Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Can we please get some new owners for the M's? Please, I want to support them, but am really having a hard time with Lincoln at the helm.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3l0s0l2l said:
Can we please get some new owners for the M's? Please, I want to support them, but am really having a hard time with Lincoln at the helm.

They gotta sell first, and there's no sign of that happening anytime soon so screw em!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Wow! I never even considered that the Mariners may have aided Bennett with the expectations that it would lead to the Sonics leaving town.

This is disturbing. I hate them worse then any other franchise in sports. They are the enemy. I hope they fail forever.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Anyone remember a town hall type thing where team representatives from Seahawks and Mariners were invited and only the Seahawks showed up in support, and the Mariners didn't seem to give a rats ass? that thing that Seatown posted kinda brought back that memory for me.

JOz56

Reaction score
According to Softy, signatures for a public intiative to overturn the vote will be started on Monday funded by the Ms and others. According to Softy, this is coming at the direction one person with the Ms organization. And it’s not Chuck Armstrong.

It's been said before, but holy hell they are dead to me. How stupid do you have to be to pull something like this? What level of arrogance do you have to be at to be against what a majority of your fans want? Screw them.

chris98251

Reaction score
JOz56":2j433mly said:
According to Softy, signatures for a public intiative to overturn the vote will be started on Monday funded by the Ms and others. According to Softy, this is coming at the direction one person with the Ms organization. And it’s not Chuck Armstrong.

It's been said before, but holy hell they are dead to me. How stupid do you have to be to pull something like this? What level of arrogance do you have to be at to be against what a majority of your fans want? Screw them.

The fact that it's a person within the organazation and they won't come out publicly shows how coniving and chickenshit this whole attempt is and has been, going back to another post here I would not be surprised if they were involved in the sale of the Sonics to Bennett creating some kind of access or information to the lawsuit in his favor by possibly leaking the Slade Gordon information to their representation.

Oh if not Armstrong the who is left Howard Lincoln correct, thats the only other person with that much leverage outside the primary owner.

JOz56

Reaction score
It's sad that I now openly root against one of my childhood teams to fail miserably, but they have forced my hand. By jerking the fans around for the last decade and then this, they have shown themselves to be the enemy. And given the course of events that have happened, it wouldn't surprise me if they had a hand in originally ushering out the Sonics, which pisses me off even more.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3eranmnz said:
I hate Howard Lincoln more than ANY Seattle sports upper management figure ever. Not including the ones who tried/succeeded in moving teams (Bennett/Behring/Smulyen).

You left out Bud Selig. He stole our Seattle Pilots, had them make a right turn on their way back from spring training and not stop until they reached Milwaukee. Totally out of the blue, not one good Seattle-related reason for it. The other owners were so impressed they made him commissioner... What a bunch of putzes. Seattle sued MLB and got awarded the Mariners franchise.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I cant do it anymore, the Mariners need to go. YEP I said it, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! and don't make a stink about it, just LEAVE! Maybe we can put Safeco to better use than they ever could.

I can't do it anymore, I've put anything I owned that had Mariners on it in the trash, I hope they fail from here to eternity.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Throwdown":14qu7hd8 said:
I cant do it anymore, the Mariners need to go. YEP I said it, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! and don't make a stink about it, just LEAVE! Maybe we can put Safeco to better use than they ever could.

I can't do it anymore, I've put anything I owned that had Mariners on it in the trash, I hope they fail from here to eternity.
This is an absurd overreaction.

People need to get a grip and not hate a team or especially wish for it to move because of the actions of guys up top. If you can completely abandon all ties to a team because of the actions of the higher ups, it makes little sense that we're still so attached to the Sonics after Schultz and Bennett screwed the city. A team is bigger than the temporary suits, so let's get back to reality here.

DHawk

Reaction score
Wow... just when I thought I couldn't be more disappointed in the Mariners organization! Can we close the roof on Safeco for good and reconstruct the thing to support an NHL/NBA team? I'd prefer an attempt at that rather than watch the craptastic product the M's keep throwing out there.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Todays the day of one of the big days that we'll have in our journey to one day have the sonics back and that'll be a great day!!!!!!!!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pinksheets":lyk794it said:
Throwdown":lyk794it said:

People need to get a grip and not hate a team or especially wish for it to move because of the actions of guys up top. If you can completely abandon all ties to a team because of the actions of the higher ups, it makes little sense that we're still so attached to the Sonics after Schultz and Bennett screwed the city. A team is bigger than the temporary suits, so let's get back to reality here.
It might be an over-reaction by the poster by I clearly understand the frustration with the ass clown that is Howard Lincoln. I only go to a game if I get free seats, free parking, and dont spend a dime at the ballpark. Thats been my MO for the past 5 years. My motto was if the M's were having a hard time finding their wallet to bring top tier talent in, then I was going to have a hard time finding my waller to buy tix and team related mechandise.

Now after the crap that Lincoln is pulling trying to block the arena I wont go to a game until his is gone even if I have free tix.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":11qgd0f5 said:
pinksheets":11qgd0f5 said:
Throwdown":11qgd0f5 said:

It might be an over-reaction by the poster by I clearly understand the frustration with the ass clown that is Howard Lincoln. I only go to a game if I get free seats, free parking, and dont spend a dime at the ballpark. Thats been my MO for the past 5 years. My motto was if the M's were having a hard time finding their wallet to bring top tier talent in, then I was going to have a hard time finding my waller to buy tix and team related mechandise.

Now after the crap that Lincoln is pulling trying to block the arena I wont go to a game until his is gone even if I have free tix.
Oh no doubt. I'm all for people opting to boycott the Ms until new ownership takes over, I doubt I'll go that far, but it's a perfectly reasonable response to their actions (I'd actually advise boycotting their sponsors and telling them why you're doing so). However, I think a line gets crossed when someone declares they're forever done with the team and wish to see them relocate. At that point you're putting your anger and frustration ahead of the hearts of the fans of that team. Whether they suck or not, some people grew up with the Ms as their team, some people grew up idolizing Mariner players, and I'm one of them. Luckily the actual Bring Back Our Sonics and Arena movements aren't going all Taliban on the Ms, because that'd be a disastrous tactic. Let Lincoln and his cronies be the only ones willing to pit their interests against those of the community, let them be the villains. I get the anger, I feel it too, but let's be the adults, we have been throughout this entire process.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Arena vote passed, only two that voted no were the suspects we were counting on to say no

Licata and Conlin both said no.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Throwdown":1zns7uly said:
Arena vote passed, only two that voted no were the suspects we were counting on to say no

Licata and Conlin both said no.

F 'em!!

It passed! :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:

pinksheets

Reaction score
If you live within the city limits of Seattle, which I will soon, make sure to vote against Conlin and Licata whenever the chance arises.