Diablo III

mistaowen

Reaction score
Enjoying Hell with my wizard, but it is noticably more difficult after A1. I have to kite almost every large pack which required me to completely change up my skill set. Still having fun, but I have to say I like playing with my monk friend who takes most of the heat more.

Getting ansy for PVP though, redoing the story for the third time has gotten somewhat stale. PVP was my favorite part of D2 and am excited for what this should bring. WoW like arenas with D3 characters. Should be fun.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The story (lol, what story?) is old, for sure; but I'm enjoying the challenge of inferno mode on my hardcore Witch Doctor. I'm ~halfway through Act I, approximately. I don't foresee problems with the Butcher when I get to him, but inferno Act II is supposedly pretty damned tough for hardcore chars.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Everything I have heard is the jump from A1 to A2 inferno is pretty ridiculous lol most people have to farm A1 for awhile or do well on the AH to progress through A2. Then A3 and A4 are fairly doable once you can handle A2 well. Hardcore must be pretty nail biting though....vortex into a pack of sentrys often kills me in Hell.

Also, story is pretty meh, but they did set up a few things to hopefully have a good expansion. It wont be out for awhile I'm sure, but hopefully they put some effort into it unlike the regular lol

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I just wish they'd get rid of Fast as a champion pack ability. If you're ranged, fast is like guaranteed death; you have to escape and reset until you don't get fast, for a lot of combos. : /

mistaowen

Reaction score
The jump from A1 to A2 is quite massive lol I'm able to farm A1 easily now with my wizard and went into A2 thinking I could cruise...

After a few hours of trying and having 10 minute battles against every elite pack, I think it's time to start farming A1 again. Kinda sucks though, I'm not really getting gear that improves me too much anymore.

mistaowen

Reaction score
All the complaints/potential court cases about the real money auction house lately are pretty amusing. People just losing $150-$200 sales and getting messages from Blizzard saying there's nothing they can do. It's too bad how the RMAH is dictated by Blizzard based off nerfs on previously good stats, allowing them to constantly make currently used items inferior by stat changes on their side. Thus resulting in people buying more new items to keep up with the change.

They also have admitted to there being no 'sufficient end game' at this point, as they didn't think people would become bored so quickly with farming. This game isn't WoW, but it is very much a WoW-Diablo hybrid, which is why I think customers want more 'end game.' Patch 1.1 for PVP is still a ways away, and that won't include additional story/challenges/etc with this. It'll be interesting to see what they eventually add to try and increase replay value. I know D2 improved after the expansion, but that doesn't seem like an option for a few years. Hopefully they wont have lost most of their players by then.

I don't know what the difference between D2 and D3 for me is with the never ending loot grind, but I just don't find myself interested in constantly doing that in this game like I did in D2. Maybe it is the level cap of 60 at this point which is easily attainable, or once you hit 60 there is nothing left to do besides repeatedly clear the same zones, or the fact that I have to buy items if I don't want to farm for weeks to keep up with those who do buy items. PVP will be destroyed if bought items can be used... it wont be a matter of being better, they'll be better simply because they spent more money than the other. My interest in this game has sadly decreased quickly.

OP
OP
Happy

Happy

Reaction score
found items being fairly inaqdequete at higher levels of the game is what killed the fun for me. I was dying a lot from seemingly impossible to defeat mobs. My brother comes over, looks at what I'm doing, laughs, goes to the auction house and loads me up with a bunch of stuff. Suddenly those crazy mobs became manageable.

It's just kinda weak. It just feels like a rigged game for lack of a better phrase. I haven't played it in over a month.

Plus the damn servers go down all the time. I don't like this whole having to connect to a server for a single player game thing. Next thing you know you'll have to have an internet connection and a session with a server to play your copy of madden. At that point I'll just stop gaming all together.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone is still playing this, but feel free to add Artik666#1560 to your friends list...just got this and having a good time with it.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Patch 1.0.4 dropped today. Tons of changes, I like it so far. I hadn't played at all lately but it seems like they've got it right.