Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Special Finance Commitee meeting scheduled for the 13th. Arena plans gotta be outta their hands before a vote can happen.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
SeaTown81":33snv5v7 said:
http://publicola.com/2012/09/06/ready-to-green-light-the-arena-deal/

We’ll file this under the “gossip” portion of “Caffeinated News & Gossip,” but city council sources tell us they’ve heard there are five votes lining up to green light the arena deal. (The council needs five votes to approve the deal.)

Hell yeah baby! :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Seattle Arena Plan
‏@ArenaSeattle
Reports say that city council has reached deal with Hansen's group. Stay turned for more details, official announcement may come today.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is the point where you hope they have all the bases covered, we don't want no Pre mature exhilaration to happen and some group step up and want additional clauses thrown in.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2i0idke6 said:
Seattle Arena Plan
‏@ArenaSeattle
Reports say that city council has reached deal with Hansen's group. Stay turned for more details, official announcement may come today.

Just want to point out that this isn't the official Hansen group twitter & instead just a deceiving fan account. It annoys me that whoever runs it doesn't go out of their way to make it more obvious. Pointing this out so people don't get confused like before.

What's happened is that Mitch today said on his show that he's hearing that a deal is basically agreed upon. That they just need to dot the i's and cross the t's. That an announcement could come as soon as today, but more likely sometime next week. Hansen and the City both have said today that nothing has been agreed upon. But all signs are looking good. Mitch has been on point on this thing. So I take it to mean something. Fingers crossed.

Sounds like we're getting real close. We can't let up though. Keep emailing & calling the city council members! It's the final minutes of the 4th qtr. Close out time!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
SeaTown81":ikbazgdl said:
AbsolutNET":ikbazgdl said:
Seattle Arena Plan
‏@ArenaSeattle

Just want to point out that this isn't the official Hansen group twitter & instead just a deceiving fan account. It annoys me that whoever runs it doesn't go out of their way to make it more obvious. Pointing this out so people don't get confused like before.

What's happened is that Mitch today said on his show that he's hearing that a deal is basically agreed upon. That they just need to dot the i's and cross the t's. That an announcement could come as soon as today, but more likely sometime next week. Hansen and the City both have said today that nothing has been agreed upon. But all signs are looking good. Mitch has been on point on this thing. So I take it to mean something. Fingers crossed.

Sounds like we're getting real close. We can't let up though. Keep emailing & calling the city council members! It's the final minutes of the 4th qtr. Close out time!

Get er done!!!! :179422:

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Sorry about that, it was retweeted by King 5 so I figured it was legit

chris98251

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1gkp4vax said:
Sorry about that, it was retweeted by King 5 so I figured it was legit

Oh I am sure it's legit, but where a lot of things can get up is when someone wants to add another I and or T at the last minute. It's not done till it's done, remember these are politicians were talking about. You can only trust them if they benefit from something.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hopefully the information they're going to share soon is that they're making some Jim Jones Kool-Aid for themselves.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2dtq0rpi said:
Hopefully the information they're going to share soon is that they're making some Jim Jones Kool-Aid for themselves.

I think only about 15 percent of this board will understand that Gunslinger.