POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?

Who would you start at QB vs Dallas?

• Russell Wilson

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • Matt Flynn

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Josh Portis (added for PeHawks satisfaction).

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
I am starting Wilson but i've seen some of the board start to turn on him a little bit.

Its fair to wonder what Flynn could do. I'm just curious to see what .NET feels about the situation.

I'm thinking Russell is smart enough to fix his mistakes (albeit he is a rookie) and come out looking even better next weekend. Maybe the rest of the team helps him out a little on offense too...

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Anybody that votes for Flynn does not have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind, either in the short term or long term. Teams do not make changes at the quarterback AFTER ONE GAME.

Rainger

Reaction score
Ask what OC you want you will get a better representation. RW could only do what his OC game plan gave him. He did not block, he did not drop the passes. He did not allow Kolb to look like a Franchise QB.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Wilson is a rookie and if you decide to start a rookie, like we have, then you can't yank him just when the maturation process starts. We have to get through his learning curve. If you have this poll because of yesterday then the whole damn team needs to be polled because Wilson was not nearly the main reason we lost. Hey I'm a Flynn guy and I see that.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I also was/am a Flynn guy, but I'm totally all in for Wilson. He played a good game out there, not great but good none the less. He drove us down the field and gave us a chance to win. To say that switching the QB now is a good idea, is just silly.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1bs75u2v said:
Anybody that votes for Flynn does not have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind, either in the short term or long term. Teams do not make changes at the quarterback AFTER ONE GAME.

There's something about this that I don't like. I voted for RW, but I don't think anyone who doesn't is against the team. I think it would hurt RW's development to take him out. But I think the team (and I'm going on the last sentence of your remark here) overall, sometimes benefits from change. And I know most camps would sacrifice one for the good of many. I still agree that we have to let RW play it out.

Davehawk

Reaction score
Wilson all the way, i'm in with him for the entire year. Nothing I saw yesterday gave me pause as to who I think we should start. I'm still excited for the rest of the year and especially for next game when Dallas gets to come to our house!

1-1 here we come!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RW looked like a rookie with promise playing his first NFL start. I think we were all a bit too caught up in the RW lovefest during the preaseason. We set ourselves up. Reality has arrived and reality dictates that most rookies will struggle their first year. No need to bench the kid yet. How fantastic did the precious Andrew Luck look yesterday? If memories serves, not all that great. Yet I doubt Colts fans are considering benching him.

I forgot how fun Knee-Jerk Mondays were during the NFL season.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
KARAVARUS":a3q98zwk said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":a3q98zwk said:

There's something about this that I don't like. I voted for RW, but I don't think anyone who doesn't is against the team. I think it would hurt RW's development to take him out. But I think the team (and I'm going on the last sentence of your remark here) overall, sometimes benefits from change. And I know most camps would sacrifice one for the good of many. I still agree that we have to let RW play it out.

Not "against the team" but "doesn't have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind," whether intentionally or not. It's a bad, bad decision to pull him after one game. So bad it shouldn't even be a point of discussion. And pulling him in a knee-jerk reaction like that would certainly be to the detriment of the organization and to Wilson in both long and short run. Kind of like over-correcting a car. You certainly aren't against your own safety, but what you're doing is certainly not in your best interest.

12thMode":a3q98zwk said:
I'm sorry, but with that O Line I don't think Flynn would have done any better...probably even worse.

Wilson's agility and mobility saved a number of sacks, and the sacks he took were ones where he was given about one second in the crumbling pocket. He also scrambled a number of times and salvaged a couple of yards from an almost-sack. Flynn doesn't have half that mobility. It would be an almost-guarantee Flynn would have done far worse in the pocket, at least where sacks are concerned.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I voted Wilson without reservation. Give him (and the team) a chance for redemption at home.

BUT

If we lose again, AND Wilson looks like a high upside rookie at the start of his learning curve with poor ball placement again....

THEN

I will definitely lobby for Flynn to start vs Green Bay on Monday Night Football.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":19ngxzi9 said:
KARAVARUS":19ngxzi9 said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":19ngxzi9 said:

Not "against the team" but "doesn't have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind," whether intentionally or not. It's a bad, bad decision to pull him after one game. So bad it shouldn't even be a point of discussion. And pulling him in a knee-jerk reaction like that would certainly be to the detriment of the organization and to Wilson in both long and short run. Kind of like over-correcting a car. You certainly aren't against your own safety, but what you're doing is certainly not in your best interest.

12thMode":19ngxzi9 said:
I'm sorry, but with that O Line I don't think Flynn would have done any better...probably even worse.

Wilson's agility and mobility saved a number of sacks, and the sacks he took were ones where he was given about one second in the crumbling pocket. He also scrambled a number of times and salvaged a couple of yards from an almost-sack. Flynn doesn't have half that mobility. It would be an almost-guarantee Flynn would have done far worse in the pocket, at least where sacks are concerned.

The counterpoint here is Flynn has more experience in the NFL and would have been more adept/enabled to go to audibles/hot reads and burn AZ for their blitzes. I don't think AZ would have been as aggressive with their scheme.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Wilson, you cannot turn back now unless you're absolutely sure that its okay to risk the future of Wilson for Flynn and you're sure Flynn can play better then do you.

But changing QB's just for the sake of changing QB's I can't get behind it.

OP
OP
H

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1glni6fg said:
I voted Wilson without reservation. Give him (and the team) a chance for redemption at home.

BUT

If we lose again, AND Wilson looks like a high upside rookie at the start of his learning curve with poor ball placement again....

THEN

I will definitely lobby for Flynn to start vs Green Bay on Monday Night Football.

Think of how upset Flynn is going to be watching the Pack roll into Seattle for a MNF, and chillin' here on the bench.
That is not going to be a fun night for him when he thinks "why the hell did I sign in Seattle again"?

I mean, Russell deserved the job.. just sayin'.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Sailor - I don't think I made my point very well. I wasn't even speaking of OUR situatuon per-say. I just mean in general. But speaking to that point, since that is what we're talking about. IF the call was made to switch to Flynn, (which I agree, would be ridiculous at this juncture) I don't think it hurts the team as much as it hurts Wilson and his progress. Keep in mind, my personal opinion is to stick with RW for the entire season, barring injury. I just feel like we can't put absolutes on things like that. It is, afterall, an opinio--if one believes Flynn would be a better choice for week 2.

So with that said, I was just trying to say that if you're of the opinion that Flynn would be better now, I don't feel like it's because they don't have the best interest of the team in mind. And also, it would mean I am glad they are only an armchair coach, because that would be a terrible decision. ;)

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Aros":3u4jf920 said:
RW looked like a rookie with promise playing his first NFL start. I think we were all a bit too caught up in the RW lovefest during the preaseason. We set ourselves up. Reality has arrived and reality dictates that most rookies will struggle their first year. No need to bench the kid yet. How fantastic did the precious Andrew Luck look yesterday? If memories serves, not all that great. Yet I doubt Colts fans are considering benching him.

I forgot how fun Knee-Jerk Mondays were during the NFL season.

:13: I approve this message ...

Penman96

Reaction score
Looking for something to do...so I just wanted to see what was the last topic on the last page on this board.

How things have changed in a couple season eh?