EPL 2012-2013

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Smurf":1t6kmjku said:
Don't be a dumb ass and think that his unhappiness is an isolated one time incident. 6 months after he got to Madrid he was linked to a return to Old Trafford.

The dude is not as in love with Madrid as he thought he was.

Well your reason almost seems like you jumped to that conclusion from the first second you've heard of that. My reason is, at least to an extent, plausible.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":20ab31r2 said:
gatehawk, do you never tire of making such an arse out of yourself?

I don't know do you guys ever get tired of trying to make what I say sound like I'm talking out of my ass?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
While we're on the subject of the international break I might add my 2 cents worth. The South American qualification process is awesome. Every game is huge. These last 2 games that England have played have meant jack all. They were always going to thump Moldova and I'm sure that both England and Ukraine will be content with a draw as they'll both qualify from the group anyway. England now has games against San Marino, Poland, and Montenegro to come. The Poland game could mean something, but the others are pretty much exercises in not playing down to a lesser nation. I would be much more enthusiatic about international breaks if the games were more appealing. I like to theorise about possible improvements to sporting competitions, and the European World Cup Qualification is ripe for improvement.

There are currently13 teams that make it through to the World Cup, beginning with 53 teams in 9 groups. I think it would be far better if, similar to the FA Cup the top, say, 12 teams get a free pass for the first round while the other 41 play in 8 groups of 5 or 6 with the top 2 from each group meeting the top-ranked sides in 7 groups of 4 until the final 13 emerge.

That way there could still be international breaks but they could be spent playing games against Holland, Germany, France etc which would surely make for more competitive, match hardened, European sides at the World Cup itself. It'd probably make matches more meaningful for the likes of Moldova too.

Despite being a keen England supporter, I had absolutely no inclination to watch the 2 friendlies during the week. My main interest in these first round games games is hoping that a)Spurs players don't get injured and b) Roy Hodgson gets the sack..

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I honestly think they could do without the International Break being 3 weeks into the season. Players always seem to get hurt during this break, mainly if they play for Arsenal. I got a bit freaked when I heard about Diaby's knock, but now it's looking like a really minor. Then there's players like RvP, who the team they play for really needs them to stay healthy. We're taking Van Gaal at his word about him, but this is the Van Persie everyone was expecting to show up all of last season, and now it's Man U's turn to bite their nails to the nub hoping he stays healthy, if he is healthy, at least until Rooney's fit again.

Smurf

Reaction score
United could just play without a striker like Arsenal are trying to do.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2cgqcrin said:
Liverpool FC= Notre Dame football

Discuss...

:lol:

It's quite a good comparison actually. But for that equaliser today, Liverpool would've been in the bottom three. Even after four games, that is pretty shocking. And Liverpool won't be down there in 10-15 games time, but it's going to be a real test of the owners resolve if results keep up like this. How invested are they in the Rodgers project? You know - the Liverpool fans didn't much like the last lot of American owners. This lot running the club now are getting away with murder. What a terrible job so far - and if there's anyone who'll take Liverpool to new depths, it'll be these guys.

As for Arsenal - they might not have any trophies, they may only have six against Southampton, but never doubt Wenger knows what he's doing.

And the best bit of my day? Having the freedom to hammer QPR/Chelsea/Premier League/football on my radio show over that farce of a handshake drama today. What the hell? They even had commentators on national radio disecting who was shaking hands with who, who wasn't, which player patted John Terry on the back. FFS - grow up. Embarassing. Thank god for Chance Warmack restoring my faith in sport.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Arsenal are looking more and more for real each week. The next 2 weeks are definitely gonna tell us if they are going to contend this year in the Premier League. But I have no doubt in my mind that they can and should win a trophy this year.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Good showing by QPR against Chelsea. Cesar is clearly an upgrade over Green. Now they just have to find a striker who knows how to find the net.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
1-0 up at half time but this game should be out of sight. We've missed 3 or 4 great chances (The Sun et al will no doubt be claiming that these were all the fault of AVB tomorrow) and been moving the ball around nicely. Just need to be ruthless. Obviously, I really hope that these missed chances won't come back to bite us in the arse.

Storts

Reaction score
Fantastic performance from us to kick start our season. Vertonghen and Dembele were absolutely superb and Dembele's partnership with Sandro had a great start. Defoe took his goals well although still don't like him up front on his own.

Hopefully we can kick on now anyway, COYS.

Latest posts