Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

Msfann

Reaction score
Breaking news on king 5 news on kong saying an arena deal has been reached!

Wiseguy

Reaction score
http://t.co/78pmAHzZ

Step forward, Hansen is doing all he can to get this done. Please dont F this up council/ M's. If i was Hansen I dobt't know if I would put up with all the crap. This guy wants a team back in Seattle and is doing all he can to make it happen. Now it is Seattle's time to do the same.

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Sept 17th looks like it might be judgement day for the arena.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Msfann":fkix5jyd said:
Breaking news on king 5 news on kong saying an arena deal has been reached!
Nice.

Super excited...

Now a request for SonicHawk... can you edit your post so it doesn't stretch my browser. Love the post though. ^_^

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2zn1n7e4 said:
Sorry about that, it was retweeted by King 5 so I figured it was legit
Sweet my sour mood after yesterdays trainwreck went from bad to great in a hurry. Make it official city council! Bring back the Supes and bring the NHL to SEATTLE, DO IT! :)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":2kyfg289 said:
RolandDeschain":2kyfg289 said:
Hopefully the information they're going to share soon is that they're making some Jim Jones Kool-Aid for themselves.

I think only about 15 percent of this board will understand that Gunslinger.

Lol - well, it transcended age to an extent, I thought; I mean, I know what it is/means and I'm 29.

Also, another link confirming the good news: http://mynorthwest.com/?sid=735316&nid=11

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm pretty stoked. It will be awesome to have 2 more loser franchises in Seattle for me to make fun of :D . Not counting the Seahawks of course!!

It will definatly be fun to have the Sonics back. As a Blazer fan I miss the rivalry.

Reaction score
Fantastic!!! Sonics back in place, and very excited for the NHL to come to town!

Who at this point in time (since things are always changing) is the most likely candidate to move here and become the Sonics? Still the Kings? And when would that happen?

soohawk

Reaction score
Congratulations!

its pretty sweet this thing actually passed and is going to happen. after all the delays and extra this and that, its nice to see a guy like chris hansen get to play out his vision and bring back a pro sports venue capable of hosting basketball and hockey. so now seattle is going to get all sorts of opportunities to showcase that new building. as soon as the sonics come back, we get the all star game. as soon as the hockey team relocates or is created for us, another all star game. the ncaa march madness tournament has regional tournament brackets to start it out, one of these years it can be up in seattle in a beautiful new building.

man im actually way happier now that im thinking about this. do it like the vmac for training facilities and all that so its top of the line for the nba with all the bells and whistles (hard to out class cuban in this regard but somewhere in the ball park would be excellent). great facilities help keep players and attract others (all other things considered being equal). to be able to create from blue print exactly what you want for sight lines, architecture, regional/cultural appeal.

canzag

Reaction score
So cool to see.Hansen for governor of Washington.I would say the Kings are the most likely to locate but we will see.Seems like more troubled franchises in the NHL but Coyotes,Islanders,Panthers and Bluejackets would be the leading contenders.