Madden 13...

Throwdown

Reaction score
After some quick research, there is A LOT of buzz about this problem, lots of demands for a patch, lets hope EA listens.

I wish 2k could make football games, their system for numbering on NBA 2k is beautiful, retired numbers aren't even an option.

Snohomie

Reaction score
EA needs to allow custom rosters in CCM/patch in 2011's franchise mode.

Even if you don't allow created players, at least let us edit your craptactular ratings.

Happy

Reaction score
Just sat down and played it last night.

wow, you guys are right. Franchise mode is broken and so is the running game. Marshawn consistently getting trucked in the open field by safeties? Bitch please. Someone breathes on the running back and he goes down like a sack of potatoes. Weak.

The new graphics are cool and everything, but this is going back to the store.

Cadillac

Reaction score
It's certainly the best Madden of the decade, IMO, but there are things that they DEFINITELY need to work out. Braylon's catch rating had might as well be zero. I have the same problem where the ball will just hit him in the hands and he drops it, with no one near him. It's pathetic. I also have a fumbling problem. I "cover" the ball, but nothing works. I also drop 10x more interceptions than my opposition, but then again I pick off an average 4 per game in ranked matches. Damage control by the AI? Lame.

Here's some of the BS I've experienced:

2vnjbpf

52q76

2s7i2jd

Blitzer88

Reaction score
So far from what all you and I have said, things that need to be patched or adjusted in some way are:
1. Receivers actually catching the dang ball.
2. Ability to actually run the ball and not crumble at first contact.
3. Customize rosters within Connected Careers.
4. O-line blocking.

Cadillac

Reaction score
muxpux":3bgsnjkb said:
lol @6 fumbles by wilson. there had better be a patch...

You're telling me. That was the SAME GAME AS THE 7 DROPS!!!!

And I only lost by a touchdown. So frustrating.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
been playing it now for a while now and lynch seams to me to be a fumble machine. the thing that bugs me the most is u get to a circle where the ball
is going to be to catch with your wide recievers and hitt the catch button and they just stand there and do nothing. man that pisses me off. also the
contract negotiations kam won't resign because i offered him a contract 5 yrs 4 mill a shot. that would put him as one of the highest paid safties in the
the league he wants 6 and a half mill. also i think the xp thing is broken have used it for 2 yrs now and guys rating are at the same lvls. also to go with
bs u can use the xp and not get the lvl up on the skill.

the only thing redeming is i drafted a wr with the 14th pick in the first round will he did get the #80 he is straight balling. 50 catches for 1000 yrds with
russ throwing him the ball also 10 tds with 8 more weeks to go.

the running is ok but i have to pitch alot with lynch. and jump when im going threw the line some times. its a 1000 scouting points a week and 2000 in the
offseason. not sure if i like the scouting or not it seems ok if your a team like are team that just need specific positions. also i have lost unger they don't
have his new contract on there. sucky thing too is they haven't fixed the damn glitches or pauses in game play after 5 hours of play god that is annoying.
god ea after i swore after 12 i would never buy one again. they have some major fixing and patching to do and if last year is any indication. of what is
going to happen there we are sooooooooooooooooo screwed.

jhawk91

Reaction score
I'm playing as a QB in connected careers for the Hawks and Lynch is getting stuffed just about every play. I did notice if you use the line shift it seems to help somewhat but still its pretty bad when Lynch is getting
5 yds a game

mistaowen

Reaction score
Overall, I think it is the best Madden they've made in years. We got force fed the same game for about 6 straight years with minor changes and 'tweaks' to gameplay. I like the new physics engine but it def can use some work and I hope will be better by next Madden. The realism they added is nice and I like the control in passing. Graphics look amazing too.

Throwing into coverage results in a pick more often than previous games, which was a huge issue I had. Even if I was dominating the other person, I'd end the game with 10 'pass deflections' which were mostly drops and should be pick sixes. So far through three online games I intercept most bad passes. It also seems like if you start running too soon before the ball gets to you as a WR you drop it, which didn't happen in previous years. That is probably more realistic as well since the WR is looking downfield in real life as he runs away from the ball and has a greater chance to mess up.

I'm trying to figure out how to get Red out of the game on passing downs and just sub in Irvin without messing up the whole defense, but I'll get there lol I want to play Wilson but Flynn is much better at this point before the roster updates.

Biggest complaint now is the lack of 'franchise mode.' I went in with the coach mode which is supposed to be similar and just didn't enjoy it. I mostly play online but at college two years ago one of my roommates and I would play multiple franchises and I loved the fantasy draft part. I don't like how you have to be online to have any form of a franchise mode with friends, since it is laggier than offline modes.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Anyone who's had a good go at CC (coach) care to review the scouting system/Draft? It's the only reason I'll buy/not buy this.

TravTex

Reaction score
Huh, I haven't had much problem with the actual gameplay. Been putting together a pretty good power run game with the Hawks. Drops are annoying, but I haven't seen them stand out so much as being that one or two times a game when a ball hits an idiot in the hands... which happens. Turnovers haven't been a huge problem, either. 'Course, I'm not a hardcore gamer, All-Pro for me.

I can run an annoying effective dink 'n dunk offense, though. Think I drove some people crazy with the Texans last year with my four or five minute 80 yard drives, ha ha.

Throwdown

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":16kqtqhu said:
Anyone who's had a good go at CC (coach) care to review the scouting system/Draft? It's the only reason I'll buy/not buy this.

Welllll because franchise/coach mode are the only reasons I buy the game, I'd say its different but its cool. You can learn a lot more, more quickly about players. They show you scheme fit and all that good stuff as well which is cool to me. You use the points you earned the previous week to scout, gives you incentive to play, because the more points you get, the more you learn about players. I loooooooooove the way the draft is set up, you get tweets n stuff from media members on the side about what you and other teams around the league are doing. My only beef is I cant edit the players so they look stupid, a receiver with no gloves? what thee eff? and you can't edit their numbers, so if a player has #80 and you're the Seahawks or 49ers you are screwed, I fixed my problem and traded the tight end i had an issue with when it came to #80.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Its just certain things you accomplish during the game like throw for 250 yards or hold the opposition to under 200yards.

Snohomie

Reaction score
TravTex":2rztzpjl said:
Huh, I haven't had much problem with the actual gameplay. Been putting together a pretty good power run game with the Hawks. Drops are annoying, but I haven't seen them stand out so much as being that one or two times a game when a ball hits an idiot in the hands... which happens. Turnovers haven't been a huge problem, either. 'Course, I'm not a hardcore gamer, All-Pro for me.

I can run an annoying effective dink 'n dunk offense, though. Think I drove some people crazy with the Texans last year with my four or five minute 80 yard drives, ha ha.

Haha, unlike NBA, we run similar Madden offenses. I'm using the Texans playbook with my Titans CCM.

I've had really mixed results with the running game. I have two "franchises", Titans and Hawks. In theory, both should be able to run fine. I did okay with Seattle in the 3 games I've played on All Pro, no slider changes. Pretty inconsistent run game performance, but overall it did okay.

But I could not run with the Titans, at all. I finally broke down and tweaked the slides to make the RB break more tackles and the line not doom me on 80% of the snaps (one game I actually kept track on my tablet. 16 of 21 runs I was hit before I could take 2 steps with the ball). Using the control pad to adjust blocking seems to help, as does not turbo'ing right away.

But the drops and picks are driving me nuts. I can handle most of the interceptions, except I throw 4 bad passes and get 2 picks, and the computer throws 8 and gets 1. That's annoying, but that's All-Pro for you. The drops is inexcusable, though. 7 drops in the fricking first quarter last night. I'm about to change that slider too... and I hate changing sliders.

Just to clarify what Throwdown said, I believe you get XP (which you use to improve your player/coach) for achievements like passing yards, but scouting points depend on your "type" of coach - Motivation/Strategist get 1000 points, the GM one gets 2000 points. You can buy an upgrade with your coach's XP, though. Just had to make it clear.\\

Mistowen/anyone - can two friends play on the same team (even if online), on one PS3?

Vance87

Reaction score
Bought it about a week ago, first Madden I've played in about 10 years.

First game ever, I put a sixty burger on the 49ers playing as the Texans, on Pro level.

I play the same game again, this time on All-Pro, and damned if I didn't throw 6 picks and receive a beatdown by 30 points.

There's gotta be a middle ground...?!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Vance87":2euubhdm said:
Bought it about a week ago, first Madden I've played in about 10 years.

First game ever, I put a sixty burger on the 49ers playing as the Texans, on Pro level.

I play the same game again, this time on All-Pro, and damned if I didn't throw 6 picks and receive a beatdown by 30 points.

There's gotta be a middle ground...?!

"pro"

TravTex

Reaction score
Weirdism:

I keep picking 'Undrafted' as my background, but when I go to look at my player card, I'm drafted in the first round. Undrafted, late draft pick, high draft pick, doesn't matter. First round. No player lock cam is -really- stupid, just to restate that.