Our Friend BESTFIGHTSTORY Stabbed and Recovering

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
  • "Pain heals, chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever!"

Dietrich
    NET Starter

• Hello my fellow 12th Man and thank you for the 5 pages of

I am BFS/Leif's younger brother. I am sitting in the hospital right now.

here is the story - Leif was at a bar in downtown minneapolis watching the vikings packers game. there was the usual banter between opposing fans and nothing much was happening, late in the game it became more intense and a vikes and pack fan started getting more heated and leif stepped in and separated them, the bartender told each party to go to separate ends of the bar and the groups were separated, leif later made eye contact with the packer fan and he (pack fan) motioned with a head nod to meet him outside, since leif was the peacemaker and had no beef with the guy and was the one who separated the two leif figured the guy just wanted to have a smoke and apologize and make peace, leif went outside and the guy had his back turned and leif said "what's up" and the guy turned around and stabbed him in the lower left-side of his abdomen, leif initially thought he was punched and then looked down and realized the guy stabbed him, he said to the guy "are you serious?! you f'n stabbed me?!" he then stumbled back into the bar and doesnt remember much from there.

he is very very lucky, the wound missed his intestines, kidney, liver everything, the stab actually knicked but didnt sever his intestine, had it cut it, he could have suffered septic poisoning, the doctors had to cut him open and squeeze his internal organs to check for punctures and leakage so he is also experiencing pain from that too, there is about a 12 inch incision from below his belly button to his zyphoid.

leif is in a lot of pain, he is doing much better today but by no means is in the clear, they switched up his meds and they seem to be working much more today, he can speak more clear and his thoughts seem to be more coherent, it is not pretty and he is expected to be in here 3-7 days.

i'm sure he will hop on at some point to update everyone more but that is the story and the status update for now.

Again, thank you to everyone for the concern. Myself, our family, and Leif greatly appreciate it.

Go Seahawks!
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• FargoHawk wrote:Hello my fellow 12th Man and thank you for the 5 pages of

I am BFS/Leif's younger brother. I am sitting in the hospital right now.

here is the story - Leif was at a bar in downtown minneapolis watching the vikings packers game. there was the usual banter between opposing fans and nothing much was happening, late in the game it became more intense and a vikes and pack fan started getting more heated and leif stepped in and separated them, the bartender told each party to go to separate ends of the bar and the groups were separated, leif later made eye contact with the packer fan and he (pack fan) motioned with a head nod to meet him outside, since leif was the peacemaker and had no beef with the guy and was the one who separated the two leif figured the guy just wanted to have a smoke and apologize and make peace, leif went outside and the guy had his back turned and leif said "what's up" and the guy turned around and stabbed him in the lower left-side of his abdomen, leif initially thought he was punched and then looked down and realized the guy stabbed him, he said to the guy "are you serious?! you f'n stabbed me?!" he then stumbled back into the bar and doesnt remember much from there.

he is very very lucky, the wound missed his intestines, kidney, liver everything, the stab actually knicked but didnt sever his intestine, had it cut it, he could have suffered septic poisoning, the doctors had to cut him open and squeeze his internal organs to check for punctures and leakage so he is also experiencing pain from that too, there is about a 12 inch incision from below his belly button to his zyphoid.

leif is in a lot of pain, he is doing much better today but by no means is in the clear, they switched up his meds and they seem to be working much more today, he can speak more clear and his thoughts seem to be more coherent, it is not pretty and he is expected to be in here 3-7 days.

i'm sure he will hop on at some point to update everyone more but that is the story and the status update for now.

Again, thank you to everyone for the concern. Myself, our family, and Leif greatly appreciate it.

Go Seahawks!

Thanks for the update bro, give him all our love. I'll be printing out and sending this to the hospital tomorrow, so watch for a package arriving around Friday for him.
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• Wow Fargo thanks.....

Ive spent several occasions with your bro, the last being in SF this year and as I prepare to leave for Thailand tomorrow morning my thoughts and prayers are with my pal Lief....

Get well quick my friend, and I will be in touch from Asia.

Rob

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Get well soon, and don't forget to ask Santa for a flak jacket for Christmas.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Thanks Fargo. Give Leif my regards (but no hug, yet.).

Having the info as to what actually happened helps on this end. Gee, I've always respected Packer fans.....oh well. I hope he at least "glittered" the guy.
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

• They need to ring this loser up on attempted murder charges.

The guy basically "Sucker Stabbed" him and could have killed him.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Did they catch him DOm?

"You hear a little girl Frankie?"
    KINGGRUMPY
    ** SSGT GRUMPY ** USAF BadAss

• KINGGRUMPY wrote:Did they catch him DOm?

From what his friend James (Josh Brown) txt'd me, yes. The guy admitted to doing it.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• SeatownJay wrote:Get well soon, and don't forget to ask Santa for a flak jacket for Christmas.

I got an extra bulletproof vest I can send him! lol

KINGGRUMPY

• KINGGRUMPY wrote:Did they catch him DOm?

yes, and bail has not been set.
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• FargoHawk wrote:
    KINGGRUMPY wrote:Did they catch him DOm?

yes, and bail has not been set.

Good, Did they charge him yet?

KINGGRUMPY

• Fargo, Leif and I have hung out a few times, most recently in San Francisco. He walks to the beat of his own drum, which I admire immensely, and I am proud to be his friend. Please tell him that for me. I am glad you are there with him.

Peace.

-M
    Last edited by MysterMatt on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Yikes, sounds like a very close call. Thanks for the update Fargo.

Not to make light of the situation. But I think it's safe to say that the Packers just jumped up a good deal on Leif's list of most hated teams. Getting spit in the face by a Niner fan made me dispise their whole lot a good deal more. Couldn't imagine getting stabbed.

Again Leif, my man. Get well dude. I'm sure you can't wait to get to your next Hawks game, and I look forward to seeing you at one soon. But make sure you take care of yourself, first thing. As we've learned from our Hawks, it doesn't help to come back if you're not fully healed. We need you at 100%!
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

• BFS,

Get well soon. You are missed around here.
    PortlandSeahawk
    NET Practice Squad

• Can we get the name of the Defendant or the case number? That would let us follow the case online.
    We want the ball and we're gonna score.
    LawHawk
    NET Veteran

• LawHawk wrote:Can we get the name of the Defendant or the case number? That would let us follow the case online.

The guy has not yet been arraigned. The detective expects him to be charged with assault with a deadly weapon and assault causing great bodily harm. the detective estimates bail to be set at 50-100k.

we think the case number may be this 09-315089
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Thanks for the backstory and update, Fargo.

A Packers fan!?! I've been fortunate enough, I guess, to meet only decent ones, but that guy should be cleaning the bathroom stalls of that bar for the next five years with his tongue for what he did, the idiot.

Glad to hear you are on the mend, Leif, and hope to see you again when you are fit to travel!
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

• Tech Worlds wrote:They need to ring this loser up on attempted murder charges.

CORRECT.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• This incident really pisses me off. People like that Packer fan always get what is coming to them.

I'm personally in the middle of a felony assault in the first degree case where I am the victim. It can be a scary process and it is for sure a long process but in the end the guy will get what is coming to him and that is prison/somones biatch.

Support from your friends and family is the best cure during your rough time, and as you can see BFS your Seahawks online family is always behind you and always here when you need anything.

Get well soon man :thirishdrinkers:
    hawksnfcsbest
    NET Rookie

• I am not familiar with the laws in Minnesota, is there a reason why they are not going after him for attempted murder? Do the two charges amount to a longer prison sentence?
    My hair is a banshee, your argument is invalid.

http://www.seahawknation.net
    prelag
    NET Veteran

• Get well soon. It sucks when this happens to someone just trying to do the right thing.
    The Poster Formerly Known As NoVAHawk
    CityHawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• prelag wrote:I am not familiar with the laws in Minnesota, is there a reason why they are not going after him for attempted murder? Do the two charges amount to a longer prison sentence?

Isn't assault 1 the same thing as attempted murder?
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Hope your feeling better, BFS! That is freakin horrible man.
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present

• This completely changes the urgency of kicking some Packer butt on Dec. 27.
    Get well soon BFS!
    TyrantHawk
    NET Rookie

• SmokinHawk wrote:
    prelag wrote:I am not familiar with the laws in Minnesota, is there a reason why they are not going after him for attempted murder? Do the two charges amount to a longer prison sentence?

Isn't assault 1 the same thing as attempted murder?

Assault in the first degree is not a lesser-included offense of attempted murder in the second degree.

prelag
    NET Veteran

• This is according to Washington State law.

If you used an imitation weapon(improvised):10-15 years

Aggravated:Only 5-10 you'll be out in no time(jk,have fun in prison)

If the assault turns into an attempted murder:25-LIFE

Lets hope he gets 25-LIFE!

prelag
    NET Veteran

• Get well soon BFS!

We need ya back on here!
    "12's, they're bringing the trophy home." - Steve Raible
    seahawksfan28
    NET Veteran

• BFS - I don't know thee, but get well soon!
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• Get better BFS! i'm sure you when you're back there will be a Welcome Back FBS post in the spirit of Happy Friday waiting for you in the Shack....Right mods?
    fav13259
    NET Rookie

• get well soon.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Godspeed in your recovery BFS...

Sending you 'good karma' from Middle Tennessee..
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Starter

• My friend it seems impossible it hasn't even been a year since we stood on the sidewalk outside Temple Billiards and gabbed. The wife and I felt we were blessed to be at that spot at that time so we could meet. A couple of seconds either way and we'd only be internet friends as opposed to meeting and talking.

Had that happen with Dr. Diags too. Always seems much more personal when you've met people face to face. I've been lucky to have met a large number of our posters through the years, its a blessing for sure.

Get well pal and get back out here so you can show us your scars.

Les
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Hopefully Leif won't mind me sharing the pic of his glory scar. I'm wondering if it was a boy or a girl

Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• RockHawk wrote:Hopefully Leif won't mind me sharing the pic of his glory scar. I'm wondering if it was a boy or a girl

Sexy. [...]
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Always been more of a lurker than a poster...but this brought me out of the woodwork. Hope you get back on your feet soon BFS. I truly hope they make an example out of the piece of trash that did this to you. Take care dude.
    fifty9fan
    NET Bench Warmer

• That IS a best fight story my man. Get well soon .
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

• Wow.

Get well soon Leif.
    palatypus
    NET Veteran

• Get well soon.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

• I just noticed this post tonight and I'm absolutely shocked... I'm so sorry to hear about this..... Too bad we couldn't all line up in front of this coward one on one (all of us .Netters and your friends) and do what is needed to accomplish justice... I hope he totally gets what he deserves!! Get well soon Leif, you're certainly in our Thoughts and Prayers!!
    Looking For That One Particular Habor....
    Hawkboi
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

• DAMN! Get well quick, BFS! I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

That's one badass looking scar. Don't watch the SF - StL highlights, you'll bust a gut.

Take care, man.
    Rufus
    NET Rookie

• I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you BFS. My thoughts are with you as your recover. Hopefully we'll finally be able to meet when the Hawks come to town in November.
    We have not come here by chance. I do not believe in chance. I do not see coincidence,
    I see providence. I see purpose. I believe it our fate to be here. It is our destiny.
    BBlades89
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Get well. Hopefully you at least get an attractive nurse to comfort you :)
    You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

Dan Birdwell
    beehawk46
    NET Starter

• Wow Leif seeing that scar It is unbelievable that your insides weren't more tore up than they were. Defenitely had someone watching over you my friend. Glad to hear your making progress and look forward to more adventures with you to come.
    YaktownHawK
    NET Veteran

• Thanks for the details on the incident, Fargo. It sounds a lot more premeditated than it did at first to me. I was picturing two guys fighting...BFS steps in trying to tear them away from each other and is caught between them...a knife comes out from somewhere and BFS gets stabbed. More chaotic is what I was thinking. The incident Fargo describes is not even a fight. The guy lured BFS outside and then surprised him with a sudden knife in the gut.

I don't see how that isn't attempted murder. I don't know the law so maybe I am way off base, but could the DA be going for the two charges he feels most confident of winning and therefore securing jail time for this guy?

Anyway...let me say again to rest up and get well, BFS. That scar is the definition of wicked.
    Inkdaub
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Get well soon, BFS.
    BobcatHawk
    NET Starter

• Damn man, Hope you get better soon. I like reading your posts around here!
    wormy1077
    NET Rookie

• I didn't do it!!! I swear!!!

I can't stand BestFightStory, but I would never wish harm come to him. Hope he fully recovers as our issues are merely in the realm of stupid crap that doesn't really matter at the end of the day (politics/social issues).
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

• Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery Leif. Thanks for the update fargo. Some here are saying this is some excuse to hate the Packers and their fans... Really? This is just some drunk criminal asshole that happened to be wearing a Packer jersey. It's the same as the fan of some other team painting all Seahawks fans as jerks because some moron Seahawk fan threw a beer on him at Qwest. Every team has asshole fans. Just a fact of humanity. Anyways, looking forward to seeing you post again BFS! Take care buddy. Bill

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]

Information