Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Who to start week one?
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:43 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 am
Posts: 326
Location: The Adventure of CLink
Ok, So I picked up Payton Manning in the 5th round and then was able to pick up R. Wilson in the later rounds. Who should I start week one?

P Manning at home vs PIT
RW away vs AZ

I am leaning towards Manning, but at the same time Wilson might break out, but I guess a lot of that depends if Lynch plays or not.

Thoughts?

_________________
The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who to start week one?
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:52 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 am
Posts: 692
That's a tough one beings Steelers were the 2nd best team against QB's last season. I just don't think you can start RW over Manning before seeing how he does in a regular game yet. Starting RW is a huge gamble but could pay off big also. I'd probably have to go with the vet for week 1 and see how they both do, especially if your weak anywhere else and QB pts are really important to you winning this week.

_________________
"If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who to start week one?
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:28 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 am
Posts: 326
Location: The Adventure of CLink
Good call..pretty much what I was thinking too. Heres to Manning!

_________________
The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who to start week one?
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:18 am 
* NET Hottie *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm
Posts: 2116
I am debating whether to play Aaron Rogers vs SF or stick in Jay Cutler vs Ind.
Cutler seems to have a much better match up and I feel this could be a break out year for him getting Marshall back to throw to.
Nice issue to have. I think I drafted very well for QB this year. :)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who to start week one?
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:40 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:41 pm
Posts: 5692
Seahwkgal wrote:
I am debating whether to play Aaron Rogers vs SF or stick in Jay Cutler vs Ind.
Cutler seems to have a much better match up and I feel this could be a break out year for him getting Marshall back to throw to.
Nice issue to have. I think I drafted very well for QB this year. :)


Weird..I have those same 2 QBs and the same quandry. I think Im going to go with Rogers though...

_________________
“If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who to start week one?
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:15 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: Hagerstown, MD
My week one quandry is who to start as my flex player, Pierre Garcon or Darrius Heyward-Bey.

_________________
Image
You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who to start week one?
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:49 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm
Posts: 2987
12thMode wrote:
Ok, So I picked up Payton Manning in the 5th round and then was able to pick up R. Wilson in the later rounds. Who should I start week one?

P Manning at home vs PIT
RW away vs AZ

I am leaning towards Manning, but at the same time Wilson might break out, but I guess a lot of that depends if Lynch plays or not.

Thoughts?


Peyton at home. Pittsburgh D is still overrated in my opinion and they are without Ryan Clark due to the sickle cell. That'd be the safe thing anyways. But Russell probably has more upside with the chance he goes for a few long runs.

Seahwkgal wrote:
I am debating whether to play Aaron Rogers vs SF or stick in Jay Cutler vs Ind.
Cutler seems to have a much better match up and I feel this could be a break out year for him getting Marshall back to throw to.
Nice issue to have. I think I drafted very well for QB this year. :)


Aaron. Even though it is SF, he should play all the way through the game. Chicago will probably jump to a quick lead and quit throwing. And it's Aaron Rodgers haha.

SeatownJay wrote:
My week one quandry is who to start as my flex player, Pierre Garcon or Darrius Heyward-Bey.


Garcon! Shootout in New Orleans! Even if RGIII is a rook, I'd take him over DHB. Both so inconsistent it's tough to say what'll actually happen. I'm starting Garcon in one league though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who to start week one?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:04 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 327
Location: LA
the only team that i won with this week was the one i had wilson starting.... damn u matt stafford and micheal vick!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who to start week one?
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm
Posts: 2987
JKent82 wrote:
12thMode wrote:
Ok, So I picked up Payton Manning in the 5th round and then was able to pick up R. Wilson in the later rounds. Who should I start week one?

P Manning at home vs PIT
RW away vs AZ

I am leaning towards Manning, but at the same time Wilson might break out, but I guess a lot of that depends if Lynch plays or not.

Thoughts?


Peyton at home. Pittsburgh D is still overrated in my opinion and they are without Ryan Clark due to the sickle cell. That'd be the safe thing anyways. But Russell probably has more upside with the chance he goes for a few long runs.

Seahwkgal wrote:
I am debating whether to play Aaron Rogers vs SF or stick in Jay Cutler vs Ind.
Cutler seems to have a much better match up and I feel this could be a break out year for him getting Marshall back to throw to.
Nice issue to have. I think I drafted very well for QB this year. :)


Aaron. Even though it is SF, he should play all the way through the game. Chicago will probably jump to a quick lead and quit throwing. And it's Aaron Rodgers haha.

SeatownJay wrote:
My week one quandry is who to start as my flex player, Pierre Garcon or Darrius Heyward-Bey.


Garcon! Shootout in New Orleans! Even if RGIII is a rook, I'd take him over DHB. Both so inconsistent it's tough to say what'll actually happen. I'm starting Garcon in one league though.


Woo batting 1.000!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.