Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Post subject: Who to start week one?
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:43 pm 
NET Starter

Ok, So I picked up Payton Manning in the 5th round and then was able to pick up R. Wilson in the later rounds. Who should I start week one?

P Manning at home vs PIT
RW away vs AZ

I am leaning towards Manning, but at the same time Wilson might break out, but I guess a lot of that depends if Lynch plays or not.

Thoughts?

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!

Post subject: Re: Who to start week one?
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:52 pm 
NET Veteran

That's a tough one beings Steelers were the 2nd best team against QB's last season. I just don't think you can start RW over Manning before seeing how he does in a regular game yet. Starting RW is a huge gamble but could pay off big also. I'd probably have to go with the vet for week 1 and see how they both do, especially if your weak anywhere else and QB pts are really important to you winning this week.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:28 am 
NET Starter

Good call..pretty much what I was thinking too. Heres to Manning!

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:18 am 
* NET Hottie *

I am debating whether to play Aaron Rogers vs SF or stick in Jay Cutler vs Ind.
Cutler seems to have a much better match up and I feel this could be a break out year for him getting Marshall back to throw to.
Nice issue to have. I think I drafted very well for QB this year. :)

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:40 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Seahwkgal wrote:
Cutler seems to have a much better match up and I feel this could be a break out year for him getting Marshall back to throw to.

Weird..I have those same 2 QBs and the same quandry. I think Im going to go with Rogers though...

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:15 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

My week one quandry is who to start as my flex player, Pierre Garcon or Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:49 pm 
NET Veteran

12thMode wrote:
Ok, So I picked up Payton Manning in the 5th round and then was able to pick up R. Wilson in the later rounds. Who should I start week one?

P Manning at home vs PIT
RW away vs AZ

I am leaning towards Manning, but at the same time Wilson might break out, but I guess a lot of that depends if Lynch plays or not.

Thoughts?

Peyton at home. Pittsburgh D is still overrated in my opinion and they are without Ryan Clark due to the sickle cell. That'd be the safe thing anyways. But Russell probably has more upside with the chance he goes for a few long runs.

Seahwkgal wrote:

Aaron. Even though it is SF, he should play all the way through the game. Chicago will probably jump to a quick lead and quit throwing. And it's Aaron Rodgers haha.

SeatownJay wrote:
My week one quandry is who to start as my flex player, Pierre Garcon or Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Garcon! Shootout in New Orleans! Even if RGIII is a rook, I'd take him over DHB. Both so inconsistent it's tough to say what'll actually happen. I'm starting Garcon in one league though.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:04 pm 
NET Starter

the only team that i won with this week was the one i had wilson starting.... damn u matt stafford and micheal vick!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:39 pm 
NET Veteran

JKent82 wrote:
12thMode wrote:

P Manning at home vs PIT
RW away vs AZ

Thoughts?

Peyton at home. Pittsburgh D is still overrated in my opinion and they are without Ryan Clark due to the sickle cell. That'd be the safe thing anyways. But Russell probably has more upside with the chance he goes for a few long runs.

Seahwkgal wrote:

Aaron. Even though it is SF, he should play all the way through the game. Chicago will probably jump to a quick lead and quit throwing. And it's Aaron Rodgers haha.

SeatownJay wrote:

Garcon! Shootout in New Orleans! Even if RGIII is a rook, I'd take him over DHB. Both so inconsistent it's tough to say what'll actually happen. I'm starting Garcon in one league though.

Woo batting 1.000!

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]