Thoughts on trade/add

JKent82

Reaction score
Okay so there's my roster.
Roster
Torrey Smith is available and on waivers. I rather like Torrey Smith this year and would very much like to have him. But I can't figure out who to drop. I mean the obvious would be drop David Wilson I guess, but I really like him as well. And I care more about RB's than a 5th or so receiver.

However I offered some trades that hopefully aren't lopsidedly not good trades to try and clear roster space.

Trade 1

I recieve:
WR Jordy Nelson
TE Aaron Hernandez
WR Michael Crabtree

I give up:
WR Julio Jones
TE Jermaine Gresham
RB Darren Sproles
WR Antonio Brown

Trade 2
Recieve:
Fred Davis
Sidney Rice

Give up:
Jermaine Gresham
Dwayne Bowe

I don't know if anybody would really wanna give up the drop off of a solid-Elite TE for a bit of a question mark. But thoughts on this? I'd pick up Smith if the first trade went through, the second one I'd have to choose between Sidney and Torrey.

Edit: My bad! Haha can't believe I put that on the main forum on accident, that's what happens with 3 .net tabs open all the time.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I saw this on the main forum and thought "What the crap??? The ravens released Torrey Smith? Have they lost their minds??"

Damn you OP. Got my hopes up

OP
OP
JKent82

JKent82

Reaction score
God it even looked like big seahawks news, practically bait and switch.

My bad... But hey my random fantasy football league is important to everyone right?

jkitsune

Reaction score
Is this a PPR league? A keeper league? If it's a PPR or gives points for returns, or both, Darren Sproles is pretty valuable. I question the wisdom of giving up a top-flight wideout in Jones, a good TE in Gresham, and a valuable RB/flex in Sproles, along with a flier on Brown, to receive a very good to top-flight wideout in Nelson, a good TE in a heavily-saturated passing attack where he may not receive as many targets as Gresham, and Michael Crabtree, who comes with all of his inherent question marks.

The second trade doesn't accomplish your goal of freeing up roster space and Sidney Rice is probably not going to produce like Dwayne Bowe. Gresham and Davis seems like a wash, though I'm generally leery of Redskins in general, and having a rookie QB doesn't change that for me.

I don't get why you wouldn't just drop Wilson for Smith in this case.

USChawk

Reaction score
Is there 6 teams in your league??? How is Torrey Smith available?

Bakergirl

Reaction score
USChawk":1w55c61u said:
Is there 6 teams in your league??? How is Torrey Smith available?

Yeah I was gonna say this guy has to be in a 8 person league tops...I play in a 16 player league where practically no one is available.

suppaball

Reaction score
I have Lynch, Cuttler, Wilson, and Martin on my teem as well. But I said frakk it and started Wilson. Also in trade 2 I have Fread Davis and Sid.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
That'd be simple for me. I just straight drop Pierre Garcon and add Torrey Smith. He'll be much much better over the course of the entire year.

dunceface

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":80ihatjc said:
That'd be simple for me. I just straight drop Pierre Garcon and add Torrey Smith. He'll be much much better over the course of the entire year.
This.

OP
OP
JKent82

JKent82

Reaction score
10 man league, no PPR. Someone dropped him for Mark Sanchez, for whatever reason I don't know.

While I hate dropping a sleeper back like Wilson, I think that's what I'm gonna do.

I really like Pierre this year as well, he had some huge games getting the ball thrown to him by Curtis Painter. Course he'll probably be inconsistent as hell but whatever.

The reasoning on the one trade is that I really like Aaron Hernandez, think that Nelson is only a bit below Julio, and I for whatever reason really don't like Sproles. But how could I pass him up in the late fifth...

Thanks for the advice guys!

nategreat

Reaction score
Don't drop Garçon, he's gonna have a GREAT year this year in my opinion. To me, I would maybe drop David Wilson. But you are already pretty solid at WR and if you value RB like me you might as well keep Wilson's potential locked up. And I would definitely NOT go through with either of those trades.

Veilside

Reaction score
As much as I like Jordy Nelson, that first trade is horrible for you. Julio, Sproles and Brown are easy points every week. I would not consider Crabtree in that same realm and Hernandez could see his looks decrease due to Lloyd.

As others have pointed out the 2nd still doesn't free up space to get TSmith but I like the trade anyways mostly because your getting Fred Davis and Rice and Bowe should be about even if they both stay healthy.

If I were you I would do the 2nd trade and drop Wilson(RB) for TSmith. Your team is so stacked at RB and WR that you can afford to go for the better player. Besides if Lynch or Mcfadden go down you still have Sproles to start and still have good flex options. Your team is stacked, enjoy it.

OP
OP
JKent82

JKent82

Reaction score
Ended up just dropping David Wilson for Torrey. I figure if team gets needy they might happen to hand me a TE, or somebody will break out. I've got plenty to sit on haha.