pressure must have been unsafe.

Twisted

Reaction score
MOCHawk":wvpui9f6 said:
I went in to the season thinking that game days would be absolutely amazing. I can't stand to watch. Undisciplined, terrible on 3rd down (both sides of the ball), predictable (run, run, pass, repeat), not blitzing on 3rd and long, not playing press coverage on 3rd and anything. All of this adds up to me being so frustrated that I can barely watch. Am I too emotionally invested?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52815

when 2 + 2 continues to add up to 4, at some point we must consider the answer indeed is 4... ;)

an onside kick to start the second half, 3 points down with best special teams in the league and the #4 arguably the #1 defense in the league, really? no other play book in the universe contains that call unde that circumstance, at some point you must consider you CONT call specific plays just to see if they indeed do not work, thats what practice is for

behaving in this manner is an indication of one of 2 things and one of 2 things only;

1. leadership doesn't want to win

2. leadership doesn't posses the skills required to win

please don't get me wrong I like Carrol and I want him to want to win it just appears that when he reached into his bag of tricks it was empty?

Twisted

Reaction score
and I will always watch the game until officiating makes it unbearable, then theres high school ball

Blitzer88

Reaction score
When they win, yes
When they lose, depends lol
Do I overreact to everything, DEFINITELY

Slick

Reaction score
I look at it this way. I enjoy the games. If they win, I'm gung-ho about watching football the rest of the weekend, Monday, and Thursday. If they lose, I avoid all NFL TV coverage like the plague.

edogg23

Reaction score
I usually enjoy watching the games. But some of these frustrating road losses where we somehow snatch defeat from the jaws of victory just drive me crazy and cause me to lose sleep on Sunday night. Oh well its only a game I guess.

seedhawk

Reaction score
If you don't have "fun" watching the Hawks, win or lose, you should probably find some other way to spend your time!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I have enjoyed every single game since 1976-on the tv, in the stadium, even preseason. It is about the journey. Enjoy the journey. If you can't enjoy the journey, then just read the box scores Monday morning for the results. Every game, every play-win or lose. Love me some Seahawks! Go Seahawks!

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":yp5br1k2 said:
I have enjoyed every single game since 1976-on the tv, in the stadium, even preseason. It is about the journey. Enjoy the journey. If you can't enjoy the journey, then just read the box scores Monday morning for the results. Every game, every play-win or lose. Love me some Seahawks! Go Seahawks!

Words of wisdom from an elder.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
MOCHawk":3eyab2gk said:
No, I have had this one for 35 years and think I will keep them. As you can see from the other comments, I'm not the only one frustrated. I think maybe my expectations are too high.

Yep. Your expectations at this point in time are too high. I don't know how you don't have fun watching this team develop. Unless you are expecting a deep playoff run and a SB appearance.

Veilside

Reaction score
I have an unhealthy obsession with the Seattle Seahawks......

.....according to my girlfriend.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I'm very happy when I see the defense take the field. They beat people up, and make outstanding plays, and are easily a top 10 unit -- closer to top 5 actually.

kearly

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the Cowboys game. That game felt like everything was coming together. The Cardinals, Packers, and Rams games I enjoyed in places.

In terms of enjoyment: 2nd half of 2011 > 2012 > 1st half of 2011.

I'm okay with the passing offense not doing a ton, but it would really help if the team took a few more shots down the field and the defense stopped getting killed on 3rd and long.