Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

pinksheets

Reaction score
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch
Arena Alert: Just heard that negotiations are ongoing between Chris Hansen and Seattle Council. And - while slow - progress being made.
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch

Consensus is that we are getting close to an agreement on adjustments to the MOU.
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch

If a deal is struck shortly, a Seattle Council vote would happen when they reconvene in September and then go back to County for vote.
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch

Almost zero RT @Dawgfan1974 what are the chances they "strike a deal" and the city then votes it down?
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch

Before return RT @Reignman206 If not today, do you think a deal is announced over two week break or silent until they return in Sept?
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch

Yes RT @Reignman206: @kjrmitch one last one. Should I assume that if deal okay with city that county vote would be formality?

pinksheets

Reaction score
ArenaSolution.org ‏@ArenaSolution
Thank you to @DuffMcKagan for being such a champion. Lets stay focused

Thank you to @jrcelski for sharing our message at a critical time #SonicsArena #Coalition

Thank you @Macklemore @BlueScholars @Grynch206 @Wizdom80 @Jason Finn and others for good times @SonicsArena Rally! #Coalition!

Thank you @MayorMcGinn, @dsfrockt @repJKohlWelles @BruceHarrell CMMikeObrien @CityAttyPeteH for being leaders from the start.

Thank you fans and supporters! Lets keep this momentum up and get it done! @SonicsGate @BringBackSonics @sonicsarena

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Woohoo! :0190l: :fam:

Still have to keep our heads cool though until it officially passes.

Yakima Hawkster

Reaction score
Wow. I've been so focused on the Sonics arena this year that I haven't paid nearly as much attention to the Hawks as I normally do. Didn't even know this thread existed.

I can't wait to just be a fan again.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Yep, especially important to turn the heat up to an inferno during the recess, where it's likely we'll have an agreement in principle that'll cause the Portly Bunch to throw every last smear they can in what will likely be a last ditch effort to derail this thing.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Yakima Hawkster":24k4pata said:
Wow. I've been so focused on the Sonics arena this year that I haven't paid nearly as much attention to the Hawks as I normally do. Didn't even know this thread existed.

Haha. Same here. I too have been a bit less keyed in on the Hawks due to the arena fight. Getting back more into it now with actual games. But I totally get you.

And yes, Pinksheets is dead on. The closer this thing gets, the more desperate and ridiculous the Port and it's cronies will get. We have to stay diligent. Key calling and emailing the Seattle City Council, and keep fighting the good fight on Twitter. Can't get complacent or let up now.

Yakima Hawkster

Reaction score
SeaTown81":j9fmke8a said:
Yakima Hawkster":j9fmke8a said:

Haha. Same here. I too have been a bit less keyed in on the Hawks due to the arena fight. Getting back more into it now with actual games. But I totally get you.

And yes, Pinksheets is dead on. The closer this thing gets, the more desperate and ridiculous the Port and it's cronies will get. We have to stay diligent. Key calling and emailing the Seattle City Council, and keep fighting the good fight on Twitter. Can't get complacent or let up now.

That you EJ?
Paul

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Reports are coming out that the Maloofs would like to move the Kings to Virginia, which makes no sense to me because hasn't there been a belief that if they move, they want to move where they still have quick access to Las Vegas?

Throwdown

Reaction score
-shrug- I wasn't worried about the Kings anyway, it seems to me with the way Hansen talks and looking at the Bucks situation that they are the team in the crosshairs of Hansen if this happens.

Maloofs still have to get back in the good graces of the NBA for them to approve the move anyway.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah the last Pro team there did so well, and thats with these dudes playing there.

4kB113 fBGs huTtF7H8lnsy23lqv BSQxdgp IFSupMhUiYoA

WXvepS3bIhhhSJ1xemN3p8fjhGXAWCWbq7Fyy0Pl1QgnD7xLUQ

KJ2zXhODoGSV8qDQwMJ2xuikBwt3WF1EnoqAW7yU87KGw5CzCw

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Yakima Hawkster":3tuesbr6 said:
SeaTown81":3tuesbr6 said:
Yakima Hawkster":3tuesbr6 said:

That you EJ?
Paul

Hey, Paul! What's up!

Pstark3

Reaction score
chris98251":3svp54mo said:
Yeah the last Pro team there did so well, and thats with these dudes playing there.

4kB113 fBGs huTtF7H8lnsy23lqv BSQxdgp IFSupMhUiYoA
that might be the greatest logo of all time. i didnt know they could ball back then.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hearing any noise or whispers on the arena deal..... Seatown or anyone else????

Throwdown

Reaction score
Vote will happen on the 17th at the latest, and things sound very very very very very positive, i'm sure someone will link the podcast later on today when I'm sleeping for work.

Harrell ALMOST guaranteed it passing.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Throwdown":2earjifp said:
Vote will happen on the 17th at the latest, and things sound very very very very very positive, i'm sure someone will link the podcast later on today when I'm sleeping for work.

Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!

pinksheets

Reaction score
When it passes can we all dance in the street while the "Space Jam" theme blasts out of some giant speakers?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":1ods582x said:

Get er' done!

Latest posts