Any EWU fans on here?

SE174

Reaction score
I'm about as die hard an EWU fan as I am a Hawks fan. EWU's potential this year feels just about as high as Seattle's. We won the National Championship in 2010, and looked to repeat last year, but injuries killed us. We lost 14 starters throughout the season, with 3 of them being OL within the first 3 weeks. Because of that, we have a ton of depth, and all the players have one goal on their mind: our second National Championship.

We have a potential NFL QB in SMU transfer Kyle Padron (6'4, 225), throwing to a bevy of potential NFL WRs. Brandon Kaufman (6'5, 215), Nick Edwards (6'3, 200), and Greg Herd (6'3, 200) all have had a 1000+ yard season in the last 3 years: Kaufman in 2010 (1214 yds, 15 TDs), and both Edwards (1250 yds, 19 TDs) and Herd (1022 yds, 7 TDs) this last year.

We've got a pretty tough schedule to start the season, as we play 3 straight on the road, the first two against FBS competition in Idaho and Wazzu. We should beat Idaho, and might hang tough with Wazzu, it really depends on where our defense is at. Anyways, here's a link to the best write-up/preview I've found if you're not an EWU fan but would like to follow along with a kick ass local team. Gonna be a great year! GO EAGS!

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/4724

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
Jake Hawks":36wr8lvy said:
Wildcats 4 life. Why is EWU playing the Cougs?
Weber fan?

Why wouldn't they? Close by, and an easier game than say Cal or WVU.

One FBS down, one to go! :twisted:

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2suxwlmy said:
SE174":2suxwlmy said:
Maelstrom787":2suxwlmy said:
I hate EWU.

Blue Hens for life.

20-19. :thcoffee:

;)

:th2thumbs:

Andre Bo Levi Copenhagen Mitchell in the CFL and Devlin in the NFL--just isn't right.

Did Devlin survive the final cuts in Miami?

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Im not as much of a EWU fan as much as I am a Beau Baldwin fan. I was a trainer at CWU before, during, and after Baldwins short stint at CWU. That guy is one of the most amazing coaches I have ever seen (and a amazing person also). He took CWU from D2 GNAC contender to POWERHOUSE in 1 year. CWU's Next coach (Bennette) rode Baldwins recruits and system for the next 2 years (one of which they were ranked #1 in all of D2) before Baldwins recruiting class was gone. Baldwin then went on to coach EWU to the national championship. This was not a coincedence! Baldwin is legit and I would not be supprised to see him coaching in D1 or even the NFL in the future.

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
Wiseguy":3p6ixtfq said:
Im not as much of a EWU fan as much as I am a Beau Baldwin fan. I was a trainer at CWU before, during, and after Baldwins short stint at CWU. That guy is one of the most amazing coaches I have ever seen (and a amazing person also). He took CWU from D2 GNAC contender to POWERHOUSE in 1 year. CWU's Next coach (Bennette) rode Baldwins recruits and system for the next 2 years (one of which they were ranked #1 in all of D2) before Baldwins recruiting class was gone. Baldwin then went on to coach EWU to the national championship. This was not a coincedence! Baldwin is legit and I would not be supprised to see him coaching in D1 or even the NFL in the future.

Agreed. He's one hell of a coach and a great person... we Eagle fans knows we have a good one, and I hope we can keep him for many years to come. Unfortunately, he'll probably be offered a HC gig at a major program in the not so distant future.

20 minutes till game time... BEAT THE COUGS!!!! LET'S GO!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Anyone have a TV Provider login that i can use to stream the game. I have Dish and dont get pac-12 network and need a provider login to watch the game. Please PM with your info so i can watch. PLeeeeaaaasssseeeeee

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1pcsxkyy said:
EWU almost pulled it off. Blocked XP was crucical.

Indeed. Could've kicked a 49 yard FG to tie it. F*CK #20 with the illegal hit that took out our #3 WR Greg Herd.

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
Well, just past the halfway point in the season, and we're 5-1. Likely ranked #1 or #2 this week after a bunch top 10 teams lost. Only loss is a 4pt setback to the Cougs. Our defense is very similar to our 2010 National Championship defense... they give up yards, but don't break, and are very opportunistic. Same with special teams. Two weeks ago we had a 99 yard KOR TD to spark the rout of North Dakota. This week, a blocked punt for a TD, followed by a pick 6 by our RS freshman safety only a minute later to effectively seal the deal in an upset of #2 and previously undefeated Montana State. Still lots left to correct and improve on, but if we can get it all together before the playoffs, this could be another special year similar to 2010. GO EAGS!!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Grew up in Spokane, attended Eastern for one year (75-76) and my two nieces both graduated from there last year so yeah, I root for them. Good shot at another national championship this year for sure.

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
Final four in the FCS playoffs after putting 51 points on Illinois State's #23 ranked defense. Go Eagles!