Rate my trade

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
Rate my trade
Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:49 pm
  • I just traded Michael Turner for Jason Witten and Mikel Leshoure. Here was my thinking.

I really needed a TE and I feel Witten is at the lowest value he will ever be. He was targeted a ton vs Seattle but uncharacteristically he dropped a ton of passes. If he gets back on track getting him is huge. I wanted Mikel Leshoure because he has the chance to be a supestar coming back from suspension. A really boom or bust acquisition. I also really wanted to trade away Michael Turner because if you look at his yards per carry they're terrible, and hes slow as hell. If the Falcons are smart they will start using him less, and I think they might. He does keep getting carries at the goaline though, which is his only real value.

So I hope my trade becomes a case of buying low and selling high. We shall see
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Re: Rate my trade
Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:51 pm
  • i like it, with the falcons superstar WRs/TEs stealing the show and turners regression it could end up paying off
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:54 pm
  • I think seeing what Turner is it was worth it. Both are risks, but Witten should be solid if he is healthy.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:36 pm
  • I like the trade. Who knows if Mikel will be any good, but if TE is a position of need Witten should gain ground on how he's been doing so far. Turner has declined, the coaching staff hasn't used him much, and while he does still pick up some TDs, the Falcons have so many other options that his relative burden in the offense is less.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:58 am
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:I just traded Michael Turner for Jason Witten and Mikel Leshoure. Here was my thinking.

I really needed a TE and I feel Witten is at the lowest value he will ever be. He was targeted a ton vs Seattle but uncharacteristically he dropped a ton of passes. If he gets back on track getting him is huge. I wanted Mikel Leshoure because he has the chance to be a supestar coming back from suspension. A really boom or bust acquisition. I also really wanted to trade away Michael Turner because if you look at his yards per carry they're terrible, and hes slow as hell. If the Falcons are smart they will start using him less, and I think they might. He does keep getting carries at the goaline though, which is his only real value.

So I hope my trade becomes a case of buying low and selling high. We shall see

You fleeced him as long as Leshoure stays healthy and out of trouble. Good trade.
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information