Dawgs in at 23 in AP: And my pac 12 Power rankings

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • Ducks still 2nd.
    USC 13
    OSU 14
    Stanford 18
    Washington 23
    UCLA 25

My power rankings woudl look like this:

Oregon
    Oregon St
    USC
    Arizona State
    UCLA
    Washington
    Stanford
    Arizona
    Cal
    Utah
    WSU
    Colorado
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• ahh ah muh gawdd lol
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Fixed it for you...

Oregon
    USC
    Washington
    Arizona State
    Oregon St
    UCLA
    Arizona
    Stanford
    Cal
    Utah
    Colorado
    WSU
    dutchcoug
    NET Starter

• UO
    SC, OS (tie)
    UA (much more complete team then they are getting credit for. O way better then anything Stanford has this year.)
    ASU
    UW
    SU
    UCLA
    UU
    Cal
    CU
    WSU
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• UW doesn't deserve to be ranked. I get that they are 3-1 and just beat the #8, but Stanford had no business being ranked that high and if you actually watch the games it's plainly evident that UW is a disaster on offense.

Good news for Oregon though. Just one more "ranked" team for them to destroy which helps further their case for entry in the title game.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• If Oregon goes undefeated they'd get in regardless
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• cesame wrote:If Oregon goes undefeated they'd get in regardless

Yep. Florida State looks like they may go undefeated if they can beat Florida. They do get to play at home for that one, but Oregon would have a tougher schedule.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

• kearly wrote:UW doesn't deserve to be ranked. I get that they are 3-1 and just beat the #8, but Stanford had no business being ranked that high and if you actually watch the games it's plainly evident that UW is a disaster on offense.

Good news for Oregon though. Just one more "ranked" team for them to destroy which helps further their case for entry in the title game.

True, but they deserve it. They win when they're suppose to; and get an upset every year at home. All while running the cleanest BCS program in the country (most likely).
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• FSU, IMO, will get in before Oregon. At this point, UO has to many self inflicted wounds, and at some point a team will take advantage of the generosity of UO. I don't see UO going undefeated, but I see them winning the Pac 12.

My hope is another Rose Bowl this year, then next year with 90% of the team back UO makes a run at a title.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Anyone who ranks Utah above 11 hasn't seen them play. I've watched every snap, and lent my presence to half of the games, and I can only describe this team as a community college intramural squad. I'm not sure what that would make Colorado, but one thing is for sure; the Rocky Mountain teams are in over their heads. The states of Utah and Colorado appreciate Larry Scott and the chance he has given us, but these teams would be middling in the MWC/WAC right now.
    Cadillac
    NET Rookie

• So what does that make the coogs? hehe

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:
    kearly wrote:UW doesn't deserve to be ranked. I get that they are 3-1 and just beat the #8, but Stanford had no business being ranked that high and if you actually watch the games it's plainly evident that UW is a disaster on offense.

True, but they deserve it. They win when they're suppose to; and get an upset every year at home. All while running the cleanest BCS program in the country (most likely).

That's a little Pollyanna dont you think? I'm not saying they're dirty or anything but I'm sure they're operating in some grey area's just like every other big time college football program, especially now that they have Tosh Lupoi on their staff.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• No Jseahawks, I heard the opposite. That the Huskies take the rules TOO literal, play it too safe, etc. It wasn't a veiled shot at your Ducks or anyone else; I dont mask such things.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:No Jseahawks, I heard the opposite. That the Huskies take the rules TOO literal, play it too safe, etc. It wasn't a veiled shot at your Ducks or anyone else; I dont mask such things.

Yea i know and didnt take it like that. I know youre a straight shooter. I just go by the mentality that i dont believe there are any truly clean programs in big time college sports. If they really are trying so hard to be clean, i would recommend trying to bend some rules.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:
    pehawk wrote:No Jseahawks, I heard the opposite. That the Huskies take the rules TOO literal, play it too safe, etc. It wasn't a veiled shot at your Ducks or anyone else; I dont mask such things.

Yea i know and didnt take it like that. I know youre a straight shooter. I just go by the mentality that i dont believe there are any truly clean programs in big time college sports. If they really are trying so hard to be clean, i would recommend trying to bend some rules.

I'm with ya on that. If true, they have to bend a tad to compete with the OSU Beavers of the world (that felt awesome to type). They need to get over the sanctions and potential Slick Rick scares, and play ball.

At the end of the day, the Dawgs cheated AND got a championship to show for it. That's what real programs do (there's the shot).
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Jerk. And, uh... Scoreboard.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• The Huskies can liberally bend some rules and still be the cleanest program around, just sayin'. :)
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Back on point, and getting over UW fans made up bs about UO. It seems the only reason the Pac 12 is any good right now is thanks to Lane Kiffin.

Lane Kiffin said six Pac-12 teams in the AP top 25 was "the result of us not nailing recruiting over the last five years." Keep it classy Lane, nothing like always putting your foot in your mouth.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• How are all those national championships treating the Ducks? I mean, you guys have so many I'm surprised there's still room in the rafters at Autzen!

I can post videos, too! A video the Ducks just... don't have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLJEwtZMr0Q
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• Hows that half a title (not even AP) treating UW? Everyone know Miami would have spanked the pups that year. Maybe you all can find another title to make up, where the Boise Tribune named UW champs. Oh and make another statue in honor of a racist coach. Nice touch UW.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:Hows that half a title (not even AP) treating UW? Everyone know Miami would have spanked the pups that year. Maybe you all can find another title to make up, where the Boise Tribune named UW champs. Oh and make another statue in honor of a racist coach. Nice touch UW.

boyyy stop
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• CodeWarrior wrote:How are all those national championships treating the Ducks? I mean, you guys have so many I'm surprised there's still room in the rafters at Autzen!

Ok Dallas 49er fan. You guys won a title decades ago. Congratulations. I'm surprised that video wasnt in black and white.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:
    CodeWarrior wrote:How are all those national championships treating the Ducks? I mean, you guys have so many I'm surprised there's still room in the rafters at Autzen!

Ok Dallas 49er fan. You guys won a title decades ago. Congratulations. I'm surprised that video wasnt in black and white.

Ha! Calling dawgs a has-been? Please. Oregon is a never was.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• And so it goes round and round and round. UW fans closely hold onto their past success, which is something to be proud of, like a child and his blanket. Oregon fans have acted like they are a big time program for almost twenty years, but the majority of that time Oregon fielded lazy teams, with no heart, no discipline and underachieved greatly. Now they truly are the national power with the genius coach they thought they were the past decade.

Per the argument of the last twenty years, there is literally no way Miami beats UW in 1991. None, watched a lot of both teams, and went back over the years and watched the games I could find some more. UW would roll Miami.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• I'll give Oregon credit for improving no doubt. Phil Knight's money buys them the means to win. Respect Chip and the way he goes about his business. As a general assessment I don't care for the fans but what Husky does?
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• Is this what you're looking for?
    1/2 title or not, I can go look at it any time I want.
    Yes, UW would have rolled Miami, just like they did in '94 in Miami.

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• lol hold on, is it OU vs. UW week?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I had to laugh at the Vegas line. UW is a 25 point dog. I don't disagree with it though.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

• Throwdown wrote:lol hold on, is it OU vs. UW week?

It is indeed. And, for some reason, Phil Knight gets to purchase Oregon at home for this game. I swear 13 out of the last 14 games have been in that ishthole, Oregon.

If the US needed an enema, the hose would go into Autzen.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• SEC FAN wrote:I had to laugh at the Vegas line. UW is a 25 point dog. I don't disagree with it though.

It does seem a bit low doesnt it? My prediction is 54-7. I'm not buying the amazing, new Washington defense. And with UW's offense I cant see them sustaining drives to keep Oregon off the field or scoring many points themselves. If the Huskies were healthy i'd probably say something like 38-28.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:
    SEC FAN wrote:I had to laugh at the Vegas line. UW is a 25 point dog. I don't disagree with it though.

It does seem a bit low doesnt it? My prediction is 54-7. I'm not buying the amazing, new Washington defense. And with UW's offense I cant see them sustaining drives to keep Oregon off the field or scoring many points themselves. If the Huskies were healthy i'd probably say something like 38-28.

C'mon, girl! It's rivalry week. Ask Phil to buy some vowels so you can talk isht! You going to let my enema joke stand, Akili?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    SEC FAN wrote:I had to laugh at the Vegas line. UW is a 25 point dog. I don't disagree with it though.

C'mon, girl! It's rivalry week. Ask Phil to buy some vowels so you can talk isht! You going to let my enema joke stand, Akili?

I just dont have the heart for it. Talking shit to Husky fans is like talking shit to a handicapped little sister.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Since 2000 the Dawgs have hosted the Ducks only FOUR times. WHY?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:Since 2000 the Dawgs have hosted the Ducks only FOUR times. WHY?

For the same reason UW is playing all their home games at the clink this year. Husky stadium sucks donkey balls.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Since 2000 the Dawgs have hosted the Ducks only FOUR times. WHY?

For the same reason UW is playing all their home games at the clink this year. Husky stadium sucks donkey balls.

Obviously you've never been to Husky Stadium.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Spounge84 wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:

Obviously you've never been to Husky Stadium.

I was there for every game during Seahawks stadium construction. Great location, crappy stadium. I expect the new Husky stadium to be beautiful though.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• The track made the visitors section just crap. Unlike Autzen or Clink, where there are no bad seats, Husky stadium had tons of bad seats. I'm actually excited to see the new stadium.

Oh and to answer you question without sarcasm pehawk, the Pac 10 scheduled games. When they went from missing a team yearly to not missing any some teams had to play at locations a couple extra times. UO had to go to WSU a bunch of extra times.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:I just dont have the heart for it. Talking shit to Husky fans is like talking shit to a handicapped little sister.

Every year I hate you for about a week.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• jkitsune wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I just dont have the heart for it. Talking shit to Husky fans is like talking shit to a handicapped little sister.

Every year I hate you for about a week.

A week?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Price has been anemic. I wonder if he's hurt or something(probably just the OL). I bet Brown would make a better game. At least he'd "stand" a better chance of staying upright on sack plays. Last game of the night, everyone (on the West Coast) wll be watching. Don't koog it, duks.

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Here is my view on the game.

First quarter UO jumps out to a 14-0 lead, it gets cut to 17-14 at the half. In the third UO does what it does, pulls away with UW D dragging ass on the field and UO O still going strong. UO sacks Price 8 times, and hits him 20+ times.

For those thinking UO dline isn't as good as Stanford on the UW side, your in for a shock. Maybe not as big, but a lot faster. And really starting a dling with two guys over 305, a DE 285 and another DE who plays a hybrid LB as well in Jordan at 250. UO will also shuffle in 5 guys every 4 plays to stay fresh, and this is huge as the game wears on. True FR Aric Armstead (5* rated higher then Shaq Thompson overall) and DeForest Buckner are getting better by the week and provide great play off the bench. Last year UW fans/media where shocked at just how good UO front 7 where, and this year they are better.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• This is embarassing for you guys. Bad enough that you (Husky fans... not you personally) rushed the field after beating an over rated crappy Stanford team in one fo the worst offensive games i've ever seen. But now somebody in your athletic department thought it deserved a Champions t'shirt?

Maybe if you can beat the point spread against the Ducks this weekend you can print out a bunch of these bad boys:

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Man, I hope the Ducks stomp the Fuskies.

Sincerely,

WSU Alum
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Stanford is looking like a Juggernaut on D. Only giving up 400 yards to Scott in under 3 quarters.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:This is embarassing for you guys. Bad enough that you (Husky fans... not you personally) rushed the field after beating an over rated crappy Stanford team in one fo the worst offensive games i've ever seen. But now somebody in your athletic department thought it deserved a Champions t'shirt?

Maybe if you can beat the point spread against the Ducks this weekend you can print out a bunch of these bad boys:

That is pathetic... Christ

But you guys still had that horrible "gotta get that natty" no one can top that corny ish
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I don't think they will, but I'd like the Huskies to win tonight in a shocker just so JSeahawks can stop pounding his Ducks drum for one week and remember what a joke that Oregon program was for many years. Humility is a trait you need to learn. There is enjoying your teams success and then there's being an unceasingly arrogant tool. You aren't winning these games, those players and coaches are. I think as a fan, talking smack is asinine. You haven't earned it, you're just along for the ride, just like all of us with the Hawks.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• seahawk2k wrote:I don't think they will, but I'd like the Huskies to win tonight in a shocker just so JSeahawks can stop pounding his Ducks drum for one week and remember what a joke that Oregon program was for many years. Humility is a trait you need to learn. There is enjoying your teams success and then there's being an unceasingly arrogant tool. You aren't winning these games, those players and coaches are. I think as a fan, talking smack is asinine. You haven't earned it, you're just along for the ride, just like all of us with the Hawks.

Oh relax. its not like i'm even talking smack, its just playin around and all in fun. And I expect to get it back about 10 times as bad once the Huskies do beat the Ducks. And then it will be even more fun. I like every single Husky fan on this board and i think 99% of them know that i'm just messin around and nothings serious.

What in the world is the point of being a fan if you cant enjoy when your team is good and have a little friendly smack with your biggest rivals? That would make sports pretty damn boring. And I would expect nothing less from Husky fan if they were dominating the Ducks yearly, as they used to do.

Btw, preaching to a Seahawks fan (which i'm much more of then a Ducks fan) about humility is rather amusing. I'm pretty sure we've had that lesson beaten into us a bunch of times.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I hate the ducks more than anyone, but I'm on Jseahawks side on this one. Its all in good fun.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Hope to God we beat the U of O JSeahawkses.... I mean Ducks...
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information