Do you have fun watching the Seahawks?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Do you have fun watching the Seahawks?
Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:51 pm
  • I went in to the season thinking that game days would be absolutely amazing. I can't stand to watch. Undisciplined, terrible on 3rd down (both sides of the ball), predictable (run, run, pass, repeat), not blitzing on 3rd and long, not playing press coverage on 3rd and anything. All of this adds up to me being so frustrated that I can barely watch. Am I too emotionally invested?
    MOCHawk
    NET Rookie

• I go to work Mondays to de-stress and that's saying something.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• i posted something like this yeaterday, its just sad!
    Darrenv17
    NET Rookie

• After the Cowboys game, everyone was singing the opposite tune. It's been a rough couple of weeks for the offense and that makes everything feel worse than it really is. The team is young and energetic, and it will have its growing pains, but it will also have some really exciting times just around the corner. You can't deny the level of talent that's built up on this roster, and as players (including our QB) mature, and we improve our wideout corps, they'll feel more exciting.

That said, I think our OC could stand to be kicked to the curb. He wasn't great last year, and not leaning more heavily on a running game between Turbin and Lynch is inexcusable right now, and probably cost us the Rams game.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• Yikes, op! Do you think it's maybe time to find a new team?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• No, I have had this one for 35 years and think I will keep them. As you can see from the other comments, I'm not the only one frustrated. I think maybe my expectations are too high.
    MOCHawk
    NET Rookie

• I love watching the Seahawks. It's one of my favorite things to do.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Eh.....Seeing all this talent and the promise of this team bring misused and flushed down the toilet by the coaching staff can be unbearable. As much as I hate to say it, over the last two years I've really let go of my expectations. I'll love this team until I die, but there comes a point where letting the frustration eat you alive is not worth the stress.
    Last edited by Thepeelsessions on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• The defense and run game and even the special teams with the exception of 1 play are too damn good to not have fun watching. We can throw out as many 3rd down stats as we want for our defense but it doesnt change the fact that it can dominate any team in this league
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• Absoltuely i love it. Its like your children, even if they're getting their asses kicked in a soccer game its still fun to watch them out there running around. I love watching the hawks when they're great and I still love that 3 hours of the day when they're getting their asses kicked. Its what I look forward to every week, i'm not going to let a little thing like winning ruin my enjoyment.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Can probably count the games I've enjoyed on one hand. But wouldn't change it for anything - can't beat the usual Sunday stress out.
    Last edited by theENGLISHseahawk on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• Being emotionally invested in any team is a gamble.. If the team wins, it's a great high that lasts a week. If they lose, It's a week of disappointment and added stress

Gamedays are fun as hell for me, before the game I start getting jittery, and during the game i have to force myself to sit down. After games is a completely different story depending on W/L though.
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• While it's frustrating to watch the offense, every game (save for the Dallas game) has come down to the last drive. I have had more fun watching 3 of the games this year than all the games for the past 3 year COMBINED (minus the saints playoff game, that was amazing.)

It's a different breed of football, yes, but I LOVE watching our Def SMASH people.

The fact that minus a drop, minus a Fake FG, we would be UNBEATEN! Given the games we've been in so far (ok, maybe not the rams) that is saying something.
    Smoke
    NET Veteran

• hell Ya I do... I actually moved to Az 2 yrs ago and just this week attended my first game at a seahawkers bar here, loss and all I had one hell of a time with the best damn fans around..SEAHAAAAWKS
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

• This team has tons of talent. I hate to say it. But this team could be the next 49ers. Let me explain. That team was rebuilding, but had bad coaching and was going nowhere fast. Now a good coaching staff has turned it all around. I am starting to think Pete and his staff know talent. Know what they want in a player. But couldn't coach and rat out of a box. This team is far to up and down and undisiplined. That goes on the coaches. The bad calls, the worst offense in the NFL, close to last on both defensive and offensive 3rd downs. These are coachinf mistakes. This is not oour beloved players on the team we love. I think we have a losing season. Then fail again next yr and Pete and staff will be shown the door. If we get a great replacement. We will have the talent to win immediately, just like the niners did.
    Steve Largent is greatest Seahawk WR of all time
    xCalibur
    NET Rookie

• I can enjoy a game even if they lose if I am attending. Watching on TV, losses are 10x worse.
    Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
    VaporHawk
    NET Veteran

• Zebulon Dak wrote:I love watching the Seahawks. It's one of my favorite things to do.

Cosign.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I hate watching the games.

Yet I still do.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• xCalibur wrote:This team has tons of talent. I hate to say it. But this team could be the next 49ers. Let me explain. That team was rebuilding, but had bad coaching and was going nowhere fast. Now a good coaching staff has turned it all around. I am starting to think Pete and his staff know talent. Know what they want in a player. But couldn't coach and rat out of a box. This team is far to up and down and undisiplined. That goes on the coaches. The bad calls, the worst offense in the NFL, close to last on both defensive and offensive 3rd downs. These are coachinf mistakes. This is not oour beloved players on the team we love. I think we have a losing season. Then fail again next yr and Pete and staff will be shown the door. If we get a great replacement. We will have the talent to win immediately, just like the niners did.

Sooooooo... do you have fun watching the Seahawks?
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I love watching home games and staying down at the stadium all day long (8AM - 5 PM), win or lose.

But away games are another story. If I'm watching at home, I get stressed and either yell or cheer at the TV until
    I feel like I' annoying other people. If I go to a bar it's better, especially if there is a lot of good company around,
    but the game itself is secondary in those cases.

Yesterday, I just started feeling ill while watching the game - either another long 3rd down given up by the defense or
    another failed 3rd down conversion by the offense and had to turn off the TV. I felt so much better then.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

• VaporHawk wrote:I can enjoy a game even if they lose if I am attending. Watching on TV, losses are 10x worse.

You are not kidding!
    I cant stand watching it on tv. Glad I'm going to Miami too!
    Last edited by TheHawkster on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

• Honestly, I had more fun last year (or any year) I had lesser expectation. This year I got caught on the hype and expectation and have been way more disappointed in the poor play that I was able to blow off in the past. The more you think you know, the worse it gets...(in my case)
    "Improvement" can come from who you play-
    Verndog
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Can probably count the games I've enjoyed on one hand. But wouldn't change it for anything - can't beat the usual Sunday stress out.

This. And not to mention, this week really sucked having to listen to Mike Martz.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• What a good idea for a post.

If i ever have a heart attack or stoke (too young but thats not the point) it will be while watching a Seahawks game. The only time this season I have relaxed is last in the 4th quarter of the Dallas game when I knew they didn't have enough time to come back.

I have to watch on game rewind most of the time, because im too cheap for sunday ticket and i live in South Carolina, so I'm watching at midnight est time in the dark by my self in my living room usually. This last game from the fake FG on I couldn't bring myself to sit down. The rest of the game I stood up, pacing or swinging back and forth.

The team is extremely stressful to watch since they have flashes of brilliance and yet some of the most boneheaded mistakes you could imagine. Just when I feel like they have a good drive going, Breno Giacomini gets a 15 yard penalty. Just when I think our defense stops a drive, we let them convert on a 3rd and freaking 15.

There have been losses that have still been fun. If we had lost the GB game it still would have been fun to watch. This last St. Louis game was excruciating 90% of the time. My blood pressure must have been unsafe.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• Love watching this team, win or lose. Obviously, the wins are more fun, but I enjoy it either way.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• MOCHawk wrote:I went in to the season thinking that game days would be absolutely amazing. I can't stand to watch. Undisciplined, terrible on 3rd down (both sides of the ball), predictable (run, run, pass, repeat), not blitzing on 3rd and long, not playing press coverage on 3rd and anything. All of this adds up to me being so frustrated that I can barely watch. Am I too emotionally invested?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52815

when 2 + 2 continues to add up to 4, at some point we must consider the answer indeed is 4... ;)

an onside kick to start the second half, 3 points down with best special teams in the league and the #4 arguably the #1 defense in the league, really? no other play book in the universe contains that call unde that circumstance, at some point you must consider you CONT call specific plays just to see if they indeed do not work, thats what practice is for

behaving in this manner is an indication of one of 2 things and one of 2 things only;

1. leadership doesn't want to win

2. leadership doesn't posses the skills required to win

please don't get me wrong I like Carrol and I want him to want to win it just appears that when he reached into his bag of tricks it was empty?
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• and I will always watch the game until officiating makes it unbearable, then theres high school ball
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• When they win, yes
    When they lose, depends lol
    Do I overreact to everything, DEFINITELY
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• I look at it this way. I enjoy the games. If they win, I'm gung-ho about watching football the rest of the weekend, Monday, and Thursday. If they lose, I avoid all NFL TV coverage like the plague.
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• I usually enjoy watching the games. But some of these frustrating road losses where we somehow snatch defeat from the jaws of victory just drive me crazy and cause me to lose sleep on Sunday night. Oh well its only a game I guess.
    edogg23
    NET Starter

• Absolutely, I love it
    Sandpoint Hawk
    NET Starter

• I only have fun when they win.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• If you don't have "fun" watching the Hawks, win or lose, you should probably find some other way to spend your time!
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

• I have enjoyed every single game since 1976-on the tv, in the stadium, even preseason. It is about the journey. Enjoy the journey. If you can't enjoy the journey, then just read the box scores Monday morning for the results. Every game, every play-win or lose. Love me some Seahawks! Go Seahawks!
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• oldhawkfan wrote:I have enjoyed every single game since 1976-on the tv, in the stadium, even preseason. It is about the journey. Enjoy the journey. If you can't enjoy the journey, then just read the box scores Monday morning for the results. Every game, every play-win or lose. Love me some Seahawks! Go Seahawks!

Words of wisdom from an elder.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Re: Do you have fun watching the Seahawks?
Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:09 pm
  • MOCHawk wrote:No, I have had this one for 35 years and think I will keep them. As you can see from the other comments, I'm not the only one frustrated. I think maybe my expectations are too high.

Yep. Your expectations at this point in time are too high. I don't know how you don't have fun watching this team develop. Unless you are expecting a deep playoff run and a SB appearance.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 pm
  • I have an unhealthy obsession with the Seattle Seahawks......

.....according to my girlfriend.
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:28 pm
  • I'm very happy when I see the defense take the field. They beat people up, and make outstanding plays, and are easily a top 10 unit -- closer to top 5 actually.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 am
  • I really enjoyed the Cowboys game. That game felt like everything was coming together. The Cardinals, Packers, and Rams games I enjoyed in places.

In terms of enjoyment: 2nd half of 2011 > 2012 > 1st half of 2011.

I'm okay with the passing offense not doing a ton, but it would really help if the team took a few more shots down the field and the defense stopped getting killed on 3rd and long.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• The most stressful, enjoyable, passive aggressive, aggressive, happy, disgruntled, cheering three hours of the week.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• I have fun watching the Seahawks
    Can you honestly say you didn't enjoy last week's game against GB??
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• I enjoy watching the game, I feel terrible when I dont get to watch the game for some reason, I always go with the mindset that they will win, or there will be good plays. It is hard for me to turn the TV off, if they are not doing well. I feel, they will do well soon and keep waiting, but there is no way I can give up watching the game. I already start waiting for the next one, as soon as the game on Sunday gets over.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

• I have fun, but I am often left in a very bad mood when they play poorly. It can just be so infuriating. This year has been especially tough at times because my expectations were high, and I disagree with how the team is handling some things. But ultimately I love it and that will never change.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• This isn't the 2009 Hawks where they were unbearable to watch. I've had so much fun since Pete took over though and this year isn't any different.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• It's always good entertainment. It is good versus evil, the little guy overcoming against the golden boy. It's a morality play. It is a rollercoaster. Feelings of pride, disgust, joy, anger, elation and sadness. My family thinks one day I am going to have a heart attack yelling at the TV screen. I thought I was having one at a Seahawks game when Burleson returned that 90+ yd punt against the Rams.

In the 80's I used to get into really foul moods after a loss and it would last most of the week. Then later, as I started looking at playoff possibilities, I would anguish over each loss that I felt the team should have won. I have gotten better at not taking the losses to heart. I also know to avoid this place after a loss for a couple of days. I do like reading the more level-headed folks view on the game to help ease my mind. Todd and Doug used to always talk me down.

I enjoy this team quite a bit but my expectations are now higher for the defense. Love the smashmouth style they have. I just want other teams and fans to know they have to bring their lunch pail when they play the Seahawks. I doubt that I will personally witness a Superbowl victory. Just doesn't seem to be in the cards. But no need to stop loving the game. NFLN and ESPN make it tough to love the game, since they make you view it in their myopic view of teams that count. But that is another story.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• no because we don't score points
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:no because we don't score points

Nothing is more frustrating than 3 and outs or giving up a first down on 3rd and 15.

I usually have fun (even when we lose).. if there are plays to cheer for. :th2thumbs:
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:06 am
  • taz291819 wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Can probably count the games I've enjoyed on one hand. But wouldn't change it for anything - can't beat the usual Sunday stress out.

This. And not to mention, this week really sucked having to listen to Mike Martz.

Do you two have less than 5 fingers? Because that's kind of sad if you can only get up to 2 or 3 fingers. ;)

And yes, I enjoy watching the Seahawks. I like those moments of anticipation - when anything and everything can happen and nothing feels final even after it happens. If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't watch because it is entertainment, and for the most part, I find it highly entertaining.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:19 am
  • drdiags wrote:It's always good entertainment. It is good versus evil, the little guy overcoming against the golden boy. It's a morality play. It is a rollercoaster. Feelings of pride, disgust, joy, anger, elation and sadness. My family thinks one day I am going to have a heart attack yelling at the TV screen. I thought I was having one at a Seahawks game when Burleson returned that 90+ yd punt against the Rams.

In the 80's I used to get into really foul moods after a loss and it would last most of the week. Then later, as I started looking at playoff possibilities, I would anguish over each loss that I felt the team should have won. I have gotten better at not taking the losses to heart. I also know to avoid this place after a loss for a couple of days. I do like reading the more level-headed folks view on the game to help ease my mind. Todd and Doug used to always talk me down.

I enjoy this team quite a bit but my expectations are now higher for the defense. Love the smashmouth style they have. I just want other teams and fans to know they have to bring their lunch pail when they play the Seahawks. I doubt that I will personally witness a Superbowl victory. Just doesn't seem to be in the cards. But no need to stop loving the game. NFLN and ESPN make it tough to love the game, since they make you view it in their myopic view of teams that count. But that is another story.

You know you're one of my favorite posters here Doc. But damn man, I'm pretty sure you're my age (just turned 56) so PLEASE don't say you think we'll never see a Super Bowl win for the Hawks. It's like a knife to the heart to see something like that. In my opinion, if we accept mediocrity, we are doomed to it for the rest of our time as fans of the team (which means the rest of our lives LOL).
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Next

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]