12th man vote: QB for game 5? (Bumped)

Who should be our QB next week vs the Panthers?

• Open this week's practice up to competition: best QB starts

Votes: 23 12.0%
  • DILFER! DILFER! DILFER! DILFER!

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Get Flynn in there now. Don't waste any more time with a rookie not delivering

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • I'm torn, but this is as much about WR as QB. Give the kid another start.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • 100% stick with Wilson. We're still 2-2 with him at the helm.

Votes: 86 45.0%

• Total voters

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I have no idea now........with the running game we have we should not be having this much trouble passing the ball. I mean we see 8 and 9 man fronts yet are still unable to pass the ball consistently.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The best player on the team is always the back up QB. I'm not making that mistake with Flynn like I did with Whitehurst. Wilson needso to get through the growing pains, and we need to grow with him.

Verndog

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2tp3fjso said:
Pretty sure we had a competition already.

Nope...it is not over and Carroll said it himself..."the competition continues"....and the score has clearly changed.

Pull the string on this move Pete, you will be no worse then last in passing will you??

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":am8e2whn said:
The best player on the team is always the back up QB. I'm not making that mistake with Flynn like I did with Whitehurst. Wilson needso to get through the growing pains, and we need to grow with him.

I'm in with Flynn for the next 4 games.....hopefully more. With just a bit of imagination, Wilson can still be a formidable weapon on this team whether starting or not. One good thing we've learned is that the kid will definitely serve as a quality back-up. That is a rare luxury that shouldn't be discounted.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
JSeahawks":1an4kzju said:
I'm not 100% sure Wilson is the best option anymore. But i am 100% sure that since we chose Wilson to start we now need to stick wtih him and let him grow regardless of growing pains.

^ This

^ That

and the other thing.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2te5glz5 said:
Except you don't know if it'll be a mistake because we have no idea how Flynn will perform in real games for us. Our defense is too good to throw away the season on the basis of growing pains. If were not going to have a winning season with Wilson then we can afford to develop him on the bench. Flynn is a 4 million per year contract we can't really afford to let sit at this current progress unless we improve soon.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sarlacc83":35iwkp7r said:

Yep.

And consider this. Even with a very bad statistical game this week, he's even at TD:INT ratio and win:loss ratio. To compare him to another rookie starting on a great defensive team, let's look at Joe Flacco through four games:

2-2 win-loss, 1 TD and 4 INT, with 192 yards passing his highest yardage in a game. Add in next weeks game, and he's 2-3, with 1 TD and 7 INT. I'd say Wilson is ahead of the power curve. Like it or not, he's our best, as well as our most experienced quarterback.

Oh, and he hasn't yet faced a defense outside the top ten rated in pass DVOA. He's done this against the #9, #7, #5, #6 DVOA pass defenses. But yes, it's a "charade".

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3k4p34wg said:
I'm not 100% sure Wilson is the best option anymore. But i am 100% sure that since we chose Wilson to start we now need to stick wtih him and let him grow regardless of growing pains.

32nd overall in passing.

It literally cannot get worse.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3fpe4b0n said:
Sarlacc83":3fpe4b0n said:

Yep.

And consider this. Even with a very bad statistical game this week, he's even at TD:INT ratio and win:loss ratio. To compare him to another rookie starting on a great defensive team, let's look at Joe Flacco through four games:

2-2 win-loss, 1 TD and 4 INT, with 192 yards passing his highest yardage in a game. Add in next weeks game, and he's 2-3, with 1 TD and 7 INT. I'd say Wilson is ahead of the power curve. Like it or not, he's our best, as well as our most experienced quarterback.

well i feel much better after reading that :roll:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1wpuws8z said:

No. He's not.

If Flynn comes in and stinks it up, ok.. we can say it's not the QB. But until he plays? You simply cannot say that.

Whitehurst played - he stunk it up - we learned quickly why he wasn't starting.

We're DEAD LAST in passing, how much worse can it get? Play Flynn. You paid him the money to come here, give him his shot. This is the best defense in franchise history and it's being ruined by one of the worst offenses in recent memory.

PLAY FLYNN.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The WORST defense we've played was #9 DVOA against the pass.

I'd almost be willing to give up a game to see Pete say "hey, screw it. Seattle, I'm putting Flynn in this week and this week only just to show you why Wilson's the quarterback." He won't do it because he's a nice guy, but if he did, I'd expect everyone here to be completely wowed at how experienced Flynn looked at taking sacks.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1xauhxr7 said:
We're DEAD LAST in passing, how much worse can it get?

0-4, 3 QB turnovers a game comes to mind.

Part of the reason we're dead last in passing is because we're also dead last in passing attempts.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":25lp2eol said:
Hasselbeck":25lp2eol said:

Part of the reason we're dead last in passing is because we're also dead last in passing attempts.

Well hell... we honestly should be 1-3, the refs literally gave us the win on Monday.

We're dead last in passing attempts because Bevell apparently doesn't believe enough in Wilson to open up the playbook.

That alone should scream something. Either Bevell needs to take the training wheels off Wilson, or make the change if Wilson can't handle the playbook. Period. End of story.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1a7ygcq8 said:
MontanaHawk05":1a7ygcq8 said:
Hasselbeck":1a7ygcq8 said:

Well hell... we honestly should be 1-3, the refs literally gave us the win on Monday.

We're dead last in passing attempts because Bevell apparently doesn't believe enough in Wilson to open up the playbook. .

If he doesnt believe in the guy that won the job, how do you think he feels about the guy that lost it?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1qyahcqi said:
MontanaHawk05":1qyahcqi said:
Hasselbeck":1qyahcqi said:

We're dead last in passing attempts because Bevell apparently doesn't believe enough in Wilson to open up the playbook.

That alone should scream something. Either Bevell needs to take the training wheels off Wilson, or make the change if Wilson can't handle the playbook. Period. End of story.

I don't think you really have any idea what the head coaches are thinking.

Verndog

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ev1u4zao said:
Hasselbeck":ev1u4zao said:

Amazing what epidemic 3 and outs will do to your passing attempts.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1zvcn6ad said:
If he doesnt believe in the guy that won the job, how do you think he feels about the guy that lost it?

Flynn never had the luxury of playing against 2nd/3rd stringers for the entire duration of preseason + the Chiefs defense without its 3 best players (which 4 weeks in looks like a laughing stock at FULL strength)..

Go ahead and hang onto the preseason all you want.. Once upon a time, Charlie Whitehurst was a preseason superstar too.

The best QB on this teams roster is the teams backup. And we're squandering an entire season because of it.

Subzero717

Reaction score
We are 2-2. I felt like Flynn was the better option immeditay following he game but that's because he didn't play. It's the back up qb syndrome. We have a rookie qb. Be realistic.

Latest posts