EPL 2012-2013

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2e37a43o said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2e37a43o said:
By the way... spoke to a manager yesterday and apparently the Swansea players wanted Laudrup out almost as soon as he arrived. Didn't click at all... a few protests within the squad etc. Now have a 100% record, scored eight goals and conceded none. I'm working on their next game on Tuesday.

Do you know why they didn't like him? Was he too arrogant? Demanding? Foreign? Still better at football than the players? They certainly seem to have responded well over the past couple of months, one way or another. They certainly seem to have a more than adequate replacement for Sigurdsson in Michu.

I got a feeling that their opinion of him is changing.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Gatehawk":ayerphle said:
Hawkspur":ayerphle said:
theENGLISHseahawk":ayerphle said:
By the way... spoke to a manager yesterday and apparently the Swansea players wanted Laudrup out almost as soon as he arrived. Didn't click at all... a few protests within the squad etc. Now have a 100% record, scored eight goals and conceded none. I'm working on their next game on Tuesday.

Do you know why they didn't like him? Was he too arrogant? Demanding? Foreign? Still better at football than the players? They certainly seem to have responded well over the past couple of months, one way or another. They certainly seem to have a more than adequate replacement for Sigurdsson in Michu.

I got a feeling that their opinion of him is changing.

Well, if they still want him sacked they're going about it the wrong way.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1c0edlr1 said:
Think Spurs'll get Llorente or not?

Lloris perhaps. I think if we spend over £20m on anyone it'll be Moutinho. But as we've never spent over £20m on anyone before I'm not holding my breath on that one.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I don't know where this came from but people on twitter are saying Arsenal have submitted a Loan bid for Michael Essien.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Gatehawk":kifd6yg7 said:
I don't know where this came from but people on twitter are saying Arsenal have submitted a Loan bid for Michael Essien.

Bearing in mind that about 90% of football rumours on Twitter are posted my people on the wind up, he can't even beat Mikel into the team at the moment. A change of scene might do him good.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2tz7qat8 said:
Gatehawk":2tz7qat8 said:

Bearing in mind that about 90% of football rumours on Twitter are posted my people on the wind up, he can't even beat Mikel into the team at the moment. A change of scene might do him good.

I don't really believe this rumor myself. If any Chelsea player would be on his way to Arsenal I'd prefer it to be Benayoun.

Smurf

Reaction score
Van Der Vart out of Spurs for $10 million to Hamburg.

Charlie Adam to Stoke for $4 Million.

Sinclair from swansea to Man City (fee not known, I'd guess 3-7million).

Kieran Richardson from Sunderland to Fulham

Berbatov going to either Fulham or Spurs.

Aston Villa have stepped into the Clint Dempsey situation. Choices are now Liverpool and Villa. Villa offering 7 million.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":l6mxh5jt said:
Villa have ended their interest because Dempsey wants to play for Liverpool.

Moutinho to Spurs for 22 mil. That's a hell of a buy, Spur. Supposedly Maicon to City.

Also, Lloris is on his way to England, with Spurs the likely destination. Crazy.

If these deals all go through it's going to be epic. AVB has, by all accounts, been persistant in his insistance on acquiring Moutinho. Likewise Lloris. Both rumoured prices are phenomenal if they are true. £22m + 4 for Moutinho and £9m for Lloris. Bookies are also paying even money on us getting Llorente, although I think this is unlikely. Berbatov would be an odd return but would make a lot of sense as a stop gap. He's one hell of a footballer too. It's a shame to see Rafa gone, but I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier. Dos Santos has been sold to Mallorca.

Maicon to City is a great deal for Spurs as well. Go Bale!

Come on Levy! Get'er done!

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Looks like Gaston Ramirez could be joining Southampton after all.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ryan Babel to Ajax!!!!!! (just kidding... i mean he did sign for Ajax, i just dont care).

Michael Bastos with Kieran Richardson (and Berbatov) to Fulham... surely Dempsey to Liverpool now?

The Lloris thing is a mess Spur... very bad talk about Levy from the French side.

City with Maicon and Sinclair (whom I rate) and Nigel De Jong off to AC Milan.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1p9fkcel said:
Ryan Babel to Ajax!!!!!! (just kidding... i mean he did sign for Ajax, i just dont care).

Michael Bastos with Kieran Richardson (and Berbatov) to Fulham... surely Dempsey to Liverpool now?

The Lloris thing is a mess Spur... very bad talk about Levy from the French side.

City with Maicon and Sinclair (whom I rate) and Nigel De Jong off to AC Milan.

Just heard to Liverpool might be hijacking the move for Bastos.

Re: Lloris - I don't think Levy is someone who makes friend's making deals. However, the quotes coming out of Lyon last night were a bit weird. It sounded like Levy made a bid to get to speak with the player before making a lower bid, which would be pretty scummy. Spurs sources have refuted that this is the case though, and the deal sounds like it's for the amount initially agreed, so who knows. I'd imagine that Levy is a prick to deal with though, although he's been on the receiving end a few times too.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Sturridge and Dempsey to Liverpool? Gate, I can't help but think that if these deals go through, as well as Spurs' that you'd better pray that Wenger has some plans up his sleeve. Llorente? M'Vila?

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Honestly I think Arsenal is keeping quiet(aside from Bendtner being loaned out) for a reason. A small part of me is thinking they're monitoring the Dempsey situation from the shadows and could make a move if nothing develops with Liverpool. I'm still waiting to see if Cabaye or Tiote is coming in as well.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Sky Sports reports that Dempsey-Liverpool is on the brink of a complete collapse. Liverpool have reportedly offered less than what Villa offered.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":313dd0wv said:
If true about the low bid, Liverpool have only themselves to blame for making teams believe that we'll pay over the odds for average players.

Fulham may also just refuse to sell to Liverpool. They've already lodged a complaint against Liverpool with the FA regarding their unsanctioned tapping up of Dempsey. Surely they will have offered at least .£7m?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Shockingly poor bit of business by liverpool... top 4 is a pipe dream with this squad... top 8 will be a stretch

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
You guys remember when I said that Dempsey's confused? I think it's actually that he doesn't realize what qualifies as CL club. I'm still gonna cheer for him but like with Friedel, it's gonna make me sick to my stomach.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
In fairness, Spurs is closer to the CL than Liverpool and tgey did improve. As for Arsenal, I'm likely the calmest Gooner out there, Piers Morgan is a good example of the anger among Arsenal fans.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
A little disappointed we didn't add goal any threat(s) today, but I am also glad we didn't bend and just pay what the selling club wanted. Onward and upward we go.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
For starters, transfer deadline day is a frigging nightmare. Aside from the fact it's pointless, it also means an entire day on the phone asking about the latest bull shit rumour on Twitter. I wish transfers were banned.

Liverpool - Without doubt Brendan Rodgers is paying the price for the absolute shitload of money wasted by Daglish and co.

Spurs - Not convinced. Lloris is all right. Dempsey... meh. He's OK. I'm used to being more impressed with Spurs with their signings. Think they've taken a step back since Harry's bizarre departure.

Man City - Why? Why are you signing players for the sake of it?

Everton - class. A club that knows exactly what it's doing and does it well. No delusions.

Arsenal - Not done enough.

Sheff Wed - Jay Bothroyd and Martin Taylor in the bag. Going places.

Latest posts